Monthly News Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not very well, imo.
He basically said he was wrong to have done that.

The only thing that really happened was blurring the lines of kayfabe. By 2012 he had already done a number of projects, he’s just getting bigger ones now. And he also stuck around WWE way longer than Dwayne had.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He basically said he was wrong to have done that.

The only thing that really happened was blurring the lines of kayfabe. By 2012 he had already done a number of projects, he’s just getting bigger ones now. And he also stuck around WWE way longer than Dwayne had.

Basically but it was quite half-hearted like most things with him are. The only reason why Cena stuck around was because he wasn't getting the kind of opportunities that would actually pull him away for lengthy periods of time and be lucrative enough for him to do so.

Reactions: Deen

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Cena is still not on the level of The Rock. He's a reasonable talented guy with comedy as far as playing the lunk head that the joke is on or whatever, but when it comes to action movies he'll likely always be a straight to video level actor.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Cena is still not on the level of The Rock. He's a reasonable talented guy with comedy as far as playing the lunk head that the joke is on or whatever, but when it comes to action movies he'll likely always be a straight to video level actor.
Meh. I don't think The Rock is a very good actor at all. I think almost all of his movies suck. Honestly, I think that Cena is able to portray more roles than The Rock in Hollywood.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Jericho getting released. Jericho Day somewhere else.

:sarcasm:

Seriously think it was just visa related at this point with this back-and-forth.

Reactions: Disclose

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Meh. I don't think The Rock is a very good actor at all. I think almost all of his movies suck. Honestly, I think that Cena is able to portray more roles than The Rock in Hollywood.

Well, I'll mark that down along with Naomi being the worst wrestler of all time too.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
jericho probably thought he was gonna have a good match and Taker was like. no dude we really going for 3 minutes.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Basically but it was quite half-hearted like most things with him are. The only reason why Cena stuck around was because he wasn't getting the kind of opportunities that would actually pull him away for lengthy periods of time and be lucrative enough for him to do so.

This guy nailed it.

Oct 18, 2011
This GRR match means nothing without anything of consequence at stake...offer up a title shot. Otherwise it's worthless just like the Andre is

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
This GRR match means nothing without anything of consequence at stake...offer up a title shot. Otherwise it's worthless just like the Andre is
Depends who is gonna win it.

If Strowman is gonna win, then you shouldn't give a title shot. Reigns vs Strowman should be a big match with a big build, not the first defence of Reign's title run.

Oct 18, 2011
Depends who is gonna win it.

If Strowman is gonna win, then you shouldn't give a title shot. Reigns vs Strowman should be a big match with a big build, not the first defence of Reign's title run.
They've already given that match away

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Rajah.com | Carmella Talks About Her Dad Working As A Wrestler For WWE In The 1990s

Carmella Talks About Her Dad Working As A Wrestler For WWE In The 1990s

On her father, Paul Van Dale, wrestling for WWE in the 1990s: "A lot of people don't know that. I don't really put it out there that much, but he did a lot of enhancement work. He wrestled Razor Ramon, 'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka. There has been so many; Big Boss Man, Papa Shango, so, I really did grow up wrestling because my dad watched it every week, and I am making myself sound a little older, but we used to record Monday Night Raw on VHS every single Monday night because he would work nights so we would watch it the next day together after I would come home from school. Growing up, of course I was the coolest girl in the 3rd grade because I told everyone that my dad was a wrestler and I would bring in these wrestling magazines of him and, every Saturday morning he would be body slamming me on my bed. He would put on a big show whenever I would have my friends sleepover for sleepovers we would always do that. Now, I am here, and never did I think I would be in a wrestling ring after watching him do it."

chris-hansen-149x300.jpg

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
WWE probably got flashbacks of Jericho kicking the Brazilian flag and didn't want the Saudi's to behead him for doing something similar.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Looks like Daniel Bryan vs The Miz is going to happen sooner than later.

They have been added as a match to the UK Tour dates in May

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Miz is far from mediocre.

Going to be such a fire feud. SD is the A show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad