GDT: Montrööö

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
He’s had one month with Nestrasil and Nordstrom. A handful of games mixed in over the years, mostly against the penguins.

I’m glad he’s going now, he’s playing like the guy we’ve always needed him to be. We’ll need him to keep it up.

After what he’s been the last five years I’d pack his bags for him in a trade the second the season ends. I was generally “done” with him a few years ago. He doesn’t play like this nearly enough. I don’t really care right now because we’re about to make the playoffs for the first time in ten years. I’m just not going to break my hand slapping him congrats on the back.

Just be that guy for the next month or so man.

It’s almost like playing with guys who aren’t terrible not against the opponents best players every shift is beneficial.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Nothing I just wanted to tell you, that you don’t know what NOISE really is until you have been to both hockey-relevant continents.

I assumed you were referring to soccer what with the use of the word "match". When I lived in Belgium I saw no references to hockey whatsoever. It was all English soccer hooligans in their dumb looking jerseys singing their songs at pubs.

Anyway, my ears are still ringing. Not as loud as a Ministry concert circa 1996, but loud enough.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
It’s almost like playing with guys who aren’t terrible not against the opponents best players every shift is beneficial.
If we’re going to paint his entire career here with one sweeping brush it isn’t the worst argument, it just doesn’t seem strong enough to cover it all. We’ve all seen his version of beast mode. He’s trying to be that guy right now, and we know know what it looks like when he doesn’t. That’s all separate of linemates. Also if it’s the quality of the linemates there’s a strong argument that they’d do it pretty well without him. Don’t know if I’m seeing magic chemistry there.

Again, with things going like they are I don’t really care. It’s working. Much like Rod’s coaching vs the goaltending being the reason, I don’t care if it’s beast mode vs linemates or both. We’re winning. Im celebrating all these guys, I cringe a little at some of the individual love but not enough to really care.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

I don't think it's just QoC.

Before he was hurt, Jordan was averaging 19:40 TOI, 19:53 if you don't count that least PIT game where he only played 13:14.

Since he came back from the concussion, Jordan has averaged 15:49 TOI, and last night was the first time he went over 19 minutes in a game since returning.

Taking some time off his shoulders gives him more of an opportunity to play all-out on the remaining minutes. I think the QoC also factors into it because he is getting minutes against someone other than top lines in shutdown mode, but don't overlook that he's playing fewer minutes.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
giphy.gif

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I don't think it's just QoC.

Before he was hurt, Jordan was averaging 19:40 TOI, 19:53 if you don't count that least PIT game where he only played 13:14.

Since he came back from the concussion, Jordan has averaged 15:49 TOI, and last night was the first time he went over 19 minutes in a game since returning.

Taking some time off his shoulders gives him more of an opportunity to play all-out on the remaining minutes. I think the QoC also factors into it because he is getting minutes against someone other than top lines in shutdown mode, but don't overlook that he's playing fewer minutes.

Jordo has been my whipping boy because he isn't RBA...basically.

That said I commented earlier his fitness doesn't seem as good as some guys bc it seems like he starts the seasons strong then by game 20ish he loses that beast mode. Would be interested to see his PPG over 20 game splits but it seems like he should take his cardio more seriously.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Was able to drive down from DC (thanks to the great ticket promotion) and watch the game at @ PNC (still cheaper with travel etc than trying to watch the the Canes play the Caps in DC!!!! lol). Was completely worth the drive! The canes haven't been this exciting since I first moved down here for school. So great to see the crowd so alive!). Had the time of my life!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad