Monthly News Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
"When CM Punk was red hot and started to outsell the John Cena merchandise, I know people that work in the company in the merchandise department, I know people that work the arenas and sell the merchandise, and I can tell you eactly what WWE did: as soon as John Cena started getting outsold by CM Punk, they made 3 additional John Cena designs, they refused to make a second CM Punk design and they started undershipping the CM Punk design on purpose. For every CM Punk shirt they would ship to the arena, they would triple John Cena shirts and they would do 3 John Cena designs. So every 10 shirts in the arena, if 9 are Cena, only one is Punk. Punk is going to sell out right away ause they didn't send enough and at the end of the night they're going "Oh John Cena quadrupled Punk's merchandise." Of course he did! Because you've puprosely created a situation where it would be impossible for CM Punk to outsell John Cena.

We've told the story on the show before, years ago at Wrestlemania when WWE was struggling. It's Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart in the main event going 60 minutes, people are leaving during the main event, you can check the video tape. People are leaving during the main event of Wrestlemania, and Hall and Nash have both told me that Vince said that night that he would rather have a half full arena cheering for the guy that he says to cheer for than a full arena cheering for whoever they want."

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
It is not smart. On the other hand, Vince and his family are already set for life anyway.

I've always viewed Vince as a mediocore mind when it comes to booking wrestling. He definitely lets his emotions control the product. He just has an uncanny business sense (when he isn't starting a bodybuilding/football/film company).

Oct 18, 2011
Baron Corbin will never get over at a main event level imo someone explain it to me. I don't see star in him at all

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Baron Corbin will never get over at a main event level imo someone explain it to me. I don't see star in him at all

Average wrestling talent. I say average because like it or not, everybody who's good enough to be in the WWE is exceptional, and if you don't believe that go watch some Botchamania episodes where they have 4-5 minute long clips of Indy botchfests.

Very minimal mic skill. Zero charisma. You can't even say that he's there for his looks. Literally the only positive about him is that he's not exceptional at anything, so it makes him easy to hate as a heel.

... The sad thing is, they wasted two sick finishers on him.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Average is the incorrect way to say it. He's easily below average in WWE.

But the use of 'exceptional' is a complete joke. What he is is 'good enough'. He's 'fine', but nothing more. He's over the minimum to be non-terrible and that's really all you need in WWE. Miz is the same in that regard.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Average is the incorrect way to say it. He's easily below average in WWE.

But the use of 'exceptional' is a complete joke. What he is is 'good enough'. He's 'fine', but nothing more. He's over the minimum to be non-terrible and that's really all you need in WWE. Miz is the same in that regard.

Like I said, watch some Botchamania. Some of these wannabes look like they're literally gonna kill or seriously maim each other. If you can do it 300 nights a year and not injure yourself or somebody else, you're "Exceptional".

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
British Strong Style vs Undisputed Era confirmed for Albert Hall

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Like I said, watch some Botchamania. Some of these wannabes look like they're literally gonna kill or seriously maim each other. If you can do it 300 nights a year and not injure yourself or somebody else, you're "Exceptional".
So a show about botches is your source for indy wrestling? Why not actually watch some shows and see how good it really is instead? Like really, you must understand how silly that is.

The quality of wrestling is insane right now, there really has never been the level of talent we have now. Where do you think WWE get all their amazing wrestlers? They certainly don't make them in NXT, that's where they make Corbin an Big Cass.

But they don't wrestle 300 nights a year, you've over by at about 100. There are indy guys who work far more dates than WWE too. And not injuring someone is the most basic thing, it's not impressive it's a baseline expectation of any wrestler.

Reactions: Morozov

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
So a show about botches is your source for indy wrestling? Why not actually watch some shows and see how good it really is instead? Like really, you must understand how silly that is.

The quality of wrestling is insane right now, there really has never been the level of talent we have now. Where do you think WWE get all their amazing wrestlers? They certainly don't make them in NXT, that's where they make Corbin an Big Cass.

But they don't wrestle 300 nights a year, you've over by at about 100. There are indy guys who work far more dates than WWE too. And not injuring someone is the most basic thing, it's not impressive it's a baseline expectation of any wrestler.

Lol, we're not talking about ROH level indy shows here. There are plenty of dumpster fire promotions.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I feel the “Indy” wrestling he’s talking about are flea market and knights of Columbus shows, not PWG, Chikara, Beyond, Evolve or MLW. Literally guys you’ve never heard of in sweat pants and T-shirts or if your really unlucky fat pale guys who bought a singlet

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Lol, we're not talking about ROH level indy shows here. There are plenty of dumpster fire promotions.
RoH isn't indy.

There are some very local promotions that are not great yeah. That's the case with every single thing that ever was a thing, it's nothing to note. But there are still tons and tons of promotions out there that put on great shows all the time.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I feel the “Indy” wrestling he’s talking about are flea market and knights of Columbus shows, not PWG, Chikara, Beyond, Evolve or MLW. Literally guys you’ve never heard of in sweat pants and T-shirts or if your really unlucky fat pale guys who bought a singlet
But that's the thing. Once you go past the very top tier of shows, you still have 1000s of promotions that put on good shows. It's not like there are only a handful of companies then you hit trash, there is a (very large) handful of elite then a massive pile of really good.

The fact that the bottom exists and can be terrible really doesn't matter when the top is so incredibly large.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
RoH isn't indy.

There are some very local promotions that are not great yeah. That's the case with every single thing that ever was a thing, it's nothing to note. But there are still tons and tons of promotions out there that put on great shows all the time.

Well that brings into question why guys like Punk/Bryan/KO/Sami have all been referred to as, "Indy Darlings" then, lol.

Reactions: CPTN71

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Rusev has no hot water with the company and everything going on is all storyline. He's still set to appear in the Greatest Royal Rumble match. He's also not being released, hasn't asked for his release, and isn't quitting or being fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia