Rumor: More trades coming?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Do they have room to do so? How long do teams have to match?
They definitely have room, but they will have to dump off a sizable amount of quality that they were planning on bringing back/signing this offseason.

Notably guys like Leblanc, Thornton, Donskoi, and possibly others if they get burned on Meier with a $7 mil offer sheet

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Sharks match 6/40 easily.

I would do 5/31.7 and not because I don't expect the Sharks to match because I do. At that level the compensation is a 1st and third which I would gladly give up to get Timo. The purpose for me is to back San Jose into the corner of paying market value for their young players which hopefully has them part ways with Pavs. It also limits what a West contender will be able to do in the next few years as hopefully our window of competing reopens.

I would not be against Joker for Kapanen as a base, but I would not love it. I guess Joker is a middle pairing RHD as early as the middle of this season on an ELC and that is worth more then a middle 6 wing going onto his 2nd contract even money aside. I would be more open to a framework around Kapanen and Zaitsev for something around Conner Murphy and an add (Perlini/Sikura/Hayden &/or one of the excess bottom pairing LHD). Zaitsev for Murphy saves the Leafs 700K in cap for pretty much the same player when the player they have has publicly said he don't want to be there. I thought Murphy took a nice step last season , but I am leery of back issues at age 26 maybe being an issue in the near future with him. You got to get to give and if Murphy for Zaitsev gets you Kapanen for a bit less then it should cost... I would do it. Or we can take the chance the Leafs haven't sorted out their mess of a cap and drop an offer sheet for 5/20.5 and get Kapanen for next years 2nd or put the Leafs further into cap hell...win win.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I would do 5/31.7 and not because I don't expect the Sharks to match because I do. At that level the compensation is a 1st and third which I would gladly give up to get Timo. The purpose for me is to back San Jose into the corner of paying market value for their young players which hopefully has them part ways with Pavs. It also limits what a West contender will be able to do in the next few years as hopefully our window of competing reopens.

I would not be against Joker for Kapanen as a base, but I would not love it. I guess Joker is a middle pairing RHD as early as the middle of this season on an ELC and that is worth more then a middle 6 wing going onto his 2nd contract even money aside. I would be more open to a framework around Kapanen and Zaitsev for something around Conner Murphy and an add (Perlini/Sikura/Hayden &/or one of the excess bottom pairing LHD). Zaitsev for Murphy saves the Leafs 700K in cap for pretty much the same player when the player they have has publicly said he don't want to be there. I thought Murphy took a nice step last season , but I am leery of back issues at age 26 maybe being an issue in the near future with him. You got to get to give and if Murphy for Zaitsev gets you Kapanen for a bit less then it should cost... I would do it. Or we can take the chance the Leafs haven't sorted out their mess of a cap and drop an offer sheet for 5/20.5 and get Kapanen for next years 2nd or put the Leafs further into cap hell...win win.
when can you offer sheet guys? is it already open? the sooner you can do it to guys on TOR/SJS, the more they have a panic on their hands because it will tip their hand on other guys that need to be signed too and royally screws their FA plans too

Stan could be very savvy here and snowball the market and hurt more than a few teams with one deft move

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
when can you offer sheet guys? is it already open? the sooner you can do it to guys on TOR/SJS, the more they have a panic on their hands because it will tip their hand on other guys that need to be signed too and royally screws their FA plans too

Stan could be very savvy here and snowball the market and hurt more than a few teams with one deft move
Can negotiate with players on June 26, but they can't sign until free agency period begins on July 1st.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Do you want to resuscitate the corpse of Vinny Lecavlier while you're at it?

Did the Blackhawks not sign the corpse of Brad Richards at one time?

Not advocating the signing of Corey Perry, just saying it's not out of the realm of possibility. With that said, I expect him to get better offers than what Bowman might offer him.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I've seen this team ice Handzus, Brunette etc. I highly doubt Perry is THAT slow regardless of knee surgery or declining to that degree. Now having said that, not wanting him here because he is a p.o.s. player is another discussion entirely.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Did the Blackhawks not sign the corpse of Brad Richards at one time?

Not advocating the signing of Corey Perry, just saying it's not out of the realm of possibility. With that said, I expect him to get better offers than what Bowman might offer him.
giphy.gif

lol wut?

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
How about Gus, Mitchell and 2020 1st for Suzuki? Or slightly less for Poehling?

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
How do feel about these:
Gus, Mitchell and 2020 1st for Kotkaniemi, or
Gus and 2020 1st for Suzuki, or
Gus and 2019 2nd for Poehling, or
Gus and 2019 2nd for Danault?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Do you think that Sikura and Forsling could get it done for Puljujarvi? Sikura is a 3rd liner, after all, with the potential to be a 2L winger. I'm just not a fan and I'd like to see what Perlini could do with a full season playing in the top 6. Perlini reminds me of Saad in so many ways. (minus the hockey sense)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Do you think that Sikura and Forsling could get it done for Puljujarvi? Sikura is a 3rd liner, after all, with the potential to be a 2L winger. I'm just not a fan and I'd like to see what Perlini could do with a full season playing in the top 6. Perlini reminds me of Saad in so many ways. (minus the hockey sense)

Possible

Rather re-sign Forsling and try to convince them Dahlstrom is better

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

Dunno, but I'm down for that. We're pretty good at reclamation projects and he has untapped potential. Guy needs a reset and a change of scenery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad