Monthly News Thread (September 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's not easy to just 'go up to Vince.' People talk all the time about how they're petrified. Jericho just came out and said something about how he knows never to pitch an idea to Vince while he's hungry. It works for the Shield because Vince has something to lose, and for the New Day who at the time had nothing to lose. These girls have way more to lose if they go to Vince and say the wrong thing at the wrong time, he is notorious for that. For the women, there's always another good looking girl right behind you. And right now he's clearly more concerned with pushing all the total divas girls, all 4 of them are stuck biding their time right now until Vince gets over it. Way different animal than it is with the guys.

Bayley said the same thing to Austin, she feels directionless and her character is lost. Where is Becky right now? Could have to do with them having no idea how to book faces, wait for the same thing to happen to Alexa, who when she drops the title to Nia Jax and Asuka takes her place, will then become useless since the girls are lucky to get more than one segment on Raw, and when they get two, they're just squashing Emma.

Bringing this over here.

There's still no reason to NOT talk to Vince and be scared of him.

Dean Ambrose - always talks to Vince and usually gets his way (thumbtacks story).

Chris Jericho - got in his face, played his hand, bet on himself and Vince loves him.

Jinder Mahal - always talks to Vince and gets tips.

James Ellsworth - always sought Vince's opinion whenever he'd go back through the curtain.

Kofi Kingston - literally fought Vince and wrestled him to the ground to stand up for himself and Vince loves Kofi now.

CM Punk - always stood up for himself and wasn't afraid to tell Vince if something was stupid. They would text each other in the middle of the night.

among others. You have to talk to him. You have to bet on yourself no matter what position you're in.

Edge himself on the podcast today said if he had to give a piece of advice, it's talk to Vince and build that relationship. Vince needs to know who he's investing in and he only finds that out when he actually gets to talk to you.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Bringing this over here.

Dean Ambrose - always talks to Vince and usually gets his way (thumbtacks story).

Chris Jericho - got in his face, played his hand, bet on himself and Vince loves him.

James Ellsworth - always sought Vince's opinion whenever he'd go back through the curtain.

Kofi Kingston - literally fought Vince and wrestled him to the ground to stand up for himself and Vince loves Kofi now.

CM Punk - always stood up for himself and wasn't afraid to tell Vince if something was stupid. They would text each other in the middle of the night.

among others. You have to talk to him. You have to bet on yourself no matter what position you're in.

Edge himself on the podcast today said if he had to give a piece of advice, it's talk to Vince and build that relationship. Vince needs to know who he's investing in and he only finds that out when he actually gets to talk to you.

All guys from the Shield have a pretty established history of telling Vince what they think...perhaps more notably as a unit. If WWE had their way and Seth/Dean/Roman didn't talk to Vince we would've got the break up much earlier.

That said...as sad as it is to say...I imagine it's 100x more difficult for a woman to try and get through to Vince. I wouldn't be shocked if he only really cares about Charlotte and that's simply a respect for Ric thing.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
All guys from the Shield have a pretty established history of telling Vince what they think...perhaps more notably as a unit. If WWE had their way and Seth/Dean/Roman didn't talk to Vince we would've got the break up much earlier.

That said...as sad as it is to say...I imagine it's 100x more difficult for a woman to try and get through to Vince. I wouldn't be shocked if he only really cares about Charlotte and that's simply a respect for Ric thing.

If The Shield never talked to Vince Cena would have gone over them at Elimination Chamber in 2014. Vince told them the plan and they were like "no. We're not doing that." And then they went over.

New Day, too.

The Usos talked about it on the podcast with Edge and Christian now too.

The women still have to bet on themselves, imo. It may be harder, but you have to bet on yourself and show Vince why he should invest in you.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
And we were tired of seeing it. Surprising how long it took people to come around on heel Usos. They're absolutely killing it.

Even back at Wrestlemania season they were killing it with their short mic time and people were still cold on them on this board. It was nuts. I felt like I was on an island like "what the ****, these guys are SO good."

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Bringing this over here.

Makes sense to me. If Vince is going to bet his (close to) billion dollar company on you, you bet he needs to know who you are.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Makes sense to me. If Vince is going to bet his (close to) billion dollar company on you, you bet he needs to know who you are.

He's put the championship on her 4 times, the main event of a pay per view, and the main event of Raw a number of times. She isn't an unknown to him.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He's put the championship on her 4 times, the main event of a pay per view, and the main event of Raw a number of times. She isn't an unknown to him.

And her longest reign with it is 27 days. Even she knows that's nothing to brag about and just hurts her and her character.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And her longest reign with it is 27 days. Even she knows that's nothing to brag about and just hurts her and her character.

He also changed the finish right before dropping the title two times (thus there were bad finishes). It's the complaint everyone has about Vince, he's changes his mind all the time, and nobody knows what he's going to do.

At SummerSlam 2016, she may have been injured. They didn't even know. She just told them she was sore one day and would be fine, and when they checked her out after they changed the finish and dropped the title, it turned out she was right.

At Hell in a Cell - in Boston - they had Hunter and their head writer (I forget his name) begging Vince to put Sasha and Charlotte in the main event, went with it, then changed his mind on the finish the day of the show (with some rumors of the change being decided within 2 hours of the show starting) and blamed the writer for it falling flat. And then the writer was fired. It was a complete **** show. What do you expect her to do in that scenario?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

"After much consideration, I will be stepping back my weekly role as Smackdown Announcer to dedicate more continuous time on the work I have done since 2010 with at risk kids and communities. My new schedule will allow me to continue to be a part of the WWE family and also continue my work that I feel is the most important thing in my life. I will continue my 20+ year relationship with WWE and will appear on such marquee shows as Tribute to the Troops, WrestleMania, amongst others.

"With the help of Beyond Sport, I founded Beyond Rugby Bermuda in 2010--which has been recognized as one of the world's best charities for work with at risk, gang focused, youth intervention. Beyond Rugby Bermuda won the 2014 NACRA Fair Play Award out of 7,000 programs and 17 countries for its work with at risk kids. I was named as a Beyond Sport Global Ambassador--an organization backed by all major sports leagues in the U.S.

"I'm proud to say that in addition to being Smackdown's longest reigning WWE Champion, I inspired WWE's Tribute to the Troops over 10 years ago. WWE has been my partner in all my philanthropic works and this new deal with WWE ensures that will continue. WWE has made my dreams come true and helped me become a global name. And now, WWE is helping me use that name to make a difference."

(Putting it in an actual quote tag kills the capitalisation, which makes it's awkward to read.)

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Shame, the last true "heel colour guy"...but then again that phase in wrestling appears to be dead, so it's probably time. I wish him the best in his charity work

Now just don't fill his spot with Booker T....

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Corbin's heat may stem from a meeting held by Dr. Maroon regarding concussions and CTE and how Corbin would constantly speak up and refute most of what Maroon and the other doctors would say because he's a former football player. A lot of top execs were in the room. Corbin's interruptions lead to the doctors losing track during the presentation, and it was described as "awkward" due to Corbin.

They don't care about the twitter stuff.

This is from Mike Johnson (PWInsider). He claims four different people (wrestlers) have told him something along these lines. Corbin essentially **** on everything Maroon (also the head of the wellness policy) was saying.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they've got four actual wrestlers leaking that info, that also means he probably doesn't have many friends in the locker room, and that'll hurt him eventually. People may be enemies in there, and always have, but it can't be everybody.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess it depends where he stands, and if he's right, he'll have more support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad