Proposal: Montreal - Los Angeles

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
As a Habs fan there is no way I am dealing Guhle. Now when you come up with an offer of Clarke for him it makes me really think.

Guhle was thrown into the fire by the Habs this year as a 20 year old rookie. They started the season with Edmundson and Matheson both out for long term. He was part of four rookies to make the team and he played great. He has played as a top pair defenceman who has shown the ability to shut down opposing top lines. He plays a physical game, plays 20 minutes a game and has some offensive skills as well. Clarke has the potential to be the better player for sure but I’ll stick with what I have and know.

Come back and quite me in a year or two and I’ll admit that I was wrong if I am.

Reactions: viceroy

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Who mentioned Andersen as bad contract?
Our GM on the contrary is saying that they are receiving great offers for Anderson.

We have finally hit homerun with Guhle so why giveaway home grown talent?
Yeah everyone is scratching and clawing to add a guy who is up to 7 points on the season and for 5.5 for another 4 seasons.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
You sure are.

Can’t wait to bump this thread in two years when Clarke is a young #1 stud defenseman, and Guhle is a nice second pairing defender as he was projected to be.
Got some news for you buddy; Guhle is already a “young #1 stud defenseman” lmao. Clarke is currently in the AHL. What a goofy post 🤣

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Short term LA would come out ahead, but that's really just indicative of where each team is at this stage. LA is a playoff team and trying to take that next step, and Montreal would be in a good place if they were terrible this year. Comes down to how much more you value Clarke over Guhle (which is tough because Guhle is already making a positive impact in the NHL).

Montreal fans probably would hate to lose Guhle, but this would be great for a tank season. Solid trade IMO.

Reactions: Anardil

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
You’re right...Guhle is Bobby Orr’s second coming. 🤣
No one said that at all. But clever attempt I guess

Just saying Guhle is a defensive defensemen just shows you have no clue about him so why comment? Also saying Clarke has Norris potential is a bit silly no? 9 games and 2 whole points.

Short term LA would come out ahead, but that's really just indicative of where each team is at this stage. LA is a playoff team and trying to take that next step, and Montreal would be in a good place if they were terrible this year. Comes down to how much more you value Clarke over Guhle (which is tough because Guhle is already making a positive impact in the NHL).

Montreal fans probably would hate to lose Guhle, but this would be great for a tank season. Solid trade IMO.

you did not see them last night. They do not need to make a bad deal like this to tank. The tank is starting to take form.....

Reactions: CDN24

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
You sure are.

Can’t wait to bump this thread in two years when Clarke is a young #1 stud defenseman, and Guhle is a nice second pairing defender as he was projected to be.
We have a bonafide Madam Zelda here.
Since you can see the future with such clarity, why dont you give me the winning 6 numbers of Saturday's 6/49 will you?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Who mentioned Andersen as bad contract?
Our GM on the contrary is saying that they are receiving great offers for Anderson.

We have finally hit homerun with Guhle so why giveaway home grown talent?
He would have been traded a long time ago if this actually happened. The only people on earth who can't recognize how bad of a contract this is are Habs fans.

I wouldn't do the original deal if I'm Montreal either. Guhle is simply way more valuable than Clarke at this point.

You sure are.

As a neutral observer I doubt you want this bumped based on this take and I do not like the Habs.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
You’re right...Guhle is Bobby Orr’s second coming. 🤣
No but he might be the 2nd coming of Shea Weber. Big mean kid out of the WHL.

In his D+2 year in WHL weber put up 12G 29A 41pts in 55 games plus 9G 8A in the playoffs leading his team to the memorial cup.
In his D+2 year Guhle put up 7G 33A for 40 pts in 42 games. He added 8G and 8A in the playoffs leading his team to the memorial cup.
Weber played 28 games in NHL in his D+3 season with 2G 8A for 10 pts
This his Guhle's D+3 season he has 1G and 7A in 22 games so far playing against other teams top line for the most part

Habs are not trading Guhle in anything other than a massive overpay which this proposal isn't.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Would love to land Clarke kid will be special and we have a big need for RD’s but not at the expanse of losing Guhle we need him badly also

i would give anything else for Brandt aside from Guhle,Caufield,Suzuki,Slafkovsky and Habs 1st (2023)

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
No issues with value - just can't see either team moving their prized D rookie.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Aww a little dissapointed - had my popcorn ready, expecting some kind of proposal to get Danault back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad