Proposal: MTL and PHI "Hockey Trade"

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Just send the Flyers one of your 500 picks and I'm sure that'd be enough for Gus

If by sending you a pick you're referring to

Gus
Flyers 2nd

For

4th

Then yeah! Otherwhise, Gus isn't worth a cond 7th...

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Your healthy scratch is valuable?

Lehkonen has been a healthy scratch because, for some unholy reason, our last 3 coaches luv them some Paul Byron, a $3.4 mill per 13th forward who for some reason wears an "A"...Lehkonen has very limited offensive ability, but he's the Habs best forechecker and is more than reliable in every other facet of the game...according to multiple sources around the League, Bergevin has been fielding calls on Lehkonen on and off for the last two seasons, but never gets what Lehkonen is worth to the Habs, so he hasn't moved him, despite the need for cap relief...and no, Gustafson isn't worth anywhere near what would be required to move Lehkonen...Paul Byron is what Gustafson is worth; AKA Negative Value...

Mtler in Toronto

Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
No matter how fancy you try to make your post seem, Artturi Lehkonen is not gonna "help" fix Philadelphia's problems. LOL.

Also, if you worded your first sentence properly you wouldn't need a second sentence to explain what the first one meant.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
If by sending you a pick you're referring to

Gus
Flyers 2nd

For

4th

Then yeah! Otherwhise, Gus isn't worth a cond 7th...

While I agree with you that Gus isn't worth anything, why would the Flyers ADD to get rid of him? He's an expiring contract. They have no reason to deal him unless someone out there really wants him and is willing to throw them a late round pick. Otherwise, just keep him and let him go when his contract is up in a couple of months.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I believe Gustafsson is exactly what MTL does not need : Weber and Petry are good enough on the PP, the forwards and the setup are the issues to be fixed. In the playoffs you'd rather have a D covering if Weber is too slow or backing up Romanov, who is going to make mistakes as a rookie. Gustafsson is NOT one of the Ds you'd want for those roles.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
While I agree with you that Gus isn't worth anything, why would the Flyers ADD to get rid of him? He's an expiring contract. They have no reason to deal him unless someone out there really wants him and is willing to throw them a late round pick. Otherwise, just keep him and let him go when his contract is up in a couple of months.

I know, I was just making a point.

Gus isn't worth a pick. IF the Flyers want a pick for Gus, they'll have to grab a contract along the way

mja

Jan 7, 2005
I believe Gustafsson is exactly what MTL does not need : Weber and Petry are good enough on the PP, the forwards and the setup are the issues to be fixed. In the playoffs you'd rather have a D covering if Weber is too slow or backing up Romanov, who is going to make mistakes as a rookie. Gustafsson is NOT one of the Ds you'd want for those roles.

Gus has generally been a tire fire in his own end this year. He had one stretch of solid play, but in true AV fashion, that's when he scratched him and Gus has looked awful ever since. He has some value on the PP, but that's it. You don't want him.

That's the AV special, btw: inexplicably scratching a previously struggling player who is starting to turn the corner. It's happened like a half dozen times this season.

Now, the Flyers do have a defenseman who can provide not only some real pop on the PP but who is also underrated in his own end. Montreal could have had him for free a couple of days ago. I legitimately hope that someone makes a move for him and correctly identifies his worth. He's put up with 3 years of organizational misevaluation / sabotage and deserves better.

Reactions: pit and Tripod

mja

Jan 7, 2005
I know, I was just making a point.

Gus isn't worth a pick. IF the Flyers want a pick for Gus, they'll have to grab a contract along the way

Oh, I think some team out there might take a chance on him on and throw the Flyers a 7th or something at the TDL, maybe even just future considerations, with the Flyers retaining. He's not terrible on the PP and some GM out there may think he can squeeze some value out of him in the playoffs, but I can't see the Flyers taking on a contract back unless it's also expiring.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Lehkonen would be a great Pitlick replacement.

But, we don't need more bottom 6 wingers. Have plenty in the farm ready to call up.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
From Flyers point to view easy done deal. Free look at Lehkonen and if you don't like you let walk and don't offer a contract. It makes it easier for AV to go full "r" (think tropic thunder) and bench a young player you don't want to. But I never need to see Gus on ice ever again.
See now even flyer fans are admitting they never wanna see Gus on the ice again . Why would Montreal give up the better player who makes less . Gus sucks .

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00