Monthly News Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The Reigns match was made a no-DQ or something for that reason. It wasn't advertised as such, only announced during the introductions in the ring.
Yeah, they didn't even take advantage of that really except for the one steel chair that was in the match.

I'd like for Cena/Taker to do a bit of an old-school walking brawl (if Taker can even do that these days) to cover up for his lack of wrestling ability and speed at this age and gimmick the f*** out of the match to make it at least SEEM better than it actually is.

Seriously, just have Taker bring out a biker chain and beat the f*** out of Cena with it.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Straight up last man standing (could even spin it in the story as one guy's career is toast after the match) or street fight.

Bikertaker comes back for one last ride. The deadman shtick is old already, only way i'd have interest in seeing Taker again.

And this time, please go away for good.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I think Kid Rock only did the Judgment Day 2000 theme. After that was Limp Bizkit who did the regularly used Rollin’ theme before he became Big Evil.

But yeah, it seems like a foregone conclusion that we’re going to get human, biker Undertaker, and Kid Rock will do some rock theme for him to roll out to.

That was awesome with the intro with the kids and all.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I think Kid Rock only did the Judgment Day 2000 theme. After that was Limp Bizkit who did the regularly used Rollin’ theme before he became Big Evil.

But yeah, it seems like a foregone conclusion that we’re going to get human, biker Undertaker, and Kid Rock will do some rock theme for him to roll out to.

They used the Kid Rock theme until the end of the year before changing to Limp Bizkit, I think it was likely something to do with rights. Then the had a generic theme for a bit before adding lyrics, the "You're Gonna Pay" or whatever it was (it was shit really)

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Would mark out if they had the gong go off, then after 3-4 of them start to fade out into nothing...

It goes quiet for a few seconds, then you hear the sound of a motorcycle starting up and he comes out...

Reactions: Fro

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
We'll get this 'Taker

undertaker-confused.jpg
u10017509.html

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
They used the Kid Rock theme until the end of the year before changing to Limp Bizkit, I think it was likely something to do with rights. Then the had a generic theme for a bit before adding lyrics, the "You're Gonna Pay" or whatever it was (it was **** really)
Yeah, there's a lot of rights stuff involved with Taker's theme music. Pretty sure my DVD of WrestleMania X7 has Taker riding his motorcycle out to his evil Ministry theme :laugh:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
make it career vs career or something. but im okay with seeing the American badass simply because of what hapenned last year with the gear.

apparently wwe officials handed out Snickers bars to the fans to make up for Ronda not showing up.
(some people at RAW were tweeting)

(thats ****ing funny)
That's nice but if they were doing a sponsor give away they should've given out free Popeyes instead. Hell, I could've got there and they say "shows cancelled but here's a 3 piece meal with red beans and rice, mashed potatoes with Cajun gravy and a biscuit for your troubles" and I'm in heaven.

Oct 18, 2011
It's sad Taker is tarnishing his legacy we wouldn't be making these posts if he called it quits a free year ago. My biggest problem is the refusal to adapt or evolve. It's always the same thing

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's sad Taker is tarnishing his legacy we wouldn't be making these posts if he called it quits a free year ago. My biggest problem is the refusal to adapt or evolve. It's always the same thing
It's not about adapting, imo. It's just that he's old and not mobile or good enough anymore.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Undertaker isn't tarnishing anything if you've been hearing the crowds during these Cena promos.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Undertaker isn't tarnishing anything if you've been hearing the crowds during these Cena promos.

And by watching his matches the last few years you'd come to the opposite conclusion.

I know you like Taker but are you really going to act like his legacy is the same as it was 5 years ago? His legacy was built on being a great wrestlemania performer and he has had 4 awful mania matches in a row.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
My biggest issue with his matches since 29 is that they have accomplished nothing of value.

30- Puts over Brock (Brock didn't need it)

31- Beats Bray (join the club)

32- Beats Shane (k)

33- Roman retires him (jklol)

I mean, he sells some tickets and gets people to subscribe to the network for one month. Is that really worth wasting a mania match on a guy who can't work anymore?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And by watching his matches the last few years you'd come to the opposite conclusion.

I know you like Taker but are you really going to act like his legacy is the same as it was 5 years ago? His legacy was built on being a great wrestlemania performer and he has had 4 awful mania matches in a row.

It's not even that I like Taker, in fact I felt pretty content when I was at Raw last year, and it be the last Raw he ever appeared on. I thought the match last year was pretty sad to watch nor was the build up very good. But for his last Raw to be in my hometown at a show I was at would've been pretty special.

Yet, while I'd rather more attention go towards building up Balor and Rollins, or more of the women, or a better spot for KO and Sami, it doesn't bother me that this is what's happening. He's not any less 'the Undertaker' for doing it. Was Jaromir Jagr any less the legend he was despite hanging on the past couple of years? He was still one of the most popular players in he league while sucking wind for the Flames.

I never completely bought that he was truly retired like so many people did (which is I think a bigger source of consternation). I think I'd more prefer that his last match be with Cena provided there is a compelling build and story, and the match itself not be left on the table even if it should've been done years ago. This is Wrestlemania. It is the spectacle. Vince wants to 'create moments.' I don't think more than a handful of naive people think this will be a great match, but not everything needs to be great. Last year when they did Cena and Miz the mixed tag, the real story had nothing to do with the match. It is where you do that kind of dressed-up pomp and circumstance. And the mere mention of his name is still getting huge reactions.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yes it's the idiots that always chant this is awesome. The last 4 years have been bad

You can't blame Vince if the crowds give reactions he wants. Even though he blames crowds for giving reactions he doesn't want. Bottom line is that if there was evidence to the contrary, it wouldn't be happening.

Reactions: Fro

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
This is just conditioning at work. The older guys aren't simply presented as equals to the current roster, they are presented as much better. Consider the fact that Taker was maybe the 3rd or 4th most over wrestler during the attitude era. Now, over 50 years old, he is number 1 with a bullet. It's just depressing.

What good is creating a spectacle if you have to bury your entire roster and 11 months worth of tv storylines to get it done? All year they ask you to follow the current wrestlers. Then the biggest show of the year rolls around and the most important people on the show all of a sudden are a bunch of old guys.

I mean, just look at the 3 biggest matches this year:

Taker/Cena
HHH-Steph/Angle-Rousey
Roman/Brock

The three biggest matches of the year and they include exactly 1 full time member of the roster (who is the guy that everybody hates).

Of course people are gonna go nuts for Taker. Who else are they supposed to pop for? A series of people who are in multi-man matches for midcard belts? Poochie?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's not about adapting, imo. It's just that he's old and not mobile or good enough anymore.

I don't know how anyone wrestles one match a year, at his age, and expects to be good. I am sure a lot of wrestlers need timing and practice in front of crowds. He goes out there with almost no mobility anymore and tries to be the Undertaker in front of millions. It's not good.

But hey...cash in. You get one life. If Vince wants to pay you loads of money to show up 1 night. Do it.

The matches he has had lately have been nostalgia chants early and then silence when the match sucks.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This is just conditioning at work. The older guys aren't simply presented as equals to the current roster, they are presented as much better. Consider the fact that Taker was maybe the 3rd or 4th most over wrestler during the attitude era. Now, over 50 years old, he is number 1 with a bullet. It's just depressing.
What good is creating a spectacle if you have to bury your entire roster and 11 months worth of tv storylines to get it done? All year they ask you to follow the current wrestlers. Then the biggest show of the year rolls around and the most important people on the show all of a sudden are a bunch of old guys.

I mean, just look at the 3 biggest matches this year:

Taker/Cena
HHH-Steph/Angle-Rousey
Roman/Brock

The three biggest matches of the year and they include exactly 1 full time member of the roster (who is the guy that everybody hates).

Of course people are gonna go nuts for Taker. Who else are they supposed to pop for? A series of people who are in multi-man matches for midcard belts? Poochie?

Preach. Been an issue for a LONG time. Plenty of chances to push established stars to new levels. Bray, Rusev, Daniel Bryan, etc. There could be a whole new era of mega stars if they wanted it. Sadly..the talent is there, too. It's all on WWE. Push heel Bray like Reigns and the guy is a monster and his words would actually mean something. Let Reigns be heel and push him slower and he probably would be one of the most over faces when he got done with his heel runs.

Blehhhh. I could rant about this for f***ing days. WWE only has themselves to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad