WWE: Monday Night Raw thread #134: Roman Reigns IS Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Well if the plan is to turn Roman heel, that should be main event.

But if HHH wants Taker on last that makes me believe Reigns turning heel isn't in the cards?

Is there other examples of a heel turn to close Mania? On mobile so can't look it up right now.

Austin.

They wouldn't turn him heel after his win, though. Not at Wrestlemania.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well if the plan is to turn Roman heel, that should be main event.

But if HHH wants Taker on last that makes me believe Reigns turning heel isn't in the cards?

Is there other examples of a heel turn to close Mania? On mobile so can't look it up right now.

Austin, but that was a different situation entirely.

I don't think that factors in. They can't turn Roman heel that night (it just wouldn't make any sense). The heel turn would happen on RAW.

Plus either way some won't want the show to end with a chorus of boos.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Triple H could and will have the entire crowd chanting his name not only because they will hate reigns but also because they will be cheering their god aka the creator of NXT less than 48 hours removed from Takeover Dallas which will very likely be amazing.

Despite having all of that, Triple H still says taker should go on last. So much for that ego.

Vince needs to step off.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Triple H could and will have the entire crowd chanting his name not only because they will hate reigns but also because they will be cheering their god aka the creator of NXT less than 48 hours removed from Takeover Dallas which will very likely be amazing.

Despite having all of that, Triple H still says taker should go on last. So much for that ego.

Vince needs to step off.

Could it be Taker's last Mania? If it is, then it's not Triple H's ego, it's just what you're suppose to do it.

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
If Trips/Ro isn't the main(nor should it be) then there's a chance Trips retains.

If Reigns wins and there's no turn what decent opponents are there for him?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Could it be Taker's last Mania? If it is, then it's not Triple H's ego, it's just what you're suppose to do it.

Doubtful it is, but they will play the angle up since Shane is almost certainly going over.

Big home state crowd will end the show giving Taker a big ovation (Thank you Taker chants) after he gets his heat back on whoever cost him the match (or just choke slamming Vince into retirement).

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
While the build has been craptastic and the match will probably be ok, just read this, and then say it out loud. (Assuming Trips gets his way, which he should since Roman is going to get torn to pieces if he's the main event)

"Shane McMahon is going to main event Wrestlemania"

We live in a world where CM Punk could not main event Mania, but Shane O Mac can.

What the hell.

I haven't watched, but i've been following along here by reading up on shows. God damn how do you guys still subject yourselves to this.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
While the build has been craptastic and the match will probably be ok, just read this, and then say it out loud. (Assuming Trips gets his way, which he should since Roman is going to get torn to pieces if he's the main event)

We live in a world where CM Punk could not main event Mania, but Shane O Mac can.

What the hell.

I haven't watched, but i've been following along here by reading up on shows. God damn how do you guys still subject yourselves to this.

Can also read it as. "The Undertaker will main event Wrestlemania in potentially his last match"

That is HHH's point. Also that control of the company is on the line and ending the show on 90K people booing Roman isn't a good look.

The main event should be Brock/Dean for the title but we didn't get that.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York

People who have gigantic egos don't care about things you're "supposed to do"

See Hulk Hogan for a landslide of results.

Besides, if it was takers last mania (Which i don't think it is) wouldn't it still look terrible that Triple H wants taker but VINCE doesn't want him going on last?

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Can also read it as. "The Undertaker will main event Wrestlemania in potentially his last match"

That is HHH's point. Also that control of the company is on the line and ending the show on 90K people booing Roman isn't a good look.

The main event should be Brock/Dean for the title but we didn't get that.

Lets be reality.

Brock vs Dean has no business being anywhere near the main event nor does it being the WWE title match.

Brock is a monster. Dean is a "lunatic" that doesn't mean he can magically beat the crap out of lesnar. It's pretty evident that the only way ambrose is winning against lesnar in any way shape or form is through shenanigans and weapons of all kinds at WM.

I'm not even trying to hate on ambrose. I like most of the things he does or has does but i see absolutely zero interest in a main event title match with him and lesnar because there is no other ending other than brock looking mega strong and then losing his guard for 3 seconds to lose the match. Which just makes ambrose look like a lucky chump.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
People who have gigantic egos don't care about things you're "supposed to do"

See Hulk Hogan for a landslide of results.

Besides, if it was takers last mania (Which i don't think it is) wouldn't it still look terrible that Triple H wants taker but VINCE doesn't want him going on last?

When it comes to dealing with Taker, yes you do. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

What the hell.

Well, I mean, I bet if CM Punk's real name was "Phil McMahon" he'd have a Wrestlemania main event.

It's nice to see Shane McMahon back, but if this is Undertaker's last Wrestlemania, Shane McMahon being his last opponent AND main eventing Wrestlemania is just weird.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
From a storyline perspective...

Lesnar/Ambrose should be for the title and should main event the show. Lesnar should be the champ and I believe Ambrose should come close to beating him but Lesnar ultimately winning. It's a legit total main event.

HHH/Reigns is an awesome feud, but the title being on HHH is laughable and the fact Reigns gets the rub is even more laughable. It's just a great feud that is higher than it should be. HHH should not be champion. Reigns should not be going for hte title anymore.

Taker/Shane should be nowhere near the main event. The fact that Taker's last match is against Shane (if rumors are real) is stupid. That really sucks for Taker. Shane shouldn't be in a main event match. It can be a great 10:00 match, but no way this should close WM. It's just dumb. The story makes zero sense. We know WWE is for safety and there is going to be NO chance he jumps off the hell in a cell. Just no chance. We have a 46 and a 50 year old man. It is just absolutely silly that this thing is going on at WM. If this was Survivor Series... cool.

I just cannot believe anyone is even intrigued by that match.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
From a storyline perspective...

Lesnar/Ambrose should be for the title and should main event the show. Lesnar should be the champ and I believe Ambrose should come close to beating him but Lesnar ultimately winning. It's a legit total main event.

HHH/Reigns is an awesome feud, but the title being on HHH is laughable and the fact Reigns gets the rub is even more laughable. It's just a great feud that is higher than it should be. HHH should not be champion. Reigns should not be going for hte title anymore.

Taker/Shane should be nowhere near the main event. The fact that Taker's last match is against Shane (if rumors are real) is stupid. That really sucks for Taker. Shane shouldn't be in a main event match. It can be a great 10:00 match, but no way this should close WM. It's just dumb. The story makes zero sense. We know WWE is for safety and there is going to be NO chance he jumps off the hell in a cell. Just no chance. We have a 46 and a 50 year old man. It is just absolutely silly that this thing is going on at WM. If this was Survivor Series... cool.

I just cannot believe anyone is even intrigued by that match.

Ambrose video is just excellent stuff. Honestly want him to go over.

Fantasy booking for me is he they beat the tar out of each other and he wins in a flukish way. Like they both pass out but he lucks out by falling on Brock for the pin. That or make it a draw and they both basically die.

Heyman dismisses the win. They have a rematch at SS or HIAC for the title (Dean should get a title run by then) and Brock wins and kicks the **** out of Dean.

Now Dean has to prove he can legit beat Brock but has to earn the shot with a RR win and than you have the huge Mania main event to properly pass the Streak rub to a now superstar level Dean.

On taker I've heard no legit rumors that this is his last match, or last Mania match.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
^^ Many will not be a fan of the "draw" but damn i'd love it. Two brutes just beating the **** out of themselves. It's still going to be the MOTN for sure.

Nonetheless, would still be very happy with Lesnar making Ambrose pass out and the ref call the match while Lesnar was beat up, too. No pin.. just the ref saying "enough" and cannot handle it anymore. Lesnar can sell the **** out of being "out of it" and looking beat up. Lord knows he will be bleeding. :laugh:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I can see Dean/Brock as a kind of Austin/Hart WM13 match, just a brutal match where Dean doesn't quit and the match has to be called by ref's decision when he refuses to tap and passes out.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
I have a serious doubt that this is Taker's last mania.

IMO I doubt Taker wants to go out vs Shane O Mac especially with the storyline he's been given.

Next year, Cena vs Taker will be his retirement match guaranteed.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I can see Dean/Brock as a kind of Austin/Hart WM13 match, just a brutal match where Dean doesn't quit and the match has to be called by ref's decision when he refuses to tap and passes out.

I said this a while ago...

It fits Ambrose's gimmick and will get him over as an even bigger bad ass.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Lesnar is really good at storytelling. I think it's so underrated in his skillset. I think he can show a little fear, while still being Brock Lesnar that Ambrose won't die. He can be frustrated and a little freaked out. He pulled it off with Taker a bit.

If the story is told the right way AND the match is good, we have a nice stealing WM moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad