Montreal is the worst team in the league.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Why can't the Leafs and Habs ever good at the same time?

Although part of me is enjoying seeing them play like this, I would like to see the meet up in the playoffs once in my life. It's been almost 40 years.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Although part of me is enjoying seeing them play like this, I would like to see the meet up in the playoffs once in my life. It's been almost 40 years.

Well my fellow Leafer, a lot of the blame is on this side. When we miss the playoffs for a decade, that doesn't help.

Though the Habs are lucky we didn't meet up in '93 when Kerry's Fraser's whistle was broken.

Their Cup "win" has an asterisk that year because they didn't go through us.

Yep. I said it.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

mattw4466

Jan 15, 2014
I dont really get why their defense sucks........Weber and alzner are both very good defenders, Benn and Petry are pretty good.

Don't know about the other two guys, but with those 4 you really shouldn't be that bad.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I dont really get why their defense sucks........Weber and alzner are both very good defenders, Benn and Petry are pretty good.

Don't know about the other two guys, but with those 4 you really shouldn't be that bad.

I'm thinking adjustment period. Over half the D are new guys. Alzner in particular seems to be having a hard time finding his game. Looked a lot better last night though. They aren't going to be the best D ever assembled, but they should be a lot better than the first 8 games by mid-season.

We have yet to see Schlemko play also.

Reactions: mattw4466

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
Arizona may have a worse record, but I could see a glimmer of descency in their future. Montreal is so tied up right now. They have long term contracts that only a contending team woul take on short-term. But they need to rebuild. But they can’t.

BS, Arizona is the worst team by far regardless of what prospects they have. That team has proven nothing. The habs have had a putrid start Andy let’s ass I feel it continues but not sure I’d say they aren’t the worst yet.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009

Benn being in their top 4 is not a good thing.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Benn being in their top 4 is not a good thing.

I actually prefer Emelin to Benn, personally. A bit more mobile. Is Schlemko better than Benn? Can't say I've ever really watched him play so I really don't know what to expect. If so he'll probably bump him down when he comes back.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Leafs fan hoping Montreal gets dahlin

Id rather see Montreal succeed than Florida zona Vegas etc

Leafs habs playoff series would be wild

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

well if they trade for Tavares, maybe it will help.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
I'd rather be bad and have prospects than be bad and not have prospects.
Prospects mean nothing unless they can actually take that next step, Habs have been awful yes but they have been a regular playoff team and division winner with this core. Awful start like I said there are no excuses there but “potential” and prospects do not make Montreal a worse team than Arizona.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I still say Habs make the playoffs, though they're digging themselves a helluva hole.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Prospects mean nothing unless they can actually take that next step, Habs have been awful yes but they have been a regular playoff team and division winner with this core. Awful start like I said there are no excuses there but “potential” and prospects do not make Montreal a worse team than Arizona.
No, even if they can’t make the next step, they’re assets you can unload on other teams before they all come to the same conclusion. There is literally no way you can argue that it’s better to be bad and also not have futures.

Yes MTL has been competitive with this core. But they’ve also changed a good bit of it and added very little since. This current core isn’t really the same one they had that success with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad