Confirmed with Link: Moore/Kesler from Ducks for Dadonov and pick -- disputed; UPD voided

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
That's probably where our mojo went. :laugh:

Pouring one out for KOTC

So what's a realistic alternative to trading Dadonov? Waiving Carrier, Brossoit, Janmark & Patrick? Then Smith to LTIR. Even then, with Coghlan playing forward, I don't think it's quite enough to fit Stone & Martinez back in from LTIR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boris Zubov

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
They weren't aware of Dadonov's no trade list, weren't they?
Besides that, I have no clue what you're even talking about. I didn't write to the Vegas front office. I quoted a poster suggesting to rest players and sort out the cap issues during the offseason. Obviously that particular poster wasn't aware that this wouldn't be allowed under the cba. I didn't even mention the Vegas front office.

They aren't resting, they are injured and on the IR so not playing. Does that make it clearer for you? And every team "rests" some of its veterans in the last part of the season by taking them off the ice for a bit with "nagging" injuries which sometimes lead to IR time. Are you not aware of this?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
32 Thoughts
From 32 Thoughts
One thing I wish I would have been more clear about last weekend: the NHL will not initiate any sanctions against Ottawa for the Evgenii Dadonov trade snafu. However, there is a mechanism in the NHL bylaws where one organization has the opportunity to air valid grievances against another with relief granted, if deemed appropriate. It’s up to Vegas.

So perhaps the last word hasn't yet been spoken

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad