Blow this team up already!

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
They're playing worse than I could have ever imagined. It's like they KNOW there are going to lose, so they've stopped trying.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
After today, I disagree.

8 x 10M for Keefe is a must. 13 x 8 for Marner.

We are forgetting that the playoffs are just practice for the next regular season. No one should be taking these games too seriously.
They made it to game 5, think of all the teams that got swept, this team's heart is unreal, no quit!

Reactions: Eternal Leaf

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Trade AM to Anaheim for Carlson and Mintyukov if he's willing to waive to go there and Anaheim is desperate enough to get a lot better quickly then see what you can get for Marner and Willy. Golden opportunity for a full reset

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
They had one. They cried until he got fired
It started off so well. That series against Washington was so refreshing and exciting. Then...

Dubas replacing Lou prematurely
Matthews getting caught with his pants down
Babs getting fired
Marner's contact negotiations
Kadri being ostracized and traded for hot garbage

I've known for a long time that this team doesn't have it. That Tampa season last year that they had no business winning, was uglier than most of the losing series they've had.

They are the most unlikable iteration of this team that I've ever seen - including the Brophy/Ballard and Phaneuf/Willson eras.

I'd say that this core has to go, but we're stuck with them. These boys have made me slowly lose interest in watching. I don't get excited when they score. I still love hockey. I coach boys and girls. My daughter plays on two teams, my son is going to hockey summer camp, I'm on the ice myself twice a week. I just don't like these guys. At all. Haven't since the crap listed at the top of this rambling mess happened.

I feel better now

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Trade AM to Anaheim for Carlson and Mintyukov if he's willing to waive to go there and Anaheim is desperate enough to get a lot better quickly then see what you can get for Marner and Willy. Golden opportunity for a full reset
And why would a rebuilding team gut thier top prospects for a guy already in his prime who will be declining before they are competitive. Why exactly?

Reactions: Pez68

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
It was horrible. Unless Matthews is on Death's Door, he should be ashamed not coming out for the 3rd.

Keefe said in the presser that the doctors made the decision.

He allegedly had food poisoning, I was thinking he developed a case of the quirts and needed time for the Immodium to take effect.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Crazy that the hometown boys coming home have crippled this franchise so much
Started with Clarkson till now tavares and Marner. That’s how they gonna be remembered
At least Gio is at minimum at retirement age!!!

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
And why would a rebuilding team gut thier top prospects for a guy already in his prime who will be declining before they are competitive. Why exactly?

Because the Leafs proved what a solid strategy that is when they traded for Kessel.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

Sorry, you don't trade a 69 goal scoring #1C in his prime...Marner is the one you trade.

Reactions: Kazparov

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Sorry, you don't trade a 69 goal scoring #1C in his prime...Marner is the one you trade.

Then go out and spend the money saved on a goalie and some D.

When Tavares' contract is up they can sign him for $1 million a year to be their #3 center and use the rest of his salary to sign other players.

If Tre does things right, he could really alter this team in just two quick years.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Not sure. Why the f*** is a Montreal fan replying to people on the Leafs board?
I was not here to troll. I just asked a legit question. Rebuilding teams will not give you thier top prospects for Mathews when they are not ready to compete. The trade would have to be with a playoff team or contender.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I was not here to troll. I just asked a legit question. Rebuilding teams will not give you thier top prospects for Mathews when they are not ready to compete. The trade would have to be with a playoff team or contender.
The Leafs are NOT trading a 69 goal scorer. Marner will be gone.

Reactions: 74 others

Boxscore

Jan 22, 2007
Trade AM to Anaheim for Carlson and Mintyukov
There is zero chance the Ducks make this trade. Zero. The cats out of the bag when it comes to Matthews play consistently in the playoffs. He has a great game here and there but consistently, you can't count on him to carry a team.

Sure, there would be a market for Matthews but it wouldn't be from a rebuilding team giving up a future, borderline-elite 1C who is 19 years old on a cozy ELC and a future top-pair D monster on a great deal for a player making $13+ million on a shorter deal.

The Ducks are building the right way... slowly... stocking the cupboard with future stars. They are not going to make the mistake the Leafs did and overpay for an older star player and mess up the rebuild.

Reactions: Tanknation

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Matthews RETAIN is the one guy that should be untouchable. He's the best goal scorer in the league and needs no one to score.

Tavares. WALK Goodbye. No not even at a reasonable deal. Utilize cap space don't bring him back. Most responsible for pathetic culture on team. Not a winner. Proven loser.

Reilly? TRADE Nothing special. Just by leaf low standards. he'd be oilers #4 dman behind Bouchard Ekholm and Nurse. Trade him for a goalie like Ullmark.

Mitch Marner WALK or minor trade. No one and I mean no one is going to give a valuable asset for one year of Mitch marner. Impossible scenario as leafs will likely make playoffs and can't be sellers at trade deadline.

Nylander - UNTRADEABLE I'm not saying Nick Ritchie would be better but 11.5 million to stat pad in reg season? Have they literally learned zero after marner? Who in earth will take this contract for EIGHT YEARS!? Stuck with it. OH WAIT ONLY ONE TEAM DUMB ENOUGH WITH 2 MORE 11 MIL FLOATERS.

Top line will have to be be Nylander and Matthews. How on earth could they have learned nothing after Tavares and marner?

So that's it by end of next year Matthews and Nylander are here.

Use cap space to get an actual #1 dman and goalie.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad