Monthly News Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So it's either Jericho inserted himself or the more logical explanation as someone said, the Saudis want to cram that card with as many stars as humanly possible. Jericho def fits the bill of a star imo even in his older age.

I'm honestly curious to see what kind of **** they cook up for the rumble match. 50 spots means you need to be pulling in more than just your main roster guys.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Odd stuff with Rusev but the way he's been booked lately it does seem PAR for the course ;)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This will only be the second time Jericho has faced Undertaker in a singles

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
This will only be the second time Jericho has faced Undertaker in a singles
I looked it up to see when that was, but I found three matches not one.

All three on Smackdown (10.11.09, 24.11.09, and 09.02.10), which would have been when 'Taker was champion before Jericho won it at Elimination Chamber.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Nixon Newell is back from injury.

She was signed to a contract a year ago and was going to debut in the women's tournament, but she was injured just after signing. She finally made her debut last night under her real name, Steffanie Newell, on an NXT house show.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Nixon Newell is back from injury.

She was signed to a contract a year ago and was going to debut in the women's tournament, but she was injured just after signing. She finally made her debut last night under her real name, Steffanie Newell, on an NXT house show.

Everyone on social media is still calling her Nixon Newell. She will get a new name, I’m sure. Probably a big player in the next tournament, that’s how I would introduce her.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So it's either Jericho inserted himself or the more logical explanation as someone said, the Saudis want to cram that card with as many stars as humanly possible. Jericho def fits the bill of a star imo even in his older age.

I'm honestly curious to see what kind of **** they cook up for the rumble match. 50 spots means you need to be pulling in more than just your main roster guys.
I am actually excited about this event. Even the Jericho/Taker match. The nice thing about the event being on a Friday afternoon, is I am not in a rush to watch it live. I have 3 nights to enjoy it before Raw tells me the results, with a normal PPV event, I don't have that luxury.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm hoping the WWE decided they didn't want to send Rusev out there to die in under 2 minutes so they brought in somebody who can lose in his place.

Extreme wishful thinking. I know.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Probably the guys putting on the event that want a stacked card. Or it was the plan the whole time and they're trying to amp up Rusev's support by "De-pushing" him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Del Rio said he missed the Impact show that got him fired due to a family emergency and since his family is his top priority, he took care of them first.

Apparently he never knew that you should let your employer know.

I personally call BS on the story

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I trust the random story that he was at a party more than his word. And that's without even bothering to see if there's any evidence for the partying.

But it is the one time a 'lol TNA' moment is probably a good thing for them, so that's nice.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Del Rio said he missed the Impact show that got him fired due to a family emergency and since his family is his top priority, he took care of them first.

Apparently he never knew that you should let your employer know.

I personally call BS on the story

I have my doubts, Del Rio has missed too many shows to be believed. Plus there's a thing called a cellphone.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Paul Ellering seemingly dismissed the story that he didn't want to travel, tweeting

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I looked it up to see when that was, but I found three matches not one.

All three on Smackdown (10.11.09, 24.11.09, and 09.02.10), which would have been when 'Taker was champion before Jericho won it at Elimination Chamber.
I did err, my head and typing fingers didn't line up. When I posted that I had read that they only met 2 times in singles, although this would make it 4

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
not so big news:

-jerry lawler had a stroke 3 weeks before WM while having sex...... (he wrestled that WM weekend too)
-Rich Swann "unretired" and appeared at CZW last nite.
-Rey has commitments with ARO and AAA this summer so the GRR for now is a one time appearance.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
In an interview with US Weekly, John Cena and Nikki Bella revealed they broke off their engagement

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Worst pay-off for a Wrestlemania match ever.

wow

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: