Monthly News Thread (September 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Booker just loses it and starts yelling jibberish. At one point a few weeks ago i had to rewind just to try to pick out what he said. He's legit the worst...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Saxton is fine, he could be better if they let him be. Booker isn't good, but Otunga is way worse. At no point in Otunga's commentary did he ever sound like an actual commentator and just rehashed whatever he was being yelled at to say. Consider how much they're forcing themselves to get younger and hipper on commentary, yet they've put Otunga in mothballs

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Lince Dorado tweeted Sami Callahan asking about a booking. possibly released?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Where the hell did this "Saxton is bad" thing come from? He's so far from bad when being compared to Booker or Otunga. He's a fine commentator.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Where the hell did this "Saxton is bad" thing come from? He's so far from bad when being compared to Booker or Otunga. He's a fine commentator.

yeah im surprised. im not like a huge Saxtron fan but Otunga is another level of bad

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
And Saxton isn't even bad. He's a fine third wheel and can be a decent colour guy if needed. Plus, he has good chemistry with both, Graves and Phillips.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I always thought Saxton was hilarious in his semi dorky role. I've been Team Saxton for awhile, although I will always yearn for when commentary was good like the ole days where they told stories and had witty banter.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Saxton being considered fine is what's wrong with commentators these days. The standards have been lowered so much that he is actually being considered fine. Saxton may no longer be the worst announcer on the roster but he is still a terrible announcer because he doesn't actually appeal to any segment of the audience and he doesn't do a good job putting talent over.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I don't think Saxton is bad, but he just comes off like a 10-year old mark sometimes, of course that's probably because Vince is feeding him most of those lines.

He's not the best but he's not Otunga bad either. Booker T is on a completely different planet to me, he's awful at his job but at least he says the most outrageous things that make his commentary worth it

Otunga is probably the worst commentator I've ever heard and that's saying something considering I used to listen to Matt Striker when I kept up with Lucha Underground

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think Saxton is bad, but he just comes off like a 10-year old mark sometimes, of course that's probably because Vince is feeding him most of those lines.

He's not the best but he's not Otunga bad either. Booker T is on a completely different planet to me, he's awful at his job but at least he says the most outrageous things that make his commentary worth it

Otunga is probably the worst commentator I've ever heard and that's saying something considering I used to listen to Matt Striker when I kept up with Lucha Underground

He is supposed to come off as a 10-year old mark though. Vince and Dunn's idea for commentary is play by play who calls it down the middle with one heel and one face.

Otunga was doing the same gimmick as Saxton but was way worse at it. Saxton has a sort of child like ignorance as a mark that it sort of works, while Otunga just comes off as an insufferable *****.

Saxton works best with Graves because of how much his mark persona annoys Corey.

The much bigger problems on commentary is how awful Cole is, and absolutely random and terrible Booker is.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Nikki Bella confirmed for Dancing with the Stars*

*Stars being a loose term

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Saxton being considered fine is what's wrong with commentators these days. The standards have been lowered so much that he is actually being considered fine. Saxton may no longer be the worst announcer on the roster but he is still a terrible announcer because he doesn't actually appeal to any segment of the audience and he doesn't do a good job putting talent over.
He is fine. He's nothing close to good, and no one is claiming that he is, but he's not a negative on a show like Otunga was.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He is fine. He's nothing close to good, and no one is claiming that he is, but he's not a negative on a show like Otunga was.

I disagree that he is fine because he doesn't do anything to entertain or put talent over. Neither does Otunga. The only reason why he is even seen as fine is because he's not the worst on the main roster anymore with guys like Booker T and David Otunga embarrassing themselves and the company with their commentary. Saxton is completely useless as a color guy and he's only there for one reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad