Player Discussion: Morgan Barron

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
From watching the hilites of the Montreal game, this guy looks fantastic. I hope he continuous to look athat good. 2 points in his first game as a Jet, is fantastic. I was very impressed with what I saw, and would not like to see him sent down to the Moose. He sure looked like he fit in with the line he was on.I'm impressed with this guy, unless he just had a hot game, and was plying way over his head, which I don't think he was. Decent skater with a great shot.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
From watching the hilites of the Montreal game, this guy looks fantastic. I hope he continuous to look athat good. 2 points in his first game as a Jet, is fantastic. I was very impressed with what I saw, and would not like to see him sent down to the Moose. He sure looked like he fit in with the line he was on.I'm impressed with this guy, unless he just had a hot game, and was plying way over his head, which I don't think he was. Decent skater with a great shot.
It was his 6th game as a Jet.

Reactions: surixon
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
It was his 6th game as a Jet.
Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 10.27.00 AM.png

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Love to see this guy find a spot in our top 6 on the wing or develop into a guy who can replace Lowry at 3C.
I was happy with this trade, Barron was a player I thought the Rangers would part with for Copp. I think he could take over Copp's role, add more physicality to the checking line. Replace Lowry if injured. Just need to trade for his brother now.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Moose playoffs

5GP - 4G -2A

Actually scored the first goal in 4 games straight

Was he primarily playing C or W for the Moose?

Just wondering about our Center depth as Barron is a year older than Gus so I'm just wondering which one likely gets pushed to wing.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Liked his play and he had a good playoffs with the Moose.

Will be interesting to see if he continues to improve and what his role will be in the NHL.

I'd love for the Jets to get enough depth to be able to run 3 good lines and have guys like Barron on the 4th.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Liked his play and he had a good playoffs with the Moose.

Will be interesting to see if he continues to improve and what his role will be in the NHL.

I'd love for the Jets to get enough depth to be able to run 3 good lines and have guys like Barron on the 4th.

I think he has a very good shot to make the team and contribute in a bottom 6 role next year. I like what he brings to the table.

Reactions: Huffer

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Morgan Barron could be a steal for Winnipeg. I'm expecting a big year from him, Hopefully he'll stick around with the Jets because he already looks confident at the AHL level, just needs some more game with the Big Club.

I'm hoping he can be a good Copp replacement on Lowry's wing.

Barron + Lambert looks like a nice haul for a Copp rental.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
More and more I think the Jets are going to go with Barron in Copp's slot next year. I think there is a narrative that Andrew Copp is irreplaceable, but he had 9 ES goals in 56 games last year. Barron had 2 in 14 games, with less ice time, and quality of teammates.

Is Morgan Barron capable of 12-16 goals in a season? Playing 4th line with Ryan Reaves in New York, I'd have said no, but there is a great opportunity for him here.

With no Stastny or Copp there is going to be some gravy PP time for someone who can put the puck in the net. Obviously one of those guys will be Perfetti. The other might be Lurch, as a net front presence, but I think Barron deseves some consideration.

The way I am looking at the current roster is there is going to be a need for 130 goals at least out of our top 4 (81,55,27,80) The remaining top 9 players should contribute around 70 goals this year to make it successful, which could be a challenge, but achievable, that's an average of 14 goals out of Wheeler, Perfetti, Lowry, Appleton and Barron. Then you hope to get 25 at least out of the defense, and 25 from your 4th line and reserves, and that's a 3 goal a game team, needing some tighter defense and more regulation and OT victories.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Solomonsson got some skill too.

Barron Lambert Solomonsson Is the return
That’s a great haul. I wish we would do that more often because in a small Canadian market that might be the only chance of winning. Load up on young players and build a team that hopefully gels.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
That’s a great haul. I wish we would do that more often because in a small Canadian market that might be the only chance of winning. Load up on young players and build a team that hopefully gels.
Might have to do that next draft...LOTS up in the air with Scheifele, Dubois and Hellebucyk.

Reactions: GaryPoppins

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Thought this deserved a bump, given his play last night.

Fast, smart, 6'4" and scoring at about the same rate (points/60)as Copp at the same age. Seemed like a throw-in the trade but is growing into a legitimate replacement for Copp at a fraction of the cost.

Watch the skills comp and then his SH goal--it was no fluke.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Problem is we got that haul trading a top player at the TD and that only happens if you shit the bed and are a seller at the TD.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

Fast, smart, 6'4" and scoring at about the same rate (points/60)as Copp at the same age. Seemed like a throw-in the trade but is growing into a legitimate replacement for Copp at a fraction of the cost.

Thanks for this -- caught up with the game this morning and what a play this was -- speed, skill, and will. Really looking forward to watching this kid develop and think he might be a real dark horse through a playoff series.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

I compared his scoring with Copp at every level. Barron has higher points per game in college and in the AHL at the same years of their development.

I think it's why chevy targeted him

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2