Monthly News Thread (November 2018)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
WWE has changed course and is now restricting top NXT UK stars from appearing for other promotions. It won’t be all wrestlers but the top names. They apparently got updated contracts which also included raises.

Oct 18, 2011
Yeah they’re definitely building to it. If not for WM, then Summerslam.

I dunno what they’d do at WM, whether Becky vs. Ronda, Becky vs. Ronda vs. Charlotte, or Becky/Charlotte vs. Ronda/Shayna before the two others from each side got involved.

I’m still a firm believer that Ronda vs. Becky should headline.
Becky and Charlotte vs Ronda and Shayna makes sense

Bayley and Sasha are after thoughts as are the other two mma girls

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Shayna' age is going to become a factor, closing in on 40. Plus Ronnie might also want to start a family, even though she has liked the wrestling experience so far more than she thought she would. I think Summerslam might be the right time, gives those other two time to train and perhaps change Sasha's and Bayley's characters towards more in line with Becky and Charlotte. They really should go full ECW style on some opponents (preferably Nia and Tamina), just screw the result and beat the hell out of them with kendo sticks and chairs.

This was Shafir and Duke at NXT Live Event last month:

YES PLEASE

Bailey needs a change asap. Would love to see her finally have an edge to her character.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Bayley is the gateway for young girls. I dont see them changing her character while that is still the case. sometimes marketing comes before booking

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Bayley is the gateway for young girls. I dont see them changing her character while that is still the case. sometimes marketing comes before booking

1543125502-John-Cena-wwe.jpg

Ain't that the truth. :facepalm:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Strowman may miss TLC and if he does, the plan will be a six-man tag TLC match to replace Corbin vs. Strowman.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
CM Punk commented on today’s WWE and said how it’s amazing that the more time the show gets, the less characters develop.

He also said that he’d listen to a real offer if it was made to him (not referencing WWE, this comment was while talking about Cody/Bucks/All In)

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

Does anyone remember the episode of The LAW about two or three years ago (it may have been after the Takeover in Brooklyn where Bayley beat Sasha) where the whole opening to the show was those guys just gushing about how Bayley was going to be the female John Cena and kids were going to be begging their parents to buy tickets to see her and get her merch and she was going to have a new shirt every month and she was going to propel the women's roster to equal status as the men?

Yeeeah......

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Does anyone remember the episode of The LAW about two or three years ago (it may have been after the Takeover in Brooklyn where Bayley beat Sasha) where the whole opening to the show was those guys just gushing about how Bayley was going to be the female John Cena and kids were going to be begging their parents to buy tickets to see her and get her merch and she was going to have a new shirt every month and she was going to propel the women's roster to equal status as the men?

Yeeeah......

There were posters here who felt the same.

I never saw it. She was good with small, intimate crowds. Stadium crowds don’t care

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Edge just announced on IG his mom passed away today. :(

Anyone who followed him knows how important she was to him, both him and Christian talked about it at the HOF speech.

RIP

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

I never saw it. She was good with small, intimate crowds. Stadium crowds don’t care
The potential was there, but she got WWE'd hard.

Large arenas are different, but you can't put any blame there when the basics were ignored right form the start.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

There are a couple issues here. First, NXT ruins all this. Mainly because it's so better booked than the main roster that yes, once these larger than life creations come up they are mishandled. Bayley in reality should come up to the main roster and theoretically struggle like a prospect from the AHL coming to the NHL would. She should be introduced as the weird fangirl she was in NXT when she started and built from there. Because a lot of people don't watch NXT and don't know she is. She became a thing in NXT because of her journey. When you throw her out on RAW with Mick Foley hyping her and immediately into a feud with Charlotte on her first night, you jump to the last chapters of her story. Someone like Becky was helped in her main roster transition by not being a major player on NXT but a secondary character to Charlotte and Sasha and even Summer Rae. Her character wasn't defined and it allowed them to write it as it went along. Some of that wasn't good, but it didn't kill her and eventually it panned out.

Next, Vince McMahon cannot create female super heroes. He can make Hogan and Cena and all that but he just doesn't buy into the little girls can love wrestling too thing. WWF/E has never successfully modeled that character for young girls. Elizabeth was an untouchable beauty. Sunny/Sable/Trish were all bombshells. Lita was close, but she was more for teenage girls and I still think a lot of that had to do with pairing her with the Hardyz. I always thought Molly Holly in her cousin gimmick could have gotten there but they turned her prude heel. AJ Lee definitely could have done it but they made her crazy (to be fair she pushed for that) and then slutty (crazy and slutty are the only two characters Vince's mindset can fall back on) and then eventually she became female CM Punk pipe bombing the divas before she left.

I forgot what else I was gonna say, but in reality this should be a layup to make someone like Bayley that type of superstar but maybe her promos are just so meh it kills her.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
There are a couple issues here. First, NXT ruins all this. Mainly because it's so better booked than the main roster that yes, once these larger than life creations come up they are mishandled. Bayley in reality should come up to the main roster and theoretically struggle like a prospect from the AHL coming to the NHL would. She should be introduced as the weird fangirl she was in NXT when she started and built from there. Because a lot of people don't watch NXT and don't know she is. She became a thing in NXT because of her journey. When you throw her out on RAW with Mick Foley hyping her and immediately into a feud with Charlotte on her first night, you jump to the last chapters of her story. Someone like Becky was helped in her main roster transition by not being a major player on NXT but a secondary character to Charlotte and Sasha and even Summer Rae. Her character wasn't defined and it allowed them to write it as it went along. Some of that wasn't good, but it didn't kill her and eventually it panned out.

Next, Vince McMahon cannot create female super heroes. He can make Hogan and Cena and all that but he just doesn't buy into the little girls can love wrestling too thing. WWF/E has never successfully modeled that character for young girls. Elizabeth was an untouchable beauty. Sunny/Sable/Trish were all bombshells. Lita was close, but she was more for teenage girls and I still think a lot of that had to do with pairing her with the Hardyz. I always thought Molly Holly in her cousin gimmick could have gotten there but they turned her prude heel. AJ Lee definitely could have done it but they made her crazy (to be fair she pushed for that) and then ****ty (crazy and ****ty are the only two characters Vince's mindset can fall back on) and then eventually she became female CM Punk pipe bombing the divas before she left.

I forgot what else I was gonna say, but in reality this should be a layup to make someone like Bayley that type of superstar but maybe her promos are just so meh it kills her.

I think some people also got carried away with the whole thing of the British crowds making up a singsong chant (that "Ooh! Aah!" thing) for her, thinking that was a HUGE deal.

We then later learned that they do that for damn near EVERYBODY, even worthless lumps like Big Cass.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
we got carried away because she was putting amazing matches with Sasha in nxt. i still like her but booking is booking.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Despite rumours of a gimmick “refresh” apparently Bray Wyatt didn’t appear on RAW last night because creative has nothing planned for him.

Rumours going around that the curb stomp is going to be banned again. I guess someone else decided they don't like it. :help:

FWIW, Seth Rollins denied this on Twitter.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Despite rumours of a gimmick “refresh” apparently Bray Wyatt didn’t appear on RAW last night because creative has nothing planned for him.

FWIW, Seth Rollins denied this on Twitter.

The photos from the event where he took out Corbin, showed little in the way of a "refresh".....looked like the same Wyatt character we've seen before. Which is fine by me.....I don't think the character is the issue. He's phenomenal on the mic and can put on a good match as well. But Creative just fails, time and time again, to book him properly.

As for Seth, I hope you're right and he can keep using it. Maybe just rename it or something, like Cena had to do with the S-T-F-U. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad