Monthly News Thread (November 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Per PWI, Impact Wrestling is now giving all wrestlers all the names and intellectual property of their characters.

Meaning if EC3 for example didnt renew his contract and went to WWE, he’d be able to use his name, and keep all his slogans, logos etc.

This all comes after the lengthy and public fight with the Hardy’s over the Broken Universe, that Impact apparently backed down from last week.

It’s said Impact made this move to try and open things up between them and the wrestlers.It also helps them create the look that they are trying to foster talents, and not control them.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Observer is saying that Brock may work a non-title match at the Rumble as they feel there’s no one “ready” to challenge for the title.

lirl, they literally think Roman is the only person able to challenge Brock.

Pathetic

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
WWE formula:

-Make 3 wrestlers on the entire roster look truly strong, 2 of whom are part timers

-Make everybody cut awful scripted promos

-Wonder why nobody is over enough to face Brock (if possible, ignore obvious overness of wrestler(s) who are too small and/or Irish)

Reactions: Emperoreddy

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
WWE formula:

-Make 3 wrestlers on the entire roster look truly strong, 2 of whom are part timers

-Make everybody cut awful scripted promos

-Wonder why nobody is over enough to face Brock (if possible, ignore obvious overness of wrestler(s) who are too small and/or Irish)

Amen. So many chances over the last 10 years to make legit stars people would want to see. Rusev, Wyatt, mid-card star in Ryder, Daniel Bryan, Ambrose, Rollins, CM Punk, Wade Barrett, Balor, Owens, Zayn, Miz, etc, factions left/right. They had so many chances to create a new era with big time stars. And they dropped the ball soooooo big. Hell even in women's wrestling. Then they wonder why nobody can challenge. Hell even AJ Styles could have been made into a Cena-like character if they protected him.

I hear so many stories of the 80s/90s on the importance of protecting characters and how hard wrestlers fought for it. Imagine Bret Hart just getting steamrolled each week by big guys like kamala or other worthless big guys. Hell Bret didn't even want to make his character weak by losing to HBK - a star. :laugh: It would diminish their value. That's why there are so many empty seats. You basically told me the only guys worth seeing are Cena, Lesnar, HHH, Shane, and Roman Reigns. Credit to Cena for TRYING to put people over, but a bit too late. So out of those 5 guys, only 1 wrestles on a nightly basis.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He was the main composer of entrance themes before CFO

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lio Rush removed everything WWE related info from his bio thing on twitter.

So many superstars do this at different times, and it turns out to be nothing. In fact, PWI confirmed this morning that Lio Rush has't been released.

Could he be released? Yes
Will he be released? Likely

But I'm almost certain this doesn't have anything to do with it

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I honestly didn't know JJ was still working for WWE and that probably means he's about 20+ years in. He had a hell of a run. I thought he was long gone.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I honestly didn't know JJ was still working for WWE and that probably means he's about 20+ years in. He had a hell of a run. I thought he was long gone.
He's been there since 1985. This is really shitty if he was just kicked to the curb as is being reported. He should be in the HOF.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I wish they would've kept him, and instead fire whoever came up with the idea of those annoying zooming in and out camera angles during matches.

Reactions: GB

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Ford is suing John Cena.

John Cena is on Ford's $#&% list for allegedly flipping his new $500k '17 Ford GT -- violating a contract with the company -- and they're takin' him to court.

According to the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Michigan, Cena was "selected from thousands of applicants for the opportunity to purchase the Ford GT."

Ford says Cena signed a deal in which he agreed to hold onto the car for at least 2 years ... prior to unloading it.

However, Ford claims, soon after receiving the car, Cena flipped it for a big profit.

"Mr. Cena has unfairly made a large profit from the unauthorized resale flip of the vehicle, and Ford has suffered additional damages and losses, including, but not limited to, loss of brand value, ambassador activity, and customer goodwill due to the improper sale."
John Cena: Sued By Ford For Selling $500k Supercar

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I’m guessing this another instance of cost cutting measures. He hasn’t composed much music in a while I believe. CFO is basically doing all the themes now (and doing a great job too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad