Moose Season Discussion

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Can't imagine Levis gets any game time unless there are meaningless games before playoffs.

Reactions: hn777

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Moose up 5-1 on Iowa after 2. A Moose win would eliminate Iowa from the playoff race and I believe would put the Moose within 1 point of clinching a spot. A win and any type of Chicago loss later on would clinch it.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Quite an afternoon in downtown Winnipeg as the Moose roll (for the most part) to a 7-4 win over the Wild:

Goals: Viel | Toninato | Liwiski | Reichel | Reichel | Viel | Reichel

Check out the game recap here.

If the Wolves lose tonight the Moose clinch a playoff spot. If not, then a win tomorrow will do so.

Fabulosa.

There's some poetry in 2 Wilds being eliminated this season.

Painful Present meets Futile Future.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Does anyone want a free pair of tickets to the Moose game tomorrow? I got comped a pair but can't make it (also have a Jets game to go to on Tuesday plus playoffs, too much activity for me haha)

Edit: taken

Last edited:

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Woo-hoo!

Will be nice to a see a Moose team that has been picking up steam enter the playoffs at something like full strength -- and hopefully adding a few useful black aces also.

This seems to be a very close-knit team. I'd love to see them go a few rounds this year. Seems like just desserts.

It feels exceedingly rare to see the Jets/Moose peaking as they enter the playoffs, but that's exactly what's happening here. It's exciting to see. I had kind of written off the Moose but now I'm interested to see what this team can do, so I'm looking forward to being in the stands for today's game. Curious to see whether Barlow hits the ice today vs. Iowa?

Also big ups to Reichel on the hatty, that isn't something you see terribly often at a Moose game.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It feels exceedingly rare to see the Jets/Moose peaking as they enter the playoffs, but that's exactly what's happening here. It's exciting to see. I had kind of written off the Moose but now I'm interested to see what this team can do, so I'm looking forward to being in the stands for today's game. Curious to see whether Barlow hits the ice today vs. Iowa?

Also big ups to Reichel on the hatty, that isn't something you see terribly often at a Moose game.

Having clinched yesterday makes today's game an ideal time to play Barlow and even Levis. Maybe Levis hasn't had enough practice time with them yet. But Barlow should have.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Moose playing sloppy. Anhorn was impressive to start, nice first pass, can't remember seeing him on the ice for quite awhile now though.

Barlow unimpressive. Lots of giveaways whenever the puck's on his stick. Don't think he's touched the puck in the offensive zone.

EDIT: There's Anhorn out for a short shift.

3rd line has been crazy good for awhile now for the Moose

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Torgersson has fallen off a cliff. I thought he was starting to figure it out last season, but he’s been a huge disappointment this season.
Yeah it just amazes me how ineffective he is at seemingly every facet of the game. He used to show flashes here and there but this season it just looks like he's ready to go home.

Reactions: trebendan and hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad