Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators|Part 2|"Let's win it all" WARNING #638

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
http://www.theonion.com/articles/you-will-suffer-humiliation-when-the-sports-team-f,10804/

"you will suffer humiliation when the sports team from my area defeats the sports team from your area.

On numerous occasions, you have expressed the conviction that your area's sports team will be victorious. I must admit that every time I hear you make this proclamation, I react with both laughter and disbelief. "Ha!" I say to myself with laughter. "What?!" I say to myself in disbelief. How could you believe that your sports team could beat my sports team? It is clear that yours is inferior in every way."

I love the onion. That is all.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Depends on the person, I hate rival fans around me, thats why I sit in a supporter section where hab fans get tossed.

Oddly enough I feel like Habs fans act more entitled than Leaf fans at the CTC, Always have good convos and chirps with Leaf fans, maybe its because we are kind of similar being both Ontario teams or something like that. Habs fans are the ones that go up to the ushers and complain about everything, or they get violent when we make chants chirping their team (Pageau, Subban Sucks, Careeeeey)

The splits usually depend on the success of both teams at the time.

If I owned the sens regardless of the loss of profit I would put strict sanctions on opposing jerseys.

I sat in the sens zone once (free ticket), had to go without my jersey but they didn't mind me cheering for the habs/booing the sens. They were an all-around good bunch.

I'm surprised to hear some get along with Leafs fans better than habs fans, I guess every one has their own preferences...I don't really mind either fanbases tbh, I have more sens friends than habs friends and my best bud is a leafs fan. In the end, after all the chirping or fighting, we're all hockey fans.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Condra
Lazar-Pageau-Ryan
Michalek-Legwand-Chiasson/Smith/Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Boro-Ceci
Cowen-Wiercioch/Wideman

Anderson

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I sat in the sens zone once (free ticket), had to go without my jersey but they didn't mind me cheering for the habs/booing the sens. They were an all-around good bunch.

I'm surprised to hear some get along with Leafs fans better than habs fans, I guess every one has their own preferences...I don't really mind either fanbases tbh, I have more sens friends than habs friends and my best bud is a leafs fan. In the end, after all the chirping or fighting, we're all hockey fans.

I know some fans that are team fans, not sports fans. It's like a tribal affiliation. This happens more with the more established teams, like Leafs or Habs or any original 6. I'd rather sit next to a Leafs fan that's actually a fan of the sport over a diehard Sens flag-waver any day. That said, the worst team for tribal knuckleheads in my experience is the Leafs.

A red flag for me is anyone who actively hates on another team. I know people who will buy the jersey of an opponent to a team that they hate. They're just not enjoying the game the way I like to enjoy it.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I know some fans that are team fans, not sports fans. It's like a tribal affiliation. This happens more with the more established teams, like Leafs or Habs or any original 6. I'd rather sit next to a Leafs fan that's actually a fan of the sport over a diehard Sens flag-waver any day. That said, the worst team for tribal knuckleheads in my experience is the Leafs.

A red flag for me is anyone who actively hates on another team. I know people who will buy the jersey of an opponent to a team that they hate. They're just not enjoying the game the way I like to enjoy it.

Lol wtf :help: tell them to find a hobby

And I think I know what you mean, I watch the games with my sisters sometimes and they're so biased because they're only habs fans, like if a habs player gets called for tripping they'll be like 'oh my god that guy dove' when it was a clear trip from the habs :facepalm:. I'll admit I'm not a sens fan, but when I go to a sens game that doesn't involve the habs I always have to rock my Karlsson jersey because I have nothing to gain from cheering against the sens when the habs aren't involved.

Tomorrow should be fun, here's to hoping neither fanbases has any altercations like those two young girls.

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa
Last night this 20-something Habs fan purposely stepped on a 2 year old girl's foot because she was wearing a homemade Hammond shirt. He ran so fast away before people could find him. That's all I'll say.

Othello*

After a horrendous performance in his playoff debut, Ceci bounced back with a complete game

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Last night this 20-something Habs fan purposely stepped on a 2 year old girl's foot because she was wearing a homemade Hammond shirt. He ran so fast away before people could find him. That's all I'll say.

Don't worry, Karma will catch up to him.

These ********** always gets whats coming to them eventually.

To hurt a 2 year old girl because of a hockey game (yes a ****ing hockey game) just goes to show you what type of person that guy is.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Please for the love of god, bench Gryba.

I can't stand his stupid face anymore. Every time i look at it now, i just want to punch it.

Othello*

Might as well switch Smith with Legwand, Smith has one less even strength goal then him lmao

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
Find a way to put in Neil AND Smith. Both ideally in the fourth line. We need to get tougher and get back to the way we played last series.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Don't know if Smith is as tough as he was before. He used to be the ultimate pest and in your face type of player. That smith has been no where to be seen the last couple of seasons.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Find a way to put in Neil AND Smith. Both ideally in the fourth line. We need to get tougher and get back to the way we played last series.

We go from no 4th line to a 4th line thats gonna cost us. Its one or the other. Smith + Neil = Guarantee to be outplayed and take dumb penalties.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011

This article really opened by eyes as to how meaningless hockey really is. I mean, its all so irrelevant. None of it makes a difference. Win, lose, its all the same. Iits just an opiate of the masses to distract us from what realy matters. Our society, our community, our family and our future. ITs a perfect example of inverted totalitarianism. We invest so much energy in this and we cant possibly make any difference. If we invested this much energy into each other, into creating understanding and mending fences, we would be far better off for it.

Senafan

May 17, 2013
This article really opened by eyes as to how meaningless hockey really is. I mean, its all so irrelevant. None of it makes a difference. Win, lose, its all the same. Iits just an opiate of the masses to distract us from what realy matters. Our society, our community, our family and our future. ITs a perfect example of inverted totalitarianism. We invest so much energy in this and we cant possibly make any difference. If we invested this much energy into each other, into creating understanding and mending fences, we would be far better off for it.

Somebody's wearing their fedora today.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Word, bro. Slong as we try to instill our energy and dedication in other areas of our lives like we do for the Sens, at least we doing well.

If not, it's just a complete waste of our lives and time. Lately(hard for playoffs cause my phone blows up everytime MTL scores) I try and wait until game is almost over then skip commericals and whatnot so I compress a 2.5 hour waste to a 1.2 hour instead. Hockey is amazing and a great piece of my life but we gotta make sure it isn't the focal point to our purpose and happiness.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Word, bro. Slong as we try to instill our energy and dedication in other areas of our lives like we do for the Sens, at least we doing well.

If not, it's just a complete waste of our lives and time. Lately(hard for playoffs cause my phone blows up everytime MTL scores) I try and wait until game is almost over then skip commericals and whatnot so I compress a 2.5 hour waste to a 1.2 hour instead. Hockey is amazing and a great piece of my life but we gotta make sure it isn't the focal point to our purpose and happiness.

Yeah, I do this too. After yesterday's game, I also felt like I wasted time. I listened to the game on the radio at work / on the bus home. Got home to catch the 3rd. Was ok. Caught maybe 10 minutes of game time and 20 minutes of commercials. Then 15 minutes of commercials / idiots rambling, then 5 minutes of hockey (? or however long until MTL scored) and 5 minutes of commercials, and then I turned off the TV.

So I got 15 minutes of hockey in the span of almost an hour. Kind of stupid.

Lehnsanity

Oct 10, 2012
Ottawa

pfft... god damn casual's :shakehead

Hockey is life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad