Monthly News Thread (June '17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yepp. Jinder is all Vince and he is writing the promos.

Vince can still play a part in characters but not control Smackdown as a whole.

It's been absurd to me for a while that people could think Vince was in control of Smackdown considering the huge difference in quality between Raw and Smackdown.

Of course, it could be now that Smackdown has gone to **** because Vince is more involved due to Jinder. :laugh: But, I have no doubt that when Smackdown Live was at its peak earlier in the year and late last year that Vince's role was very minimal.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Vince is still booking the show and he's there most weeks. He's less hands on with Smackdown, but the show it still written for him and OK'd by him. It's not like he's ignoring it or anything like that, and he's very hands on with his guys (Jinder, Corbin, Strowman, Lesnar, next tall guy).

Even when there was that real good run of Smackdowns that started a couple years ago (before the roster split or it went live), it was still clearly a Vince show. The difference is that it was a Vince show that was put together by people who are actually good at doing so (Road Dogg and Ward), opposed to Vince who isn't. Which you see when he is far more hands on with Raw.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer spoke about how WWE's social media numbers are fake.

Others did some digging and only 64% of WWE's Twitter followers are real and 55% of Roman Reigns' Twitter followers are real compared to other main eventers who have about 70% or so of a real follower percentage.

Every wrestling promotion seems to do this, though, to make themselves look more popular.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
That's just a social media thing in general. There are millions of fake profiles/bots that follow random famous accounts so that they don't look empty. It's been that was since forever.

It's not like WWE is buying the follows, they're big enough to not need to do so. But it wouldn't surprise me to see guys on the lower indies doing it to try and break out. You see that kind of thing happening in every area of work that requires you to get noticed to advance.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I imagine at least 30% of renee's "followers" are just psychotic fangirls that want her dead to get away from dean.

I wish i was exaggerating with that statement.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That's just a social media thing in general. There are millions of fake profiles/bots that follow random famous accounts so that they don't look empty. It's been that was since forever.

It's not like WWE is buying the follows, they're big enough to not need to do so. But it wouldn't surprise me to see guys on the lower indies doing it to try and break out. You see that kind of thing happening in every area of work that requires you to get noticed to advance.

If I'm on the lower indies I'd still rather have real followers who engage with me rather than fake followers who are literally just a number.

Like, it looks really bad if you have 50k followers but can't even get 100 retweets on a tweet, for example, or something like that.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If I'm on the lower indies I'd still rather have real followers who engage with me rather than fake followers who are literally just a number.

Like, it looks really bad if you have 50k followers but can't even get 100 retweets on a tweet, for example, or something like that.
That would be silly. You don't buy 50k when you have twelve legit, you buy a much lower number. You also buy bots not follows so they 'interact' with you to hide the emptiness. And progressive growth, not just a random dump of followers and nothing.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Are there any well known wrestlers who are not on social media? I know a few major celebs who have quit or don't use social media. Seems like wwe sees it as an advantage.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Are there any well known wrestlers who are not on social media? I know a few major celebs who have quit or don't use social media. Seems like wwe sees it as an advantage.
I know Ambrose doesn't have accounts, but I don't use Twitter or anything so I've never looked to know of others.

I'd assume most wrestlers (WWE and non-) will have an account as it's part of their job to market themselves and promote the shows they are on. It's part of being what they are these days. Unless you're at the top, you really are hurting yourself by not having an account.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Rumor circulating a few wrestling websites is that wwe is planning to build a theme park.

Forrec, an international entertainment design company, has been working with WWE to create branded theme park attractions.

Prospective projects include rides with signature WWE moves like the Moonsault, the Rock Bottom and one geared around Suplex City. Others include a rebranded ride on Triple H's Sledgehammer and a dark ride called Road to WrestleMania. There was a roller coaster held up by a large John Cena and a Kuka-arm style ride that sits in the middle of a wrestling ring. This has can be compared to The Sum of All thrills attraction housed at Disney's Epcot

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...wwe-looking-to-create-theme-park-attractions/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm sure like every other venture Vince has stepped foot in, it'll go swimmingly.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
You could give 10 year old me a choice between a WWE theme park or a Disney theme park...i'm still going to the Disney one.

I mean what do i know though? Clearly the jaw dropping amounts of viewers the WBF and XFL get clearly indicates Vince is a genius. :sarcasm:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Cant be bothered checking if its true, but apparently Lawler said on his podcast that WWE got a copyright complaint over Great Balls of Fire

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Cant be bothered checking if its true, but apparently Lawler said on his podcast that WWE got a copyright complaint over Great Balls of Fire
It's true. Lawler said he has the same lawyer as Jerry Lee Lewis and when the PPV was first announced the lawyer asked who he could contact at WWE about copyright infringement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad