Proposal: Montreal - Los Angeles

ranchand

Nov 5, 2022
This is silly. Guhle isnt far off from proving he is a top pairing 40-50 pt stud with a well rounded game and can play with an edge. Clarke has an even higher offensive ceiling but they’re not trading Guhle on the chance that Clarke ever realizes his full potential.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
:kings
Kaiden Guhle LHD 20 Years old, 860k
Josh Anderson RW 28 Years old, 5.5 Million
Jake Allen G 32 Years old, 3.85 Million

:habs
Brandt Clarke RHD 19 Years old, 890k
Alex Iafallo LW 28 Years old, 4 Million
Cal Petersen G 28 Years old, 5 Million

Okay so hear me out; Montreal gets a future top pairing elite offensive D-man and LA gets there top pairing physical LHD. LA gets rid of Petersen's contract and Montreal gets rid of Andersons. Win/Win.

🤝
Habs be nuts to trade Guhle

Reactions: viceroy

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I think Guhle was projected to be a 2nd pairing D, but i find that he is playing like that NOW, so unless he is already at his peak, I think he will end up a 1st pairing D. So really this proposal becomes a "projected 1st D for possible 1-2D" with pieces to even i out. However, I dont think Anderson is a capdump, I Allen at 3.8 M is better than Pedersen at 5. I like Iafallo but i think Anderson has skills that are harder to find in the NHL. I think Mtl declines, but in reality i dont think this makes sense for either side.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
FWIW i wouldn't move Guhle for Sanderson 1 for 1.. and i think Sanderson is gonna be a solid #1 dman.

Beyond being a great 2 way/physical minute muncher, Guhle is also a great leader. He could easily be a captain in the NHL. Personality-wise there's a lot of Weber in him tbh. There's no hesitation in his play, he always plays with a ton of confidence. To me he's as valuable as Suzuki/Caufield.

Last edited:

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I would consider this deal for two reasons:

1- Losing Guhle would help with the tank effort to finally, hopefully, get a truly elite skater in over 40 years.
2- I like Clarke's potential to be a true #1 d-man/pp QB. Another position that this team has lacked since Markov left.

I would be willing to roll the dice on Clarke's potential, but that's just MHO.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Everyone in here calling Guhle a defensive defencemen are reading scouting reports and not watching games. The kid is a fantastic skater for his size, great breakout passing, has a very good shot, and is as well-rounded as they come. He's completely levelled up in the NHL, compared to his time with the WJC and the Oil Kings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad