OT: Montreal Impact thread: Is it 2018 yet? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Surely, I can complain, this team is in critical condition in attack and your solution is a 35 yo very past his prime, who hasn't scored a goal in years? This guy flopped in China. The only good thing is that he's World Cup winner, so with his addition (and most likely Pirlo departure) this league will have WC winners from the 2002 edition to 2014.

Donadel wasn't signed when he was 35 and he isn't a forward and what has Donadel done for this team? He's average at best. Piette came in and took his spot, the team looked alot better instantly, that says a lot. We should just move on from old Italian players, they aren't a good fit. And I know you're gonna bring up MDV, but he is the exception he was still banging goals in Serie A before he joined us.

You're literally arguing by yourself JP.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I'm happy they're giving him a try out 1st. We have absolutely nobody behind AJH at the striker position right now, so there's worse things than having a world cup winning striker to playing 10-15 minutes a game.

If Di Vaio could score 22 goals at 37 years of age in this league, surely Gilardino could score a couple here and there.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Nothing to lose I suppose... At least my expectations are going to be ridiculously low this time around (a bit like when they first announced Mancosu)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Meh, he looked pretty much done to me last year in Serie A, although on a bad team in his defense. He's not a real physical presence either which worries me at his position in the MLS. Oh well, maybe I'm just in a grumpy mood.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Sigh..... If that means Mancosu isn't coming back then and he doesn't take a DP spot then I guess it's not a bad thing

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Haven't seen Gilardino play in ages, so I'm not expecting much, but who knows. Not sold on AJH either, but I do hope he gets a fair shake.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
So apparently they are trying to sign Gilardino before this Friday which is the deadline to bring in free agents. Now, that would make more sense, I thought he was training to start playing for the next season hence why I lost all faith in this team and their scouting strategy.

Now for short-term it can go 50/50 and with 7 games to go it might be best to risk it all. With 15% chances of making the playoffs, you have nothing to lose.

Problem is who u give up for that International spot? End Boldor's loan? Dump Bernardello? Mancosu?

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Usually strikers that we sign late in the season turn out pretty good (ie: Drogba and Mancosu). It's the year after that they start sucking

So this Gilardino guy may be just what we need

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
So apparently they are trying to sign Gilardino before this Friday which is the deadline to bring in free agents. Now, that would make more sense, I thought he was training to start playing for the next season hence why I lost all faith in this team and their scouting strategy.

Now for short-term it can go 50/50 and with 7 games to go it might be best to risk it all. With 15% chances of making the playoffs, you have nothing to lose.

Problem is who u give up for that International spot? End Boldor's loan? Dump Bernardello? Mancosu?

They're still aloud to trade TAM or GAM for international spots. It's player movement that the deadline is behind us.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
It's stupid though, we traded away an international spot last month

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
It's pretty established by now that this organization improvises more than a 1970's jazz fusion band. This is pretty much what they do.

Doesn't improvisation imply a bit of creativity? If anything this team is the clichéd definition of insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad