Player Discussion: Morgan Barron

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
How did he look during the game? I missed it largely

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I thought he looked pretty good.
Barron got 7:21 total on ice....

Pretty hard to get a feel for a player without seeing real minutes in all situations...

He skates well for a big man. He looks like he wants to engage and hit. He had 3 hits in his 7:21...

Morrissey had 3 hits in over 20 minutes. Svechnikov had 3 in just over 15 minutes, Sandford 3 in just over 14 minutes.

In general this team has been a bunch of light weights for the 2nd half of this season... a lot of fly-bys... bunch a... bunch a... p#&&*@$... !!!

p***yes.jpg

I wish we could discover his warts with real playing time in all situations... or perhaps discover his strengths... at this rate we won't know this season that's for sure...

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Barron looks like a guy that could definitely be a solid 4th liner with maybe a bit more potential. Seems to understand where to go and be. He’s found chances in his limited minutes. I like him.

Not sure he is any better than Vesalainen yet, jury is still out. But I would say there are some encouraging signs.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Kid looked good out there. Flashed his terrific shot and showed some decent agility and stick handling on his assist on Stastny’s goal. Appears to have good patience with the puck and puck protection ability.

It’s amazing what some respectable ice time with actual skill players can do for a young player’s confidence. Who knew?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Really like his compete - doesn't take any shifts off and has a good handle on the game.
Better puck handler than I heard anything about and a lazar shot that adds another shooter up front.
Looking forward to seeing more of this guy -

The type of player we need more of in the bottom 6. I saw some shades of Armia in him tonight. Could be a great add if he can keep that effort going and chip in some secondary scoring.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The type of player we need more of in the bottom 6. I saw some shades of Armia in him tonight. Could be a great add if he can keep that effort going and chip in some secondary scoring.
I agree -
You might not agree on this point but I also saw was a little bit of the young Wheeler in his game.

Edit: As for Armia, I might be alone on this but I see Sanford playing a similar game - the guy surprises the hell out of me with his ability to hang onto the puck.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I agree -
You might not agree on this point but I also saw was a little bit of the young Wheeler in his game.

Edit: As for Armia, I might be alone on this but I see Sanford playing a similar game - the guy surprises the hell out of me with his ability to hang onto the puck.

Doesn't have near the speed of a young Wheeler but I do see some similarities in size and how the hold the play up to create space.

Reactions: Chunkylover351

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I agree -

I've really liked the way Sanford protects the puck. But Armia's defining characteristic was his forecheck.

Reactions: DugSmail

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
I agree -

Nope, you are not alone. I've seen the Armia similarity as well. Excellent puck possession skills. I hope we can resign him.

Reactions: LowLefty

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Liked his game last night. I'd love to see this org get to the stage where they spread out some talent in the 1st 3 lines, and either have a guy like Barron as a piece of one of those lines (like Copp was), or ideally guys like him and Sanford on the 4th.

Reactions: Mbraunm and surixon

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
Liked his game last night. I'd love to see this org get to the stage where they spread out some talent in the 1st 3 lines, and either have a guy like Barron as a piece of one of those lines (like Copp was), or ideally guys like him and Sanford on the 4th.
We’ll get Babcock to coach then. He likes have one grinder on a line with skilled guys. I’m on board if the they start giving out more even spread ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad