WWE: Monday Night Raw thread #134: Roman Reigns IS Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This road to WM is depressing. The buzz around the product is like mid-summer level.

My hype for Wrestlemania is at an all-time low for any Wrestlemania that I can recall, including Wrestlemania 27 because at least that had the hook of The Rock.

I could watch NXT Takeover: Dallas and be ecstatic if that was the only thing I watched from the WWE all weekend.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Was it really any worse than last year? This year might even have a few advantages match quality wise.

- Charlotte vs Becky vs Sasha is at least 10x better than Paige/AJ vs The Bellas.

- Brock/Dean is probably on paper and maybe even build better than anything last year.

- 7 man ladder match with good workers pretty much cancel each other out.

It doesn't seem that far off last year to me. The big advantage last year had was Sting's first WWE match. Last year is pretty well thought of and while some of that (maybe even most) has to do with the audible and the belt being put on Rollins so...maybe this year turns out alright.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Was it really any worse than last year? This year might even have a few advantages match quality wise.

- Charlotte vs Becky vs Sasha is at least 10x better than Paige/AJ vs The Bellas.

- Brock/Dean is probably on paper and maybe even build better than anything last year.

- 7 man ladder match with good workers pretty much cancel each other out.

It doesn't seem that far off last year to me. The big advantage last year had was Sting's first WWE match. Last year is pretty well thought of and while some of that (maybe even most) has to do with the audible and the belt being put on Rollins so...maybe this year turns out alright.

You are right. Build wise it's about the same as last year (which is still awful).

Might be tiny bit more intrigue just to see where this Shane/Taker angle is going even though The build is bad. It's obvious there are big stakes at least.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I am excited to see how Taker-Shane plays out, and for the inevitable spot of him jumping off the cell.

Brock-Dean will likely be match of the year and the build has been awesome. That's about it for me

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Anyone watch Dean's promo video of him out in the desert talking about Brock and talking about how his days in CZW prepared him for this?

How isn't he the top face of this company? Dean is money right now.

I honestly think Dean should go over at Mania. Just strap the ****ing rocket to him. Do the rematch for the strap.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The card itself isn't that bad considering all the injuries they've got. It's just been a terrible build for Taker/Shane and the black cloud of Reigns winning the title is going to hang over Mania.

If only Ambrose/Lesnar was for the title instead of HHH/Reigns...

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
And Vince doesn't like chicken legs. :sarcasm:
Even in a tanktop, Ambrose doesn't look like a real man.
Screen_shot_2016-01-06_at_13.29.46_abs78u-660x425.jpg

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Dudleyz vs. The Usos has been moved to the Wrestlemania pre-show.

I might be one of the few, but I actually like that feud. I think it's a good non-title match up of two teams. Dudley's do a good job making me believe they hate the Usos. Especially Bubba.

S A W F T*

I might be one of the few, but I actually like that feud. I think it's a good non-title match up of two teams. Dudley's do a good job making me believe they hate the Usos. Especially Bubba.

It's good for what it is, but not main card worthy for sure.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
PWTorch (apparently) is saying HHH wants Taker to go on last since his career is on the line and it's a bigger deal than the botched build for the title match and doesn't want the show to end with boos. Vince wants Reigns.

I don't know if it's in the paid portion of PWTorch, though, but that's who's being cited for it.

S A W F T*

PWTorch (apparently) is saying HHH wants Taker to go on last since his career is on the line and it's a bigger deal than the botched build for the title match and doesn't want the show to end with boos. Vince wants Reigns.

I don't know if it's in the paid portion of PWTorch, though, but that's who's being cited for it.

Well if the plan is to turn Roman heel, that should be main event.

But if HHH wants Taker on last that makes me believe Reigns turning heel isn't in the cards?

Is there other examples of a heel turn to close Mania? On mobile so can't look it up right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad