Monthly News Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Ryback claimed that his best memory of Bruno Sammartino, is hearing that Bruno was furious about the outcome of Ryback v Kalisto at Mania

heh

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I legitimately don't understand the tattoo artist stuff. As far as I'm concerned - Orton or whoever is commissioning the work...he pays for it...it's now his.

I'm honestly kinda surprised Vince doesn't have a contract drawn up already for this situation though. If you're getting ink done you basically have to get the artist to sign it. You'll pay their rate, you'll promote the work on social if it fits the character and you'll mention the artist on that Corey Graves show (does he still have that? I dunno) but the artist has no right or future claims.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Speculation is that Roman Reigns will win the title at Greatest Royal Rumble, and then Lashley will go over Brock at Summerslam in Brock’s final match before leaving for the UFC.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I legitimately don't understand the tattoo artist stuff. As far as I'm concerned - Orton or whoever is commissioning the work...he pays for it...it's now his.

I'm honestly kinda surprised Vince doesn't have a contract drawn up already for this situation though. If you're getting ink done you basically have to get the artist to sign it. You'll pay their rate, you'll promote the work on social if it fits the character and you'll mention the artist on that Corey Graves show (does he still have that? I dunno) but the artist has no right or future claims.

It depends how it is used.

If it's only part of Orton's character in the game, then it shouldn't be a problem at all. They are using Orton's likeness (which he has given them permission to use via standard WWE contract), and his likeness is his alone. The tattoo is just part of that, a third party (the tattoo artist) shouldn't be able to claim ownership over it.

However, if the tattoo is offered as an option in a create-a-wrestle feature, then I think the artist would have a good reason to complain. It's no longer part of Orton, so likeness isn't part of it, and it's clearly their art being re-used.

But like everyone, I've no idea on what the laws actually are.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Lol oh he's holding that sucker for a whiiiiiile.

To a chorus of boos each and every time, I'm sure.

It wouldn't bother me as much if they Vince just finally relented and they turned him heel. But trotting him out there and constantly telling the fans that "he's the face of the company" when they clearly aren't having any of it, it's so old.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Bucks said they'd like Punk on their All In card and that they still text Punk every week and talk about wrestling because Punk still loves pro wrestling. That said, they don't think they need Punk (they also said they would have liked Bryan) to reach 10,000 in attendance.

- Meltzer thinks Cass will either be paired up with Miz or Nakamura.

- WON says there are no plans for Lesnar vs. Lashley at the moment. With Reigns likely beating Lesnar at GRR, his final loss on his way out would likely be to someone they want to build up. Speculation is that would be Strowman.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
cuz nakamura no speak english, so they're pairing him with the person with the best mic skills in the company............ huhu

Reactions: Fro

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think Cass will be Miz' muscle.

1. Miz just got the Miztourage taken away from him by Angle out of spite. So it makes sense for Miz to look for someone else to fill that role
2. Cass big booted Bryan, and Bryan and The Miz are working matches on tours starting next month. While that doesn't necessarily mean anything, I doubt they would do Miz v Bryan matches and not bring it to TV.
3. Nakamura and Cass would not make any sense. Miz would be the mouth to Cass' strength. Naka's promos work for his character, but doesn't make sense to be talking on behalf of Cass as well.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Booker T is supposedly returning to the Raw announce team on Monday.

- Dolph Ziggler has not signed a new contract yet. His contract expires in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->