Monthly News Thread (August 2017) -- Cena and Lesnar scheduled for Raw's No Mercy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Count me as one of the people who doesn't believe Strowman said "**** your kid", that's just not something I can picture being said out of the blue. If that's the case, surely there would be more stories about Strowman saying these kinds of things to fans.

On Cena: there's two sides to this coin as always. Sure, he's got sway within the organization but at the end of the day, I still believe Vinny Mac runs the show 100% and makes all final decisions. If McMahon just isn't high on Wyatt, or Barrett, or Rusev, or whoever Cena has buried in the past, there's simply nothing Cena can do about it other than go out there and do his job. (Cena might not have seen it, either.) He can go to bat for people as much as he wants but at the end of the day, if Vince doesn't see it, he doesn't see it. We saw that literally play out in front of our eyes for almost two years with Daniel Bryan to the point where Vince was forced by the fans to make a decision he never wanted to make.

I think nowadays Cena is at the point in his career where he knows losses don't mean **** to his legacy or standing in the company as a star, and he knows he isn't a full-timer so he doesn't mind being pinned clean by guys to create new stars. 5-7 years ago though? No way anyone was going to touch Vince's golden child. And that's how I picture Reigns these days. It's very rare for Reigns to lose being pinned clean unless he gets caught for violating the wellness policy.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Eva Marie released

Good. Now all they have to do is begin the "queen of everything red" entrance with the voice over and have Maria Kanellis come out instead. Have her ask the crowd if they were expecting someone else, then tell them the pretender to the crown is gone and the real queen of everything red is here. After that give her a quick match where she destroys her opponent and boom instant superstar.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With all the cutbacks going on, Vince must have forgotten until now that she was still on their payroll. All she's done was leech off the company to try and further her career.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
According to Justin Barrasso from Sports Illustrated, WWE has passed on a Rey Mysterio return, citing not wanting to work with Mysterio's management team.

Mysterio has a standing offer from GFW.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
Mysterio's shtick has been done to death. I can happily live the rest of my life without seeing another 619 or whatever it's called. And he can take Kalisto and Sin Cara with him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
"Management Team?"

I would've really only been interested in Mysterio if he was on 205 live. He could've helped a lot there.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Honestly don't care if I ever see Rey wrestle another match. He never really appealed to me in the first place. I hate his move set. But there were some matches I really enjoyed, especially with Jericho.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I loved Rey Rey.

Bring he and RVD back for the Tag division. I loved them together

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Eva Marie released

Total Divas just got interesting. Will she show up at all in the next season and who the hell are they going to tag Maryse with? :laugh: Actually going by past season, next one will probably feature the Road to Wrrestlemania and of course Nikki and the proposal but Eva was absent all of that. Now that I think of it, since Nikki is co-producer on the show, it'll be all Bellas again... :help: Might be even more fastforwardable moments now.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Total Divas just got interesting. Will she show up at all in the next season and who the hell are they going to tag Maryse with? :laugh: Actually going by past season, next one will probably feature the Road to Wrrestlemania and of course Nikki and the proposal but Eva was absent all of that. Now that I think of it, since Nikki is co-producer on the show, it'll be all Bellas again... :help: Might be even more fastforwardable moments now.

Alexa is on the show now. It makes me wanna watch it even more now

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
WrestleTalkTV(YouTube Wrestling news channel) reporting that Paige says a WWE return might be 'soon', from an interview with Bully Rays podcast(With Alberto). Saying she's 'really excited to be returning to WWE soon, although not sure when'. (IF it happens at this point which I would personally love, but highly doubt now)

And in the podcast, they talk about the airport incident, they talk about the incident and how the media blew stuff up and that no other fan was involved; it was just between ADR and Paige and that 'He said something mean to Paige, she poured a drink over his head in response, they started raising their voices because they are passionate people, and then the Popo told them to just go separate ways until they've cooled off'.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Admittedly I'd be curious to see how the crowd reacts to Paige returning.

she has always been hella over, so idk, I still think she'd get a good pop upon returning, IF she did.
Because let's be honest, the Womens division is getting to be a bit stale right now...IDK if that's just me.... but like....RAW has basically Bayley, Sasha and Alexa with Nia being like a bodyguard for Alexa(even tho Nia is literally awful)
and on SmackDown I'm over feeling the glow, and like there's no legit heel there since Charlotte is kinda in an anti heel but not quite babyface role atm.
I just hope the rumored after SummerSlam shakeup refreshes both divisions.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
WWE put botch machines the likes of Nia Jax and Dana brooke on TV every week, you guys think they won't put paige on TV cause of a litle rated R action?

Money is money and thats all that vince cares about and she will make them money. Not to mention not having the same god damn 4 women fight every month.

Although they'll probably never trust her with a title again :sarcasm:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dana Brooke hasn't been on TV in forever. Raw is in the hole they've been all year where the same 4 women are on TV every week and 3 of them have been the same for the entire year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad