Monthly News Thread (September 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Its not exclusive to WWE. It comes with fame what should be done?
Nothing can be done. Still don't support the "ah get over it ur famous" rebuttal.

Sasha is speaking out about something she sees as an issue. Telling her to pretty much suck it up or get another job is just weak.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I know Sasha has also said that both she and her now husband, Sarath Ton, got harassed pretty hard by some over their relationship.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...ath-Ton-Wrestlemania-33-Wrestling-Garcia-Boss

Speaking to Garcia, Sasha said: "You’re the first one I’ve admitted it to. I am married. I just hide it because our fans are so crazy sometimes, you know?

"I just think fans are just so crazy. I see what they write to him on Twitter, and I don’t like that stuff

"If you’re saying he’s ugly, or he shouldn’t be with me because of this or that, that hurts me, you know?"

Sasha and Sarath are not the only WWE couple targeted by obsessive wrestling fans.

Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose and TV host girlfriend Renee Young revealed struggles with "stalking" and "death threats".

Sasha said: "I just don’t like that he reads that every day, you know what I mean? And he’s such an amazing person.”

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They heard it on their anniversary something fierce.

And Sasha specifically hears it herself. I was in the section right next to where Becky, Bayley and Sasha were for the Asuka/Ember match and she had all kinds of crap yelled at her by obsessive people. Becky and Bayley pretty much were left alone. Handlers were way more protective of them as well.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, the guys calling airlines and hotels to follow wrestlers are total creeps. I wouldn't sign anything for them.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Commentary updates form WWE:

Graves is going to be doing both Raw and Smackdown, with McGuinness taking over from him on 205 and Main Event. So the new teams are:

Raw - Cole, Graves, Booker
Smackdown - Phillips, Graves, Saxton
205 & Main Event -Joseph, McGuinness

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Nigel seems to be playing into the ROH storyline on NXT, so I don't think he's leaving that post. Unless they're going to have Steve Corino come in.

Which they actually probably should.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Nigel seems to be playing into the ROH storyline on NXT, so I don't think he's leaving that post. Unless they're going to have Steve Corino come in.

Which they actually probably should.
I can't see him leaving NXT until he's given a Raw or Smackdown position at least. And even then he'll probably hang around if the story requires it as the workload is very minimal.

But I'm not sure Corino wants to do commentary for him to be an option anyway.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Wrestling is weird.

Sasha openly complained on Sam Roberts' podcast about airport stalkers arriving at 5am to get autographs and calling airports beforehand to see when she (and other superstars) would fly in or get home after a loop.

Randy, Breeze, Big E, Seth, Jericho, etc. have talked about the same thing in the past, but now that Sasha talks about it, there's a big fuss about it and Bubba tweets about how "you should worry if no one is waiting at 5am for you". wtf

Hey CM Punk talked about them in the pipe bomb promo.

But seriously, the fact she's a woman does make a difference. A huge one.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Graves doing both shows makes me happy.

I actually really enjoyed Tom, Graves and Saxton together for NXT so i'm happy to have them back together and Corey basically calling every match for every PPV is also nice :laugh:

edit: also we get the Corey KINSHASAAAAAAAAAAAA again

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I actually really enjoyed Tom, Graves and Saxton together for NXT so i'm happy to have them back together and Corey basically calling every match for every PPV is also nice :laugh:

edit: also we get the Corey KINSHASAAAAAAAAAAAA again

I actually think they need him on there to put the move over. Get people in the audience to start yelling it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
More on Corbin vs. Maroon heat:

Maroon was talking about how football players were diagnosed with CTE after they died, and he reportedly tried to downplay it. Corbin expressed his opinion and argued that there would be some form of head trauma due to the size of these guys and the speed at which they crack their helmets against each other. Remember, he's a former NFL player.

Corbin stated that he's a part of the concussion lawsuit against the NFL and knew Maroon was against CTE, which lead to Maroon stating that part of the film depicted him wrong.

Maroon tried to argue that while he agreed with Corbin's general stance, it doesn't mean he believes 99% of NFL players have CTE, which lead to Corbin and Maroon going back and forth.

Those in the meeting described it to PWInsider as "awkward," "time standing still" and a moment that lead to awkward laughter. Another source said it wasn't a case of Corbin being belligerent, but rather expressing his opinions at the wrong time and setting. The same source believes Corbin would have been better suited pulling Maroon to the side to express his opinion.

A few wrestlers were impressed by Corbin speaking up because it's not something that usually happens in those meetings when management is present as well.

Without the details I thought he was being a dick, but it seems like Corbin is completely in the right in general with his opinion whether it was the right time or not to speak up. Good on him.

Honestly glad he did it in front of everyone too. You can't -- as a doctor -- lie about CTE to a bunch of guys who throw their body around for a living.

In the grand scheme of things, Corbin essentially sacrificed a guaranteed title reign to protect his co-workers from a doctor who continues to try and downplay CTE.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I didn't realize her was part of the concussion lawsuit

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
To be fair here, the study that made the rounds a short while ago is very meaningless.

It's one that say that in 99% of the cases where a person had issues, they had CTE. It doesn't tell you anything about the players who never had any issues and the states of their brains. That's a massive detail that people really need to understand before they say anything.

From reading that, it sounds like Corbin didn't understand that.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
To be fair here, the study that made the rounds a short while ago is very meaningless.

It's one that say that in 99% of the cases where a person had issues, they had CTE. It doesn't tell you anything about the players who never had any issues and the states of their brains. That's a massive detail that people really need to understand before they say anything.

From reading that, it sounds like Corbin didn't understand that.

Corbin, as a part of the lawsuit against the NFL, has access to a lot more info than we do. More than Maroon would even lead on would be my guess considering the lawsuit and all.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Corbin, as a part of the lawsuit against the NFL, has access to a lot more info than we do. More than Maroon would even lead on would be my guess considering the lawsuit and all.
He'll have better access to details to the actual case, but probably not to the (lack of) science. The 99% comment just makes me think that it's recent study being mentioned.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I both like and hate that graves will be doing both weekly shows now. I kinda feel like having him on only one show makes him exclusive and a small reason worth tuning into that show and while its great that he's on both shows i feel like he will wear out much quicker hearing him twice a week. (and i'd feel the same way with 205 live but you know, who actually watches that? lul)

The sasha and renee relationship thing is weird as hell too because its the complete opposite to each other. Idiots harass sasha's husband for being too ugly for her while renee gets harassed for being a **** / not good enough for dean when i think even dean will admit shes the looker in the relationship.

People are just ****ing crazy man.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
It's all the same thing, creepy people hate the "person standing in their way". You can bet none of them are lookers.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
As bad as JBL is he was way way better than booker T who might be the worst announcer I've heard in a long time, he rambles about stupid things and often contradicts himself within 5 mins. Yes I even like Otunga more at least he doesn't yell like a mad man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad