Monthly News Thread (August 2017) -- Cena and Lesnar scheduled for Raw's No Mercy

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Why aren't you allowed to punch with a closed fist? :laugh: It makes no sense.

Old school rule! Jesse the Body would always complain about closed fists and ref allowing them even though they are illegal.

If people remember, Ive been on these boards complaining about the big shows damn knockout punch for years. Its an illegal move! And they should have built a story around that for awhile now in getting it banned.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Old school rule! Jesse the Body would always complain about closed fists and ref allowing them even though they are illegal.

If people remember, Ive been on these boards complaining about the big shows damn knockout punch for years. Its an illegal move! And they should have built a story around that for awhile now in getting it banned.
I'd love a storyline about a new authority figure coming in and re-introduce all those neglected rules. Not the silly ones, but the logical ones that make actual sense.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I'd love a storyline about a new authority figure coming in and re-introduce all those neglected rules. Not the silly ones, but the logical ones that make actual sense.

If Cornette hadn't gone to GFW this seems like it'd have been the perfect gimmick for him.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If Cornette hadn't gone to GFW this seems like it'd have been the perfect gimmick for him.
Nah, he's too much of a character. You'd want to use someone dry for a storyline like that.

Ideally a generic old suit-type person really. They don't need to actually be around much for the day-to-day stuff, just show up, announce the changes and then go away again. You leave the current GM to handle the fallout of it all on the weekly shows. Maybe they are a silent voice on the end of a phone at most after that.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Nah, he's too much of a character. You'd want to use someone dry for a storyline like that.

Ideally a generic old suit-type person really. They don't need to actually be around much for the day-to-day stuff, just show up, announce the changes and then go away again. You leave the current GM to handle the fallout of it all on the weekly shows. Maybe they are a silent voice on the end of a phone at most after that.

I don't know, though, with the amount of complaining he does about wrestlers breaking kayfabe and his general upset over guys like Kenny Omega and Joey Ryan wrestling 9 year-old girls or doing crotch flips or invisible hand grenade spots, he sort of seems like he's become the crusty "old school voice of wrestling" you'd need for that.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't know, though, with the amount of complaining he does about wrestlers breaking kayfabe and his general upset over guys like Kenny Omega and Joey Ryan wrestling 9 year-old girls or doing crotch flips or invisible hand grenade spots, he sort of seems like he's become the crusty "old school voice of wrestling" you'd need for that.
But do you really want to see Cornette rant every week on TV? No you don't.

Cornette's gimmick of ranting about completely meaningless stuff has no value at all to an actual TV show. He's just a ball of negative everything that would warp the story to be focused about him, and that isn't fun. It would in fact completely suck. It also sucked when they did it 20 years ago too.

The goal is just to get the old rules into place so that they can be used in matches to tell stories. Hence the dry suit just announcing something like "In order to comply with the new sports commission regulation, the following rules are now in effect:
  • ". And you're done.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Styles thinks the Young Bucks will be in WWE within 5 years

They could have a huge run in NXT, but I don't know if anyone would take them seriously on the main roster.

Better for them to continue to be kings of the indies.

But I can see them coming to WWE to make a couple of bucks if the contract is big enough.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
They could have a huge run in NXT, but I don't know if anyone would take them seriously on the main roster.

Better for them to continue to be kings of the indies.

But I can see them coming to WWE to make a couple of bucks if the contract is big enough.
Bucks would absolutely kill it on main roster.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Young Bucks would be forced to be pushed, look at the merch they're moving. It's likely the single biggest reason why they aren't in WWE. Schedule being the other reason.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Enzo's 205 live debut is at over 1 million views on YouTube, which is significantly more than any other 205 live video.

That'll knock some of the heat off

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
stats from last 2 years PPV's, via reddit

Oj88O2s.png

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Conor KO'ing Floyd is absolutely the best thing that can happen.

Even if you're a Floyd fan (and thus, a questionable person) you would have to appreciate the memes and jokes to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad