OT: Montreal Alouettes Thread Part 2

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
What's the expression? "Offense brings you to the playoffs, but Defense wins championships?"

That doesn't apply to Montreal. Defence wins it all season long and in the playoffs. We scored more with Evan's QB than Fajardo.

Fajardo had another Fajardo game; between 150 and 200 passing yards, touchdown pass and an interception -- very blah.

However, everyone contributed to this win.

GO ALS GO for a Grey Cup!!!

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
I still had my doubts about Thorpe's defense and wanted to see them dominate against an actual good team before anointing them -- mission accomplished, they really impressed me yesterday. To be fair, they kept getting better as the season progressed and adding guys like Lemon and Sankey was huge so props to Maciocia (who I've criticized a lot) for that.

Fajardo and the o-line still scare me to death and the Bombers are no joke but who knows, it's one game -- everything is possible at this point. After 13 frustrating years we're finally back where we belong, Go Als!

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I be watching Grey Cup. For first time since 2010. I haven't watched a CFL since then. But I was once hard core Alouettes fan. Johnny Rodgers, Sonny Wade, Dickie Harris, era.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Definitely....Fajardo is pretty craptastic....but we will need him. The defence (and special teams) can't do everything.

It's sad that this team hasn't been able to find a decent quarterback since Anthony Calvillo.

It is. We've had some glimpses here and there, but in the end, the quarterback who gave us those glimpses ended up not being the solution long term.

The credit I'll give the offense against the Argos is that when it mattered most, the offense had a very effective drive that ran the clock in the 4th quarter that ended up with Antwi's TD. And they capitalized on an interception to score a TD with Snead.

Reactions: FrankMTL

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
It is. We've had some glimpses here and there, but in the end, the quarterback who gave us those glimpses ended up not being the solution long term.

The credit I'll give the offense against the Argos is that when it mattered most, the offense had a very effective drive that ran the clock in the 4th quarter that ended up with Antwi's TD. And they capitalized on an interception to score a TD with Snead.

I agree, they managed to score when we most needed it and most importantly, they didn't turn over the ball very much.

Fajardo drives me nuts when he's stuck in the pocket and being closed in on.....This guy can't scramble at all. He's like a sitting duck. However, when there are plays where it opens up and he can carry the ball himself, he runs decently..

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
As far as I can see Fajardo just stare at one receiver the entire time he is in the pocket. Does he ever scan the field?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I agree, they managed to score when we most needed it and most importantly, they didn't turn over the ball very much.

Fajardo drives me nuts when he's stuck in the pocket and being closed in on.....This guy can't scramble at all. He's like a sitting duck. However, when there are plays where it opens up and he can carry the ball himself, he runs decently..

I agree that Fajardo isn't someone who gives us the kind of confidence that we know he will be consistent. I do also blame the OL who do fail to protect him at times. There are also times he just takes forever and that's when he gets sacked. He has been the most sacked QB in the league this past year.

Reactions: FrankMTL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad