Monthly News Thread (August 2017) -- Cena and Lesnar scheduled for Raw's No Mercy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Paul turning on Brock is such a good subplot to that match. Brock can go away for awhile and if he ever returns, there's premade feud waiting for him. Whoever Paul is aligned with...there's your attraction match. Doesn't even have to be for the title.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Meant to say stopped hating cena on my last post*

Also, heyman turning on brock si too cliche. he's already done it before and while it's been a number of years since then, he's been lesnar's manager for SO long seeing it happen twice would be lame tbh.

Even more so because he did it to punk recently too

Oct 18, 2011
Will be interesting to see if Brock fights Jones prior to WrestleMania.

I'd really like to see JJ on his own buy front row tickets to Summerslam as I said. Not as part of the show, it's just good marketing and will break twitter.

This four way does seem like a way to get the title off of him. I'm definitely going to watch the PPV

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave wrote in the Observer that Io Shirai is back full time in Stardom. WWE rescinded their offer after the neck injury.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The Cena hate for me only started to die down a bit after he lost clean to Daniel Bryan. His character and promos are still very hate worthy but at least it's no longer 100% hate because of him never doing clean favors for other talent.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
According to Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the heat on Enzo started when 'zo was overheard on the phone saying things critical of the business while also bragging about how much money he made. Not sure who all watched Bring it to the Table on Monday but Graves and JBL discussed Enzo and Graves said part of the big problem with Enzo is that there's very little difference between the Enzo Amore character and with Eric Arndt the person and that people get tired of hearing him talk about who he's been partying with and where. There's some thought he could go down to NXT or moved over to 205 Live.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- WON reports the Enzo Amore heat stems from him talking loudly on the phone to someone, negatively about the business to those who could hear him and was bragging about how much money he made from the business (this is actually believable considering the tweet storm from that stripper about Enzo bragging about the money he makes being a famous star and only tipping 1s).

- There's talk Enzo will be sent back to NXT to attract fans to touring shows or to 205 Live where his personality will get reactions.

- WON reports there are conflicting feelings about the Styles/Owens finish from Battleground and whether it was botched or not. Some speculate the finish was changed mid-match, but that rarely happens. The plan was for Styles to retain the title but he didn't get the shoulder up. Styles winning the title back immediately on Smackdown points to it being more of a botch. Styles was also extremely unhappy after the finish of the Battleground match.

- As mentioned, the original finish for Nakamura/Cena was changed. It was originally going to be Corbin running in and trying to attack Nakamura, but hitting Cena instead and leading to Cena vs. Corbin, but that was changed and Nakamura went over clean. Cena AA'd Corbin through a table after the match instead.

- The cuts from WWE to increase their profit margin for the rest of the year are mostly on the WWE Network side, notably the E&C show, Talking Smack and R-Truth's game show, along with pyro, and some travel expenses were also cut in an attempt to increase their profit.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Braun also reportedly said "**** your son" to Karen which started the whole bar incident that was reported.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
This thread/vid basically summarizes why people hated cena in match form

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir..._time_john_cena_has_lost_a_oneonone_standard/

2007-2014 the only guys to beat cena were 5 of vince's favorites (HBK, HHH, Lesnar, khali and big show) and....daniel bryan. Who i guess was his favorite eventually but at first clearly had to literally create a fan tidal wave to get his big win.

After that (and aging) cena becomes more bearable losing to guys like KO, AJ, Dean and Nak None of which vince pushed to the moon as of yet. (Vince was not impressed with AJ when he first arrived so no he didn't push him to the WWE title cause he was his favorite)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Who is Karen? And what bar incident? Felt like I missed something.

Karen Jarrett (Kurt Angle's ex-wife) approached him in a bar saying how her son was a big fan and wanted an autograph. Strowman said something rude (now we know it was "**** your son") and then she cut a promo on him, talked down to him, and as soon as he found out who she was he was begging her not to tell Kurt and would sign the autograph and reportedly got on his hands and knees begging her.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Karen Jarrett (Kurt Angle's ex-wife) approached him in a bar saying how her son was a big fan and wanted an autograph. Strowman said something rude (now we know it was "**** your son") and then she cut a promo on him, talked down to him, and as soon as he found out who she was he was begging her not to tell Kurt and would sign the autograph and reportedly got on his hands and knees begging her.

I appreciates this wording.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir..._time_john_cena_has_lost_a_oneonone_standard/

2007-2014 the only guys to beat cena were 5 of vince's favorites (HBK, HHH, Lesnar, khali and big show) and....daniel bryan. Who i guess was his favorite eventually but at first clearly had to literally create a fan tidal wave to get his big win.

After that (and aging) cena becomes more bearable losing to guys like KO, AJ, Dean and Nak None of which vince pushed to the moon as of yet. (Vince was not impressed with AJ when he first arrived so no he didn't push him to the WWE title cause he was his favorite)

Really difficult to hate Cena nowadays, but all you have to do is go back to see how he ruined Nexus, Wyatt, Rusev, etc. and it can be a bit frustrating. But Cena has done his part in trying to make stars. The US Open Challenge was one of the best things going each week.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I really don't understand the Strowman thing at all. Why would any human tell a woman "**** your son" when he is told that her kid is a huge fan. That makes no sense to me. There is no way that's the story, short of Braun being hammered or something.

Doesn't that story sound a little stupid and unrealistic? Like why would you say that? :laugh:

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

Punk beat him too. So that's 6. But Punk also needed to win than match much like RVD at ONS just for the safety of everyone in the arena.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
I really don't understand the Strowman thing at all. Why would any human tell a woman "**** your son" when he is told that her kid is a huge fan. That makes no sense to me. There is no way that's the story, short of Braun being hammered or something.

Doesn't that story sound a little stupid and unrealistic? Like why would you say that? :laugh:

I thought I remember hearing on a podcast that Braun doesn't drink. I could be wrong. Also hearing the podcast got the sense he was extremely humble.

This nonsense could be coming from jarrets camp as he hates the wwe and could be running a smear campaign based on a simple misunderstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad