Rumor: More trades coming?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I was saving my Meier line up for later lol!!
I really like those lines though. Specifically the third line. Saad, Kampf, and Donskoi are all excellent defensively.

4th is a little iffy. Callahan is great defensively, Caggiula not so much, and Kurashev we don't quite know yet. But that's just being kind of nitpicky.

2nd line is the problem though. They'd score a lot, but also let a lot of goals in. That's why we need Timo over Perlini.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Not to be argumentative, because I agree Perlini has to make it happen relatively soon out of the gate in the next season, but NY was a first oa. Plus, you have to be careful comparing high draft picks with mid-level first-round picks because the higher picks often start at 18.

The comparison between Perlini and TT was relatively fair because their first 200 games encompassed the age period of approximately 19 to 22 yo and they were both mid-level picks and hence started a little older than the top picks. My major concern is seeing Perlini score 25 - 30 goals after the Hawks trade him for the proverbial bag of pucks. Not good asset management.

I was just pointing out that you can find guys with similar stats that didn't go on to do anything and as such your original comparison wasn't really telling. I don't see a lot of similarities in Perlini's game to TT's which is why I think it's a big reach for him to ever become that impactful of a player. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it. The absolute best I could see Perlini becoming is like a Kris Versteeg, and I think that's probably generous. TT is a legit 1st line player.

Bring Perlini back for cheap, but this is a make or break year for him. I'd bet on him going the way of Duclair though.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Kubalik - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Perlini
Saad - Kampf - Donskoi
Caggiula - Kurashev - Callahan

tell me that is not miles better than what we rolled out last year?? and Callahan is only 1 year remaining and brings that grit/200ft play we need..AND we get a high pick out of it for bailing out TB..I would love to see that lineup play 80 plus games.

Kubalik is a question mark.
Perlini is inconsistent.
Kampf is not a 3C.
Kurashev is probably at least a year away from being ready.

Other than that - great lineup.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kubalik is a question mark.
Perlini is inconsistent.
Kampf is not a 3C.
Kurashev is probably at least a year away from being ready.

Other than that - great lineup.
Kubalik is more than just a question mark, he has performed against NHLers/pro players the past few years- he is better than Kahun was at same stage.

Perlini is inconsistent, no doubt about it

Kampf is a 3C , showed it in nearly every way possible last year

Kurashev is ready

other than that, we agree :thumbu:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Kubalik is more than just a question mark, he has performed against NHLers/pro players the past few years- he is better than Kahun was at same stage.

Perlini is inconsistent, no doubt about it

Kampf is a 3C , showed it in nearly every way possible last year

Kurashev is ready

other than that, we agree :thumbu:

- Kubalik has shown nothing on NHL ice vs NHL talent nor has he shown he is better NHL player then Kahun. We hope he is good player but we certainly have no evidence he is
- We agree on Perlini
- Kampf has shown nothing to indicate he is an NHL caliber top 9 C
- Kurashev is not at all ready and the Hawks should not be rushing kid to NHL

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I really like those lines though. Specifically the third line. Saad, Kampf, and Donskoi are all excellent defensively.

4th is a little iffy. Callahan is great defensively, Caggiula not so much, and Kurashev we don't quite know yet. But that's just being kind of nitpicky.

2nd line is the problem though. They'd score a lot, but also let a lot of goals in. That's why we need Timo over Perlini.
I was so so on Perlini but am hopeful he makes another jump - but my real wish lineup is this:

Kubalik - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Pavelski
Saad - Kampf - Donskoi
Caggiula - Kurashev - Callahan
Perlini

that is doable as well cap wise for this year, need to maneuver a bit next year to fit the RFA's in,.,but that is strong..

Reactions: Kevin Musto

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
- Kubalik has shown nothing on NHL ice vs NHL talent nor has he shown he is better NHL player then Kahun. We hope he is good player but we certainly have no evidence he is
- We agree on Perlini
you have shown nothing on HF Boards for 15 years...

Reactions: Muffinalt

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
you have shown nothing on HF Boards for 15 years...
tenor.gif

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Throw in Dzingel as a backup plan for Donskoi and hope he signs for a bit less than he could get because Chicago and bad end to season with CBJ.
He can FLY, hard worker, and some skill.

Kapanen also apparently could be in play from TOR. Would be solid at RW.
TOR fans said RHD so float Joker+ for him?

Last edited:

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Throw in Dzingel as a backup plan for Donskoi and hope he signs for a bit less than he could get because Chicago and bad end to season with CBJ.
He can FLY, hard worker, and some skill.

Kapanen also apparently could be in play from TOR. Would be solid at RW.
TOR fans said RHD so float Joker+ for him?
almost completely forgot about Dzingel for a second with all the swirl lately around TOR, Hayes, Perry, etc

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Kubalik - Toews - Kane
Debrincat - Strome - Dzingel
Saad - AA - Kapanen
Caggiula - Kampf - Perlini

move up Kampf and slot someone in at 4C if AA is moved.

That is an unreal forward group.
Would only be losing Joker on the back end.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
- We agree on Perlini
Kubalik has shown far more than Kahun ever did, and if Kahun can do it, so can Kubalik
Agreed on Perlini
I don't think Kampf should be top 9 on a contender either, but on a bottom 10 team he could be a 3C.
I don't believe Kurashev is ready either, but he has proven everyone wrong the last couple of years, so I wouldn't but surprised.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
We don't need no show Dzingel

Let some other team overpay for his services and regret it

Any GM who gives Dzingel 5M or more are fools

He had 26G and 56P last season despite flying all over the ice and playing a pretty complete game.
He had a bad playoffs... there is no defending that... but that was also partially coaching and usage.

I agree that 5M for him is not worth it, though.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I think the Hawks could be offer sheeting. Do to Sharks what they did to us with Hjalmarsson/Niemi. Make them choose between Pavelski and Meier. They pick up the tab on Meier and we are free to sign Pavs.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Only 6 teams in the last 11 years in a salary cap league have won the cup. I have a feeling tomorrows trade action will be crazy. 11 years is longer than the average GM tenure and basically 24 other teams (not including vegas here) is feeling the pressure to sack up and win one. Regardless of how close they may have gotten recently.

Teams cant keep toiling away in a cap league with complex contract structures, CBAs, payrolls to go decades+ without winning the ship before their jobs are on the line and owners clean house.

Look at Chevy all of sudden panicking in Winnipeg. Its his 9th year in WPG and all he has to show for it two first round exits and a WCF appearance. Thats it. And that organization is not flush with financing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad