Proposal: Montreal - Los Angeles

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
When was the last time this type of deal happened?

Makes no sense.
well it does a bit, knowing that LA as too many RHD and MTL as too many LHD.
But Ghule looks so good at just 20 years old in the NHL that MTL would make a riot if he's traded.

MTL would put Harris on the table +++ but not Ghule.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
:kings
Kaiden Guhle LHD 20 Years old, 860k
Josh Anderson RW 28 Years old, 5.5 Million
Jake Allen G 32 Years old, 3.85 Million

:habs
Brandt Clarke RHD 19 Years old, 890k
Alex Iafallo LW 28 Years old, 4 Million
Cal Petersen G 28 Years old, 5 Million

Okay so hear me out; Montreal gets a future top pairing elite offensive D-man and LA gets there top pairing physical LHD. LA gets rid of Petersen's contract and Montreal gets rid of Andersons. Win/Win.

🤝
Gezzz Anderson is not a cap dumb,, stop with that nonsense...
Petersen clear waiver, he is a cap dumb.
Anderson and Allen are not cap dumbs.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
well it does a bit, knowing that LA as too many RHD and MTL as too many LHD.
But Ghule looks so good at just 20 years old in the NHL that MTL would make a riot if he's traded.

MTL would put Harris on the table +++ but not Ghule.

so what is the last 3 vs 3 deal? (6 NHL players)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Not interested in trading guhle. One of Hutson, mailloux, or barrin will hopefully be our offensive guy on the backend.

We also have no issue with Andersons contract and he is in no way comparable to a goalie making starter money who can't get over .900 sv%
Yes... yes we do. Just not at the expense of Guhle.

Reactions: KingTech

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
:kings
Kaiden Guhle LHD 20 Years old, 860k
Josh Anderson RW 28 Years old, 5.5 Million
Jake Allen G 32 Years old, 3.85 Million

:habs
Brandt Clarke RHD 19 Years old, 890k
Alex Iafallo LW 28 Years old, 4 Million
Cal Petersen G 28 Years old, 5 Million

Okay so hear me out; Montreal gets a future top pairing elite offensive D-man and LA gets there top pairing physical LHD. LA gets rid of Petersen's contract and Montreal gets rid of Andersons. Win/Win.

🤝
I don’t see MTL trading Gulhe, Also don’t see giving Anderson away is contract isn’t great but he isn’t a complete cap dump either, MTL will have plenty of cap space starting next years Anderson won’t be a issue.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Right now Guhle and Clarke washes. Clarke might be the better bet long-term, but nobody should be selling Guhle short.

So look at the rest of this trade. You have Petersen, who nobody wants anything to do with his contract, for Allen. Clear cut on this. LA wins.

That leaves Anderson for Iafallo… flip a coin who’s better on a month by month basis. Players like Anderson carry a lot of weight for what managers want come playoff time. His contract might be somewhat of an anchor but he’s still at least contributing. You’d much rather his contract than taking on Petersen’s and the possibility he’s buried for the next so many years.

The chances Montreal gets stuck with an anchor contract with Petersen, is a lot higher than banking Clarke will be so much better than Guhle.

Managers have seen Guhle play a significant role already. When he’s on the ice, he’s very involved. Clarke has been sheltered in his opportunities. Small samples for both but when you see a young kid like Guhle come in and be able to play a significant, un-sheltered role, you tend to keep those guys.

If you could guarantee Clarke will be a much better player, then maybe. The fact is, right now, there’s nothing to suggest that except for a few draft slots.

So you really do have to wash them in this proposal and ask yourself. Would Montreal do Allen and Anderson for Petersen and Iafallo? Think Montreal passes pretty easily. They just can’t take the chance on Petersen. Especially playing in Montreal.

This is the type of proposal you might look at in 2 years and say Montreal should’ve jumped on it. Just don’t think banking on Petersen right now, would interest very many teams. In this deal, that’s what’s being asked.

This is a great post, very fair to everyone involved.

The only thing I'd add is I think people are mistaking that Clarke CANT do it. He can, he was the best player on the ice some nights until Todd decided we were going to play him on the wrong side in a shitty role with no PP time, slowing him down. He looks absolutely special, like Doughty special. Just an absolute hockey savant. It blew me away how good he was, with all sorts of cockiness/swagger, so early.

Don't mistake the Kings' stupidity/misuse of young players for inability--it's just stupidity, not an indictment of what they can do. Though of course I agree you can't make the leap when he's not there, unfortunately.

Reactions: go4hockey

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If Guhle and Clarke are a wash, how does does Petersen and Iafallo for Anderson and Allen sound?

No one can tank better than Cal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Kings will not be trading Clarke.

If the shoe was on the other foot, Kings fans would be even more upset that someone asked for Guhle.

You sure are.

Can’t wait to bump this thread in two years when Clarke is a young #1 stud defenseman, and Guhle is a nice second pairing defender as he was projected to be.

Be careful cause that could backfire the other way. I'm pretty sure you have not watched Guhle play in the NHL this year. If you did, you would not be saying what you are saying today. Quick.... you better go check his points to use as your opinion angle :laugh:

Guhle is a step ahead at the moment and it's probable both are very good top 4D's when we look back in 2 or more years.

• Haha
Reactions: Craft Beer Lover

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Guhle and Clarke are a wash, how does does Petersen and Iafallo for Anderson and Allen sound?

No one can tank better than Cal.

It makes no sense for the Habs to trade Guhle and no sense for the Kings to trade Clarke. Delete both of them from the offer.

Habs are looking at futures if we trade Anderson. We might take a contract back but the prime return is futures. Think Toffoli return (late 1st and B+ prospect).

Anderson's value is goals (20+) and his skating/size package. Points come and go for players like this depending on who they are playing with. Habs will retain him and consider trading him maybe when he is 30 if we have too. Players do decline but that usually applies to poor skaters. Anderson's skating is top notch at age 28. It's not likely to fade as much as people think it will from 28-32.

Allen likely stays. Habs will ride with Allen/Monty during our rebuild/growth years. Allen is going through a rough time right now. Not as good as he was in the Wings game but better than what we have seen in the last 5.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Anderson >>> Iafallo
Allen >>> Cal
No reason to trade the better and more valuable players for nothing in return

Kings fans acting like this is lob sided towards the Habs is comical.

1) Both Habs and Kings won't trade Guhle or Clarke. Makes no sense for either side to make this flip

2) Habs are not shopping Anderson. Fans are and the other gullible fans are falling for it and then devaluing Anderson to a cap dump. Habs are getting actual calls from other GM's who want to acquire for cheap. Habs will keep Anderson and be totally fine with it if it's not a Toffoli starting price (late 1st and B+ prospect trending well). If we trade Anderson, it's not cap dump narratives. It's a futures ask and we might take a contract back

3) Allen is having a rough stretch a games. He was not as good as he was when he stole the game against the Wings but he's not as bad as the last 5 games either. We will ride with Allen/Monty for a bit yet.

Habs don't want Lafallo or Cal. We are looking to unblock roster spots for younger players which is one of the reasons why we might trade Anderson.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Clarke for Guhle swap is arguable for either team. Get rid of everything else involved. It hurts my head.

frustrated-ugh.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Craft Beer Lover

Nov 14, 2022
Mt Laurel, NJ
If the shoe was on the other foot, Kings fans would be even more upset that someone asked for Guhle.

Be careful cause that could backfire the other way. I'm pretty sure you have not watched Guhle play in the NHL this year. If you did, you would not be saying what you are saying today. Quick.... you better go check his points to use as your opinion angle :laugh:

Guhle is a step ahead at the moment and it's probable both are very good top 4D's when we look back in 2 or more years.
I’ve seen Guhle play this year, and while he is a nice defensive defenseman, he is not special offensively, and will never be classified as a #1 defenseman. You think you’re slick with the above statement, but the dirty little truth of the matter is that Guhle is ONE YEAR OLDER than Clarke, and at this stage in Guhle’s development, he was still in junior. Clarke’s talent and potential far exceeds Guhle’s and you know it.

Suzuki/Caufield/Dach/Guhle/Slafkovsky are untouchables, we're building around them.
Dach is not a building block player. At best, he is a second line forward.

Last edited:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I’ve seen Guhle play this year, and while he is a nice defensive defenseman, he is not special offensively, and will never be classified as a #1 defenseman; perhaps a top-pairing #2...nothing wrong with that. You think you’re slick with the above statement, but the dirty little truth of the matter is that Guhle is TWO YEARS AGO OLDER than Clarke, and at this stage in Guhle’s development, he was still in junior. Clarke’s talent and potential far exceeds Guhle’s and you know it.

o_O we'll see

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’ve seen Guhle play this year, and while he is a nice defensive defenseman, he is not special offensively, and will never be classified as a #1 defenseman. You think you’re slick with the above statement, but the dirty little truth of the matter is that Guhle is ONE YEAR OLDER than Clarke, and at this stage in Guhle’s development, he was still in junior. Clarke’s talent and potential far exceeds Guhle’s and you know it.

It's subjective to project both Guhle and Clarke at this point in time. Both have top 4D potential and Guhle is performing to that level right now. You looking at his points is premature... just like you think Clarke is a projected #1. Keep trying... I've seen it before. Lots of different outcomes that could play out and you like to think your guess is better than others. That's foolish!

I repeat... Neither team trades Guhle or Clarke. You can make fun of Habs fans all you want but Guhle is performing very well for us and Clarke is not rated higher than him today. Reality

I don't care about your assessment on Dach after I hear what you said about Guhle vs Clarke. Dach to me is a play making winger and not sure he is a true center yet. For now, he's been doing very well on our top line thank you very much. Talent needs to play with talent.

Reactions: viceroy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
o_O we'll see

They likely think we overrate our players and therefore, Guhle and Dach are nothing special and Clarke is a sure shot top pairing guy. Just like Vilardi is a future star.

Kings are allowed to pump up Clarke and Vilardi but Habs can't do that with Guhle and Dach. Clarke and Vilardi are building blocks and Guhle and Dach are not. That's comical

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
But Guhle will be a #1 stud, eh?? 🤣

Actually Habs fans are not saying that. You are playing the twisting game. Guhle is a very good top 4D and he's performing to that level right now in his 1st season.

You are the one who is out of line here with your Clarke projections and Guhle deflating. Neither team trades each player but you like to play the narrative that the Habs are stupid if they think Guhle is as good as Clarke and we should run to make the flip ASAP.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Thanks Nostradamus, we appreciate the insight
You want Nostradamus. Check below.
Craft Beer Maven said:

Can’t wait to bump this thread in two years when Clarke is a young #1 stud defenseman, and Guhle is a nice second pairing defender as he was projected to be.

And
Guhle will never be classified as a #1 defenseman. development, he was still in junior. Clarke’s talent and potential far exceeds Guhle’s

And we can't leave out...
Dach is not a building block player. At best, he is a second line forward

Stay tuned as the next weeks lotto winning numbers will be next. .

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5