Monthly News Thread (August 2017) -- Cena and Lesnar scheduled for Raw's No Mercy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
- Rusev losing as quickly as he did wasn't a punishment to Rusev, but more of a way to "start" the program between Orton and Rusev. The idea behind it is that it's a fluke loss for Rusev. It was also done to give Orton a PPV win after his poor performances with Jinder and Wyatt. (WON)

Can live with this if Rusev went over but looool not happening

- SI reports John Cena was the kiss of death for Baron Corbin's push. Cena deemed Corbin wasn't ready and that was that. The writer hasn't heard much about the social media stuff and heat coming from that. He doesn't think social media was the sole reason right now.

Not ready doesnt warrant a total burial imo

- The idea of The New Day is to make them the greatest tag team of all time with the most tag title reigns in history. Edge & Christian and The Hardyz each have seven title reigns with The New Day currently being at three. (WON)

SMH do not like

bolded

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Dave (pretty sure it was Dave) mentioned how Roman hasn't won at a PPV since Mania. The idea is all this losing would make people like him

I'm not terribly impressed with the execution of that idea since they never really mention that and his losses were two singles matches against Strowman (one where he ends committing vehicular assault lol) and two multi-man matches. Reigns just isn't a likable person. They should just legit run with him being a heel and stop trying to force something that just isn't there. Him losing isn't going to make him more likable. lol

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
You guys want to know how to get Roman over as a face?

At a PPV when he's on the verge of beating someone like Braun or Lesnar for the title and then out of the blue have him DQ'ed for using a closed fist during the Superman punch. The PPV now ends on a controversy. Now we all know its technically illegal but never enforced so we know the call is BS, he knows it too and calls an authority figure the next night on Raw who assures him it will be taken care of. The main event of the show happens and more BS occurs screwing him over. This stays like this until the next PPV where he gets screwed by small petty infractions again and its reveiled Vince McMahon is personally screwing with him for his own amusement for failing to grab the brass ring he was gifted with.

This kicks off a personal crusade for Roman to dismantle the WWE piece by piece by interrupting matches, brawling backstage, assaulting refs, and destroying anyone in his path. He conducts no interviews, or cuts promos, he basically becomes a vengeance filled force of nature no one is ever sure where he will strike.

The storyline would end up with a gauntlet match at Wrestlemania where Roman would face 5 of Vince's hand picked enforcers and in a surprise twist have Triple H be the one to turn face and aid Roman to get the win against all odds.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

At a PPV when he's on the verge of beating someone like Braun or Lesnar for the title and then out of the blue have him DQ'ed for using a closed fist during the Superman punch. The PPV now ends on a controversy. Now we all know its technically illegal but never enforced so we know the call is BS, he knows it too and calls an authority figure the next night on Raw who assures him it will be taken care of. The main event of the show happens and more BS occurs screwing him over. This stays like this until the next PPV where he gets screwed by small petty infractions again and its reveiled Vince McMahon is personally screwing with him for his own amusement for failing to grab the brass ring he was gifted with.

This kicks off a personal crusade for Roman to dismantle the WWE piece by piece by interrupting matches, brawling backstage, assaulting refs, and destroying anyone in his path. He conducts no interviews, or cuts promos, he basically becomes a vengeance filled force of nature no one is ever sure where he will strike.

The storyline would end up with a gauntlet match at Wrestlemania where Roman would face 5 of Vince's hand picked enforcers and in a surprise twist have Triple H be the one to turn face and aid Roman to get the win against all odds.

Yeah. Roman going over 5 guys. That'll go over well.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

im gonna be polite and not say what I really think about this plan. I will say I am not for it lol

that middle part about brawls, interupting matches, no promos etc is however what I wanted them to do with Corbin after he failed the cash-in. its a shame it was about backstage heat than character develoment tho

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Fans at this point won't feel sympathy for Roman. Vince would just be a massive face, especially since he hasn't been on TV in a while.

Also, interrupting segments and beating up refs is a heel move.

Topping it off with him going over 5 others....

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i mean, its cool and all that hes not on super cena levels, but then you look the wrestlemania plans and i dont see how this helps.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Want to know how to get Roman over as a mega face? Turn him heel for a year. Then reunite The Shield. Then Roman is a John Cena face for the rest of his career. Rock needed to be a heel to be loved. Sometimes you just need it to grab the fans.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Want to know how to get Roman over as a mega face? Turn him heel for a year. Then reunite The Shield. Then Roman is a John Cena face for the rest of his career. Rock needed to be a heel to be loved. Sometimes you just need it to grab the fans.

It's too obvious though. Don't even need more than for him to simply just bail Ambrollins from an outmatched situation.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Heads up: Triplemania is going to be streamed live and free on Twitch this Saturday. In Mexico the main event of Psycho Clown vs Dr Wagner Jr in a mask vs mask match is being shown on free TV right after the end of Mayweather-McGreggor and because of this Meltzer thinks this will be by far the most watched match in all of North America this year. Should also point out the weekly CMLL Arena Mexico shows are being put up on YouTube by the promotion.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

This. Should have happened night after Mania.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I get that Cena is still the face of the company in Vince's eyes and can be trusted by Vince, but I really don't think that should be his call to make. Not that I disagree, because I, too, believe Corbin wasn't ready for the spot he was in holding the MITB briefcase and potentially cashing in. However, what would have happened if Corbin was instead, say, Nakamura? Or Roode? Would it be as simple as Cena going to Vince and saying "nope, not feeling this guy". That would be awful business.

Roman is not going to turn face. I agree that he needs to be a heel for a year before turning face again in order for the fans to love him, but it isn't going to happen. The only other way I can see fans cheering for Reigns is to turn him into a complete bad ass. You have to get rid of the stupid superman punch, but give him more moves to work with in the ring (and I fully believe he is capable of it, but WWE wants him to have his "moves of doom" like Cena). But you have to turn him into a bad ass. Have him constantly get screwed by management and tear through everything in his path outside of matches. Have him constantly be put in handicap matches (and lose them), but extract his revenge by taking out wrestlers in backstage brawls. Have him flying spear a few guys the way he did Strowman and Rusev when he is REALLY mad. And don't let him say a single word.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He feuds almost exclusively with heels.

So. He's a face in their booking.

I used that argument once when discussing it with a former writer. He told me WWE sees heels as characters that people pay to see to get their ass kicked. It's why WWE had already considered Cena a "heel" in that regard, and they likely consider Roman Reigns a heel for the same reason.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
I get that Cena is still the face of the company in Vince's eyes and can be trusted by Vince, but I really don't think that should be his call to make. Not that I disagree, because I, too, believe Corbin wasn't ready for the spot he was in holding the MITB briefcase and potentially cashing in. However, what would have happened if Corbin was instead, say, Nakamura? Or Roode? Would it be as simple as Cena going to Vince and saying "nope, not feeling this guy". That would be awful business.

Roman is not going to turn face. I agree that he needs to be a heel for a year before turning face again in order for the fans to love him, but it isn't going to happen. The only other way I can see fans cheering for Reigns is to turn him into a complete bad ass. You have to get rid of the stupid superman punch, but give him more moves to work with in the ring (and I fully believe he is capable of it, but WWE wants him to have his "moves of doom" like Cena). But you have to turn him into a bad ass. Have him constantly get screwed by management and tear through everything in his path outside of matches. Have him constantly be put in handicap matches (and lose them), but extract his revenge by taking out wrestlers in backstage brawls. Have him flying spear a few guys the way he did Strowman and Rusev when he is REALLY mad. And don't let him say a single word.

They tried this exact thing after Survivor Series last year. Didn't work then, won't work now.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Why aren't you allowed to punch with a closed fist? :laugh: It makes no sense.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Feel like this isn't getting enough play lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig