:kings
Kaiden Guhle LHD 20 Years old, 860k
Josh Anderson RW 28 Years old, 5.5 Million
Jake Allen G 32 Years old, 3.85 Million

:habs
Brandt Clarke RHD 19 Years old, 890k
Alex Iafallo LW 28 Years old, 4 Million
Cal Petersen G 28 Years old, 5 Million

Okay so hear me out; Montreal gets a future top pairing elite offensive D-man and LA gets there top pairing physical LHD. LA gets rid of Petersen's contract and Montreal gets rid of Andersons. Win/Win.

🤝

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Not interested in trading guhle. One of Hutson, mailloux, or barrin will hopefully be our offensive guy on the backend.

We also have no issue with Andersons contract and he is in no way comparable to a goalie making starter money who can't get over .900 sv%

Indca

Mar 16, 2022

Okay so hear me out; Montreal gets a future top pairing elite offensive D-man and LA gets there top pairing physical LHD. LA gets rid of Petersen's contract and Montreal gets rid of Andersons. Win/Win.

🤝
Who mentioned Andersen as bad contract?
Our GM on the contrary is saying that they are receiving great offers for Anderson.

We have finally hit homerun with Guhle so why giveaway home grown talent?

Craft Beer Lover

Nov 14, 2022
Mt Laurel, NJ

🤝
They love Guhle in Montreal, who will carve out a nice career as a very good defensive defenseman in the NHL. However, Brandt Clarke is special, and has Norris Trophy potential. Montreal should lunge at this trade.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
are you a kings fan?
How is that good for kings lol

🤝
Can't believe kings fan is proposing this

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
One of the most interesting proposals I’ve seen here. Well done. Doesn’t seem popular with either fan base, which means you’re close on value and each side is giving up assets that hurt.

As a fan of neither team, I’m confused as to which team I think it’s better for. I could make arguments each way.

You Kings fans fussy about this don’t realize how good a prospect Guhle is. I know Clarke has an even better pedigree, but Guhle looks like a top four staple as a big RHD that really Ds it up. The other pieces favor the kings even if Clarke part favors the Habs

Last edited:

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
One of the most interesting proposals I’ve seen here. Well done. Doesn’t seem popular with either fan base, which means you’re close on value and each side is giving up assets that hurt.

As a fan of neither team, I’m confused as to which team I think it’s better for.
thank-you-bow.gif

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
They love Guhle in Montreal, who will carve out a nice career as a very good defensive defenseman in the NHL. However, Brandt Clarke is special, and has Norris Trophy potential. Montreal should lunge at this trade.
you haven't watched Guhle

Because Clarke is a grand slam.
great keep him.
Habs don't make this deal.
It breaks down as a Clarke for Guhle deal which will never happen.
Habs don't need the other two pieces, nor do they need to get out from Josh's contract

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I think the value is close but I really don't want to move Guhle even tho Clarke is awesome too.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

As a fan of neither team, I’m confused as to which team I think it’s better for. I could make arguments each way.

It can either mean the value is close, or it can also just mean that it's not really meeting the needs of either team, or is including players that are practically "untouchable" on both sides. Guys that pragmatically speaking, their respective teams have absolutely no reason or desire to move on from.

I think in this case, it's more of the latter. Montreal have no reason to move Guhle. They've found him and he's coming along nicely, and that defensive D who can log those big minutes is a hugely difficult thing to trade for. You often have to draft and develop them yourself, just as Montreal have done.

And from the Kings end...they have plenty of reason not to want to move a guy like Clarke who has extremely high "upside". He may or may not ever hit it, but at this point in his development, he's not the sort of prospect a team like the Kings is going to be inclined to move. They'd be smart to just keep him and see what he turns into.

Reactions: John B

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
It can either mean the value is close, or it can also just mean that it's not really meeting the needs of either team, or is including players that are practically "untouchable" on both sides. Guys that pragmatically speaking, their respective teams have absolutely no reason or desire to move on from.

I think in this case, it's more of the latter. Montreal have no reason to move Guhle. They've found him and he's coming along nicely, and that defensive D who can log those big minutes is a hugely difficult thing to trade for. You often have to draft and develop them yourself, just as Montreal have done.

And from the Kings end...they have plenty of reason not to want to move a guy like Clarke who has extremely high "upside". He may or may not ever hit it, but at this point in his development, he's not the sort of prospect a team like the Kings is going to be inclined to move. They'd be smart to just keep him and see what he turns into.
Guhle isn't only a defensive D. He's projecting at 30+pts as a rookie and playing 20+ mins a game

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

🤝
Right now Guhle and Clarke washes. Clarke might be the better bet long-term, but nobody should be selling Guhle short.

So look at the rest of this trade. You have Petersen, who nobody wants anything to do with his contract, for Allen. Clear cut on this. LA wins.

That leaves Anderson for Iafallo… flip a coin who’s better on a month by month basis. Players like Anderson carry a lot of weight for what managers want come playoff time. His contract might be somewhat of an anchor but he’s still at least contributing. You’d much rather his contract than taking on Petersen’s and the possibility he’s buried for the next so many years.

The chances Montreal gets stuck with an anchor contract with Petersen, is a lot higher than banking Clarke will be so much better than Guhle.

Managers have seen Guhle play a significant role already. When he’s on the ice, he’s very involved. Clarke has been sheltered in his opportunities. Small samples for both but when you see a young kid like Guhle come in and be able to play a significant, un-sheltered role, you tend to keep those guys.

If you could guarantee Clarke will be a much better player, then maybe. The fact is, right now, there’s nothing to suggest that except for a few draft slots.

So you really do have to wash them in this proposal and ask yourself. Would Montreal do Allen and Anderson for Petersen and Iafallo? Think Montreal passes pretty easily. They just can’t take the chance on Petersen. Especially playing in Montreal.

This is the type of proposal you might look at in 2 years and say Montreal should’ve jumped on it. Just don’t think banking on Petersen right now, would interest very many teams. In this deal, that’s what’s being asked.

Craft Beer Lover

Nov 14, 2022
Mt Laurel, NJ
My issue with this proposal is Guhle is already in the NHL playing top 4/top 3 minutes and doing great. Clarke hasn’t reached that level of play yet.

For that reason, I’m out.
You sure are.

Can’t wait to bump this thread in two years when Clarke is a young #1 stud defenseman, and Guhle is a nice second pairing defender as he was projected to be.

• Haha
Reactions: beowulf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad