Player Discussion: Morgan Barron

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Good sized forward prospect who can play C and both wings. Scored well in college and in his short time in the AHL. 23 years old so it's getting close to the end of the runway for him. Should get a good shot, can't be any worse than the most of our bottom six and he can help the Moose in their Calder Cup run.

Don't know too much else about him.

Welcome to Winnipeg!
Hoping something positive there in him. Would be nice if he could replace Adam Lowry on the 2nd PwrPly unit for net-front presence who can actually score.A 2nd PLD would do wonders for this roster!!
elcome to

Reactions: kellhunter

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
😂

baron-titlejpg.webp
Thanks Guardian. I was just too damn lazy to add a pic.:laugh:

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Have read the
the dreaded "skates well for his size" comment about him. Hope he has good hands and puck sense, because that comment describes half the AHL.

• Wow
Reactions: Heldig

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I honestly don't expect him to do much here. What I see is next season he's up and down, stays in Winnipeg, one full season or traded, if isn't traded walks and we forget about him. But I hope I'm wrong.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
The Rangers didn’t have time to give him a realistic opportunity as he just finished university in 2020. He was getting developed properly in New York and will have more opportunity in Winnipeg. Solid move by Chevy. :handclap:

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
hola - I was probably one of Barron's biggest fans so i'd like to share some of my thoughts

Barron is a mammoth of a player with a good shot and great size. Very often engages physically on the boards and in open ice. He has played both C and W with the Rangers org but mostly C at the AHL level where he did quite well. Not really any clear reasons why he didn't get much of a chance last year, and most of us thought he'd be a regular this year. Gallant has overtly not favored Barron since he got here.

Barron has one glaring weakness and it's that he overthinks a lot and doesn't process the NHL game very fast. For a player with his skating (it is not good), it often makes him look ineffective. He is more than willing to engage physically but his ability to identify time and opportunity to do so is lacking. He's kind of a project but he has an NHL skillet. I wish him well

The Rangers didn’t have time to give him a realistic opportunity as he just finished university in 2020. He was getting developed properly in New York and will have more opportunity in Winnipeg. Solid move by Chevy. :handclap:
That's not entirely true, there were several opportunities he had to play this year. Gallant just preferred AHL/NHL tweeners over him. It was frustrating for us, especially given that AHL lifers were getting games while he was in the pressbox. Gallant has not been a Barron fan since day 1.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Given Barron's size, position (C), and supposed faceoff ability.......the guy will get a fair shot here, anyways....

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

The New York Post seems to like him...

Sounds really good. Exactly what we need in the bottom 6. Just hope Rangers haven't ruined him. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad