Rumor: More trades coming?

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Dunno, but I'm down for that. We're pretty good at reclamation projects and he has untapped potential. Guy needs a reset and a change of scenery.
The small fact that Kekalainen picked Dubois over fellow Fin Puljujarvi says something.
He of all the Gm's would have had some good intel on the kid.
Not saying he won't turn out to be a player but ... it begs consideration ...

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Richards was coming off a 51 pt season. How is that a corpse?

And how is Perry a corpse when clearly injury played a part in his season? Maybe calling Richard a corpse might have to harsh but so is calling perry a corpse. A Richard's like hawks contact (1/2mill) is not unreasonable.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Rumour on Hockey Buzz that Hawks discussing trade for William Karlsso with cap-strapoed Begas...He needs a new deal but after production fell last season from the pnevprior wonderwhat a new contract would cost on cap?

Probably would get a $5-6 million per yr deal

Would dealing g for him change Hawks preference forC at #3 and instead turn to Byram?

What goes back to Vegas of this deal is consummated?

Obviously they save the $2million per cap hit they paid hom on his lastvco tract so they would want picks or cheap future drafted prospects who would not play I the show this season.

Maybe there would be other parts of such a deal because Hawks could take a heavy cap contract for 1 season to give further cap relief for them but not sure if they have such player with a termination contract after this seasonto deal away ..

Alternatively Hawks could deal AA to them but retain half his cap hit..that would increase their cap about $250 I over what they saved from the $2million cap hit Karlsson cost them this past season.

But if another of their cap problem players canbe taken by the Hawks this could work for both teams.

If the Hawks did thus and got Karlsson it would logjam our C positions though Nd make mo sense to draft a C anymore ...
The issue is:

Karlsson helps the C 3rd line issue...immediately...rather than waiting 1 more yr.on Turcotte to hit the show.

But in 3-4 seasons out when Toews moves down to 3C would KRlsson be able to rKe over 1C as well as we project for Turcotte doing g thay? I think not.

Of course as long as Stan does NOT give out NMCs or NTCs to Karlsson you could then still pick Turcotte and trade Karlsson once Turcotte getsxtl thecshow ...or maybe he moves to a wing spot? OR you put him at 4C then and trade him at the TDL then ...or you keep him that season to have him to expose to the Seattlecexpansion draft (in that case Karlsdon is just ax2 yr "rental" for us.

But I guess if the priority is to replace AaA as 3C for immediate 3rd line improvement maybe this is worth pursuing.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
William Karlsson would be a welcome addition for sure, depending in the cost to get him and if he would sign an extension....no way I want the hawks to pay the price to get him only to see him walk

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
And how is Perry a corpse when clearly injury played a part in his season? Maybe calling Richard a corpse might have to harsh but so is calling perry a corpse. A Richard's like hawks contact (1/2mill) is not unreasonable.
Perry has always been a bad skater and now has found a way to lose another step. He doesn't play a position of need (center/D). Its beyond looking at the stat sheet. Its also the eye test. Perry's tires are bald

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
William Karlsson would be a welcome addition for sure, depending in the cost to get him and if he would sign an extension....no way I want the hawks to pay the price to get him only to see him walk

Yeah, no activity on the trade front from the cap strapped teams. Karlsson would be a great candidate for an 8.4M x 5 year over sheet, max money in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd bracket.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Yeah, no activity on the trade front from the cap strapped teams. Karlsson would be a great candidate for an 8.4M x 5 year over sheet, max money in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd bracket.

Why would you offer him that? Vegas can't match a 1 year $2 mil offer at this point without moving salary.

AgentMacklin

Jun 17, 2019
I like Karlsson a lot but there's no way I'd offer him that much money. The guy did have that one amazing year but then he fell back to earth this season with 56 points in 82 games. His real talent likely falls somewhere in between so the max I'd offer sheet him for is 5 years at a little under 8 million.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Why would you offer him that? Vegas can't match a 1 year $2 mil offer at this point without moving salary.

Well, teams are going to be circling around Karlsson like vultures for that exact reason. The Hawks still need to outbid other teams that want Karlsson.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I like Karlsson a lot but there's no way I'd offer him that much money. The guy did have that one amazing year but then he fell back to earth this season with 56 points in 82 games. His real talent likely falls somewhere in between so the max I'd offer sheet him for is 5 years at a little under 8 million.

Also see him settling in somewhere in between the last 2 seasons. I like his playoff production too. As for the offer, ok, 7.9M vs 8.4M isn’t much different. I think he’s worth around 7.9M, would prefer not to overpay if possible but to lock him in, would go to 8.4M. Give it a couple seasons and it will be good value.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
There are only so many teams that can afford to party this off season, if I am the Hawks, these are the types of moves I would be looking at - Wild Bill or Haula...Brown in Toronto, these teams are desperate to move something out at a lower value - take advantage like some did to us years ago...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
good lord is Anaheim a mess too...I didn't even realize how close to the ceiling they were prior to buying out Perry - that team is aging, and yes I understand Kesler will go on LTIR, but just like Hossa it isn't going to do them any damn good in the offseason..they aren't even going to be able to add much, just another team in a mess like the Kings that we could fleece.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I would be on the phone with good ol' Bob Murray about Ricky Rackell - decent cap hit, guy can produce and they need to rebuild/room.

Beaudin and Sikura for Rackell, or add a pick as well..that is a guy I would LOVE to see here and only costs $3.5 mil...

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Predicting the cap is going to be crazy for the next 2 years. You are looking at growing Middle East tensions, tariffs, trade wars, the Russian wild card with OPEC, etc. It's probably best to stay conservative with our payroll.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Just look at the crazy UFA contracts getting handed out, for me we can go after two names that would help this team immensly in Rackell and Brown (Toronto)..both teams need to either rebuild in Anaheim's case or move out cap for the Leafs.

You then can make a sneaky good add in Donskoi for what I would assume $4 mil and under..this is where Bowman should be focusing on.

Move out guys like Beaudin, Sikura, Perlini, Forsling, 2020 1st or 2nd in whatever packages and get Rackell and Brown here.

Kubalik - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Rackell
Saad - Kampf - Donskoi
Caggiula - Kurashev - Brown

Rackell costs $3.5 mil
Brown costs $2.1 mil
Donskoi - $3-4 mil max

move out AA, Sikura, Perlini, Forsling and 2020 pick or two...

this easily allows us to resign our RFA's, still have flexibility with Crow and putting out a far more balanced team...who does not like that lineup??? and if you don't like Kurashev at 4C, that is fine, we have room to get someone for $3-4 mil if need be...or keep AA and drop him down..

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
8.4mil for Karlsson is bananalands. I wouldn't give him much more than he made last year.

What I like most about him is his all around game. One of the best defensive forwards in the league. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with him.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
I would be on the phone with good ol' Bob Murray about Ricky Rackell - decent cap hit, guy can produce and they need to rebuild/room.

Beaudin and Sikura for Rackell, or add a pick as well..that is a guy I would LOVE to see here and only costs $3.5 mil...

I feel like that conversation doesn't go on too long after bringing up Rackell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad