WWE: Monday Night Raw part 179: WE HAVE WOKEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Watching the replay, just finished JJ and Reigns, I know it won't be a popular opinion, but that was a great match.

Reigns actually pulled out a half-crab to work the injured knee, Jordan can go in the ring. His double Northern Lights Suplex is great, if he can improve on the mic he'll be great. Even if he can't, put him with someone who can.

Holy f***.... Roman attempted an elementary submission maneuver? I legitimately did not believe it when I read it.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He should use it

Did Cole put Roman over talking about how brilliant he was for going after JJ's hurt leg?? Please tell me he did.... it would put Vince's obsession at a whole new world. Roman puts on a submission for like the 5th time in his career and it's "ZOMG HE'S SO SAVVY!!! WHAT A BRILLIANT STRATEGY TO TARGET A WEAKENED LIMB!"

Please tell me it happened. I would actually be happy because of how petty it is considering Roman just gets whalloped like he's Hulk Hogan until he hulks up and spams spears and superman punches

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
...if he can improve on the mic he'll be great. Even if he can't, put him with someone who can.
It's funny you say that. He was a failure for years and years in NXT until they give him Gable, and then they were legit the best tag team in the world. Now he's on the main roster, they botched American Alpha, and he's a failing singles again.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Did Cole put Roman over talking about how brilliant he was for going after JJ's hurt leg?? Please tell me he did.... it would put Vince's obsession at a whole new world. Roman puts on a submission for like the 5th time in his career and it's "ZOMG HE'S SO SAVVY!!! WHAT A BRILLIANT STRATEGY TO TARGET A WEAKENED LIMB!"

Please tell me it happened. I would actually be happy because of how petty it is considering Roman just gets whalloped like he's Hulk Hogan until he hulks up and spams spears and superman punches
The crowd was buying it more than the announcers were selling it

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The crowd was buying it more than the announcers were selling it

Probably because they've never seen it. I mean if you dropped a real life Leperchaun in front of me I'd probably lose my mind too. Maybe next WWE will try something truly extraordinary and Roman can win his first career match not via pinfall and maybe via submission instead?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I didn't know I wanted Bray to become "woken" until now. This needs to happen, and he, Matt, and Brother Nero need to face The Shield. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS WONDERFUL!

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I for one actually really like this storyline they have going with Reigns/JJ/Joe.

Reminds me of attitude era WWE where its shades of grey.

Reigns is the chosen boy by the office but 90% of the crowd hates him. Jordan is supposed to be face but the crowd turned on him and he has a very slight heel aspect to his character. Joe is supposed to be the heel but the crowds cheer him.

JJ attacks Reigns to get his match which is somewhat heelish. Reigns attacks JJ after he saves him from Joe which is also heelish. Joe interfers in the ME and backs away from challenges which is heelish too. But the crowd loves Joe and JJ has the whole plucky underdog face thing going on in his matches.

And JJ is pretty damn good in the ring IMO. I like his character, the way he says "dad" to Kurt Angle it works. He just needs a hook for the audience to really latch onto. The crowd wants to boo him but its ironically for now. IMO he needs to define his character a bit more and creative does as well.

For now though we will get some great matches out of it.

JJvs Reigns was really good last night.
Bar+Joe vs Shield will be a ton of fun.
JJ vs Reigns vs Joe should be great
Joe vs JJ can be a great match
and Joe vs Reigns will also be really entertaining.

I have to give my props to WWE on this one the storyline is pretty exciting and I want to see where it goes.

Reactions: tp71

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
It's funny you say that. He was a failure for years and years in NXT until they give him Gable, and then they were legit the best tag team in the world. Now he's on the main roster, they botched American Alpha, and he's a failing singles again.

For sure, but I think he's getting better. How much better than bad, I don't really know. But I thought the opening segment wasn't all that bad. The problem could end up being turning around the opinions of those who have already largely tuned him out.

As you could see from this thread last night not many cared about the Reigns/JJ match, which is unfortunate because to me it was a solid TV match.

At the same time if he just doesn't work as a singles guy, I hope they don't just let him waste away. There's nothing wrong with being a great tag team wrestler.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The love that Chad Gable gets vs the heat that Jason Jordan gets on this forum blows my mind.

They’re completely interchangeable. Both are really good in the ring. Neither is that strong a promo but they aren’t abysmal either. Jordan is definitely meant to be a heel and I think he’s been planned to go heel from the start.

They were a hot act in NXT and collectively bombed on the main roster.

Since the split, Gable hasn’t improved, his team with Benjamin isn’t any more intriguing than it was with Jordan and now they’re heels.

Jordan and Gable will both be fine middle of the card guys. I think Jordan has a better shot of succeeding as a singles star but not by much.

I don’t see what some of you see as this huge difference between the two.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
There's a difference in talent level. Gable is clearly the better wrestler, but he's short so is never getting a real push. Gable is also where the personality was in the pair, he is far more natural in that regard. That's just how it is. Doesn't mean Jordan is bad at wrestling, he's far from it, or can't find a personality.

The hate for Jordan is the same as it is for Reigns. It's a push that no one wants in a storyline that was dead the second it started. No one has a problem with Jordan himself, he's just a chosen one that was taken over many better options.

And Alpha didn't bomb. That implies they were given a chance to succeed, all they got was "here American Alpha, they are so fun to watch" and that's it. If they had been introduced in better way and given a good push then they'd have doen so much better. It's a consistent WWE problem, not a talent problem.

Reactions: Hypernova

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Jordan absolutely deserved a push. Unfortunately they gave him a storyline that everyone should've known would bomb so big it would make Hiroshima look like a damp squib in comparison.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I wouldn't say deserved. He isn't an exceptional talent, nor had standout performances. He's just a guy that they like the look of so gave him a (terrible) push.

He'd have gotten one eventually anyway, 'cos he's the kind of guy that WWE will push as they never change, but no one was asking for it and he wasn't making a good case for himself either.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Bray in a program with Broken Matt will do wonders for him. Just give me weeks of nonsensical promos and a few bizarre gimmick matches...just go nuts with this. Suspend all disbelief and just go on a strange journey with those two.

Joe is fantastic...heels continue to be the best developed characters/personas in the company. Why are faces so lame?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Just read that in Reigns interview with Graves he said "You know, I'm the best performer in ring in the world right now. You can go to my matches and my pay-per-views over the last three years and you can say I'm an idiot or you can be like, 'Man, he's got a point,' you know what I mean?" When asked by Graves if he is WWE's top guy, Reigns responded, "Every day of the week."

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Discussed that quote elsewhere.

Think Reigns would fall somewhere in the 9 tof 15th best ring worker range. Certainly nowhere near where he thinks.

He's basically in the same tier as like....Sheamus.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Discussed that quote elsewhere.

Think Reigns would fall somewhere in the 9 tof 15th best ring worker range. Certainly nowhere near where he thinks.

He's basically in the same tier as like....Sheamus.
Looking at the men's roster (Raw and Smackdown only, no 205 or NXT), I'd probably put him somewhere in the 10-15 range too. Which is the tier of "really really good". Sheamus is no where that high mind.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I wouldnt even have Reigns top 20 in the world

he would maybe crack top 20 WWE. id have to think about it

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Well. If we're including NXT and wrestlers I think are better but not even in real matches anymore...then yeah. Top 20 maybe.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I just realized Cass is probably gonna be a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble. Him coming back at all is bad news, wonder how fat he got having to be off that wheel for so long.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Hmmm just for fun, guys I would rather watch in a wrestling match than Reigns. NxT not included:

Aiden English
AJ Styles
Big E
Bobby Roode
Braun Strowman
Bray Wyatt
Brock Lesnar (just barely, tough call on this one, hate him ever since suplex city matches)
Cesaro
Chad Gable
Chris Jericho
Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler
Drew Gulak
Finn Balor
Harper
Jeff Hardy
John Cena
Kevin Owens
Kofi