Monthly News Thread (August 2017) -- Cena and Lesnar scheduled for Raw's No Mercy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Paige was never announced as being axed from Total Divas was she?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- PWIn reports the feeling backstage regarding the Nakamura/Cena botch to be a fluke, nothing more. Cena told him not to be sorry after the match.

- PWIn reports Miz/Jordan is off for Summerslam as the card is deemed to be stacked as it is. The program will continue after Summerslam. They also don't want to rush Jordan.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
- PWIn reports the feeling backstage regarding the Nakamura/Cena botch to be a fluke, nothing more. Cena told him not to be sorry after the match.

- PWIn reports Miz/Jordan is off for Summerslam as the card is deemed to be stacked as it is. The program will continue after Summerslam. They also don't want to rush Jordan.

This will be the 4th time in 5 years that Miz will either be Intercontinenal Champion or be involved in a match for the title, even if he doesn't defend it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Wait, so Miz won't be on SummerSlam?

Incredibly lame, considering over the past year, Miz has been one of the top guys

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The botch was kind of Cena's fault, he didn't flip all the way and he shouldn't have tucked his head. I think he just didn't know how to take the move.

Last year Miz defended the title against Apollo Crews in a 5-minute match, and that was a month after he and Darren Young went to a double DQ without paying it off, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
MiddleEasy reporting Yoshihiro Takayama is paralyzed from the neck down following an injury

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada

I guess this means Miz TV on the kickoff then.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess this means Miz TV on the kickoff then.

Maybe MizTV with Chad Gable because you can't do it with Jordan again. Gives Gable something too. Maybe set up an impromptu tag match where Jordan and Gable go over and Gable gives Jordan his blessing on the way out.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He must have been making peanuts in WWE then.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wonder if he included his costs of traveling and what not. It has to play a part. He traveled a lot to do much of nothing in WWE at times. Obviously he doesn't have to travel and rack up all the costs that he currently has.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I wonder if he included his costs of traveling and what not. It has to play a part. He traveled a lot to do much of nothing in WWE at times. Obviously he doesn't have to travel and rack up all the costs that he currently has.

Some indies will pay for his flights and lodging for sure.

WWE just paid for flights -- he had to pay out of pocket for hotel, rental cars, etc.

The big difference is most definitely merchandise and this big Hot Topic partnership. Cody had almost no merchandise in WWE, especially as Stardust, compared to what he has now and how much he's making. He also dictates when, where and for how much he works.

He's got that sweet life right now.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
He must have been making peanuts in WWE then.
The main thing that happened is that he went from being a filler undercard act to being the hottest indy main event tier guy who is also a member of the Bullet Club T-shirt company.

There is a lot of money out there for the few in his position, so I think it speaks more to the health of the indies than it does to WWE's pay.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
The main thing that happened is that he went from being a filler undercard act to being the hottest indy main event tier guy who is also a member of the Bullet Club T-shirt company.

There is a lot of money out there for the few in his position, so I think it speaks more to the health of the indies than it does to WWE's pay.

It really is amazing how much good quality wrestling is available right now and how easily accessible it can be at times.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The big difference is most definitely merchandise and this big Hot Topic partnership. Cody had almost no merchandise in WWE, especially as Stardust, compared to what he has now and how much he's making. He also dictates when, where and for how much he works.
One day my Hot Topic will have BC shirts....one day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad