Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
The P is for Playoffs!
Or something.

Couple points of order:

Warning to ALL VISITING FAN BASES (particularly those up on the 417)

Be respectful as you are on the SENATORS forum. If you are rude or abrasive, you will be removed from this thread and dealt with accordingly as per site rules. Don't like it? Tough.

Senators fans, those who visit our board and wish to discuss hockey rationally will be treated with respect. Do not be rude to them either. That will also result in actions by the moderators.

Additionally please recall from site rules
6) No Disclosure of Personal Information: Do not disclose any other member's email, real name, address, phone number, IP address, or other personal information. Do not disclose emails, private messages, infractions, warnings, bans or other site discipline on the open forum.

17) Moderator Abuse (Attacking/Disobeying the moderators): If you disagree with something the moderators did, fine, disagree and let us know, but do it politely through PM or email ONLY. Complaining on the forums is not permitted. If your thread or post was moved/closed/removed there was a good reason for it. Do not start a new one. Attacking or flaming a moderator via PM is subject to a Moderator Abuse infraction. Be respectful and considerate. Profanity and abusive conduct isn't tolerated.

Let the series begin.
-- Your friendly neighbourhood Sens mods

Schedule:
GAME 1: at MTL
Wed Apr 15, 7:00 PM ET >
GAME 2: at MTL
Fri Apr 17, 7:00 PM ET ›
GAME 3: at OTT
Sun Apr 19, 7:00 PM ET ›
GAME 4: at OTT
Wed Apr 22, 7:00 PM ET ›
GAME 5: at MTL
Fri Apr 24, TBD * ›
GAME 6: at OTT
Sun Apr 26, TBD * ›
GAME 7: at MTL
Tue Apr 28, TBD * ›​

Last edited:

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa
ITS ALMOST TOMORROW!

tumblr_inline_mzbdnu3Zrx1qlxe68.gif

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Honestly, if we can win game 1, this series could be over quick....at least that's what the optimist in me believes.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Sorry L'avvy... thought the thread was slow enough to move on at that point :/

I forgive you. ;)

It was just a long overwrought rant anyway.

I will say this though, I'm kinda tired of hearing from Mtl media how we've burned all our energy and momentum trying to snag the wildcard spot and will probably sputter out in the playoffs.

We all know the boys can still take it to any team right now, playoffs or not. Positive vibes go a long way in carrying a team through the post-season, and we're too young a team to be overly tired at this point (Ryan exempted).

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
We all know the boys can still take it to any team right now, playoffs or not. Positive vibes go a long way in carrying a team through the post-season, and we're too young a team to be overly tired at this point (Ryan exempted).

I feel like with over half a week off and renewed energy for the playoffs makes me think Ryan will score within 10 minutes of the first.

Berserker*

It sounds like Neil is going to be a health scratch for game 1. Personally I am not convinced that this is the correct strategy/ Neil brings so much needed physicality and energy to the lineup and his style of play if perfect for the playoffs. He was also a key player the last playoff series against the Habs and my guess is that he becomes a key player again when inserted back into the lineup.

I would be interested in hearing Cameron's rationale on this decision. Certainly with the amount of games Neil has missed, it might take him a while to get back up to speed in which case there is strong merit for this decision. If it is based off of our winning streak then it is starting to enter the territory of purely superstitious thinking. Even throughout the winning/point streak the sens have struggled to play with enough energy throughout the full 60 minutes in games and have also struggled to regain momentum when it is lost. They have relied to heavily on the superb play of Hammond to keep them in games and on a few players (primarily Stone, but also Turris, Karlsson and Pageau) to provide clutch offensive performances to help get them to OT or win them games. Overall our 4th line has been pretty mediocre throughout that stretch and as a result it would make sense to try to improve that aspect going into the playoffs. On top of that inserting Neil would help us to gain an advantage physically over the Habs which is most likely our best chance to try to win this series. By relying on our speed rather than our physicality we are playing to Montreal's strength. This appears to be detrimental from a strategic standpoint.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
So i was removed from the habs board thread for calling the guy that said that stuff about Reid a classy son of a gun.

Those Habs mods really do go overboard don't they? lol

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
So... uhh...

... so do we close the PGT now that the GDT is up? Shortest pre-game thread of all time?

It'll also be a post game thread... ;)
Basically while we have an active GDT - this will be closed. When GDTs cool down, we go back here.

Othello*

Invisible:
Ryan
Hoffman
Chiasson

Awful:
Gryba
Ceci x10
Legwand x100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad