Confirmed with Link: Moore/Kesler from Ducks for Dadonov and pick -- disputed; UPD voided

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think MGK was joking.

I hope MGK was joking.

MGK, you were joking, right?

tenor.gif

never would I ever

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
The main forum trade thread is so bush league. Like the seething hate for Vegas is just hilarious. All because their teams and GMs suck ass they want some ridiculous rulings made. Ottawa screwed up? Punish Vegas. Anaheim screwed up? Punish Vegas. NHL screwed up? Banish Vegas from the league!
Just a bunch of angry, miserable people not being rational. I don’t see the point in responding because it feels like talking to a troll.

Reactions: CupInSIX

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Honestly if I am Vegas, I would imply that they only did the Dadonov trade with Ottawa because they were assured by the Senators that he did not submit his list.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Even if it gets voided. They should just waive him, not suspend him.
Yeah if Anaheim agrees to claim him they can just complete the "trade" as submitted. Maybe throw some other meaningless asset in there for the trouble. Is giving them Spott fair enough?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah if Anaheim agrees to claim him they can just complete the "trade" as submitted. Maybe throw some other meaningless asset in there for the trouble. Is giving them Spott fair enough?

I like the way you think!

BUT waiving him makes him available to the lowest ranked team that wants him, not just Anaheim. The upside of Vegas IF someone were to claim him is that we don't waste a 2nd. If someone doesn't claim him, Stone is officially Kucherov'd and our slim odds at playoffs become none.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I like the way you think!

BUT waiving him makes him available to the lowest ranked team that wants him, not just Anaheim. The upside of Vegas IF someone were to claim him is that we don't waste a 2nd. If someone doesn't claim him, Stone is officially Kucherov'd and our slim odds at playoffs become none.
Hahaha someone going to claim Dadonov 🤣 😅 🤪 😂

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
He is decent. Perhaps not worth $5M, but he doesn't stink.
If he remotely had a chance to be claimed he would have been traded and I'm guessing they would not have been on the mysterious no trade list as well.

We'll see the real character of the VGK management when this all gets resolved. Pretty clear they feel the need to rush Stone back and hence made this move. If Dadonov is returned because of a voided trade its going to be difficult to have him back in the lineup. How they handle it will be telling. Try moving him another way such as the waivers move? Bury him in the minors as an FU move? Or just leave him in the lineup and see how everyone reacts? I have little faith in anyone running or coaching this team so I'm guessing the worst possible outcome will happen.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
If he remotely had a chance to be claimed he would have been traded and I'm guessing they would not have been on the mysterious no trade list as well.

We'll see the real character of the VGK management when this all gets resolved. Pretty clear they feel the need to rush Stone back and hence made this move. If Dadonov is returned because of a voided trade its going to be difficult to have him back in the lineup. How they handle it will be telling. Try moving him another way such as the waivers move? Bury him in the minors as an FU move? Or just leave him in the lineup and see how everyone reacts? I have little faith in anyone running or coaching this team so I'm guessing the worst possible outcome will happen.
I say put him on waivers, play him if he clears. There really is no other option. It would be beyond idiotic to pay $4M cap space to park him in Henderson out of spite.

Conclusion: They will park him in Henderson. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I say put him on waivers, play him if he clears. There really is no other option. It would be beyond idiotic to pay $4M cap space to park him in Henderson out of spite.

Conclusion: They will park him in Henderson. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

He can't be sent down anyways. They can waive him, but if he clears Vegas has to keep him on the roster the rest of the year.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Well at least that protects McK from his own idiocy.
I think this is part of why they clean house after the season but they better send off McPhee too. And Foley needs to look in a goddamn mirror and realize his damn the rules and others attitude, and his Cup when I want it stance is just going to sink this team. You build a team patiently and with a little help from free agents. Whether that's all him or something McPhee sold him on I'm not sure but I damn well know McCrimmon didn't come up with this shit. A guy who spent his career in the juniors developing young talent and then overseeing the draft and pipeline sure as hell didn't say let's just trade every asset we got for whatever the flavor of the month is.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019

This season is likely shot, makes no sense to rush Stone back and screw him up for next year, too, sounds like he has a degenerative condition. I so, he needs to spend the off-season strengthening his back.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I can imagine that the NHL might fine Ottawa and/or suspend their GM/AGMs involved in botched trade that didn't provide the no-trade list. (And/or make them forfeit draft picks.)

Dadonov can be traded, but he'd be sitting on his couch or in the press box and getting full pay for the rest of the season. Just for not getting a player that can help your line up might mean that VGK has to "expend" more/better draft picks and/or unsigned prospects to make a post-TDL deal to clear the cap space they need to activate (eventually?) Stone and Martinez from LTIR.

Playoffs start the first week of May (if they make it). About 5.5 weeks left in regular season.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I mean waivers ending in Anaheim is the only scenario that makes sense at this point. The net outcome will be the same as the trade unless Verbeek thinks he can play hardball.

Why should Anaheim spend 2m+ on a player that can't play a game for them until next season, then make another 6.5M?

Half of the reason to acquire him is to try and rebuild his confidence this year. Verbeek has no obligation to complete the same trade given this major wrinkle.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I can imagine that the NHL might fine Ottawa and/or suspend their GM/AGMs involved in botched trade that didn't provide the no-trade list. (And/or make them forfeit draft picks.)

Dadonov can be traded, but he'd be sitting on his couch or in the press box and getting full pay for the rest of the season. Just for not getting a player that can help your line up might mean that VGK has to "expend" more/better draft picks and/or unsigned prospects to make a post-TDL deal to clear the cap space they need to activate (eventually?) Stone and Martinez from LTIR.

Playoffs start the first week of May (if they make it). About 5.5 weeks left in regular season.
Feel like Dadonov should be given an exception to the no playing rule considering the league was partly at fault for the way they handle NT lists.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Why should Anaheim spend 2m+ on a player that can't play a game for them until next season, then make another 6.5M?

Half of the reason to acquire him is to try and rebuild his confidence this year. Verbeek has no obligation to complete the same trade given this major wrinkle.

Because of the draft pick(s). Dadonov was never the main sell of the trade to begin with. The 2nd round pick was.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Because of the draft pick(s). Dadonov was never the main sell of the trade to begin with. The 2nd round pick was.

It should be worth more to them than a 2nd round pick now.

Did a terrible GM tell you 'we're a team' and let you know a player just had their NTC voided? Call 702Perjured.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad