WWE: Monday Night Raw part 177: RomanwinsLOL and The Neverending Feud of Balor v Wyatt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It is easily the worst feud of the year in a year where we’ve had Orton/Mahal and Orton/Wyatt.

I strongly disagree.

I didn’t want it to continue after the last match, but it makes sense what they are doing.

We saw normal Bray beat normal Finn.

We saw Demon Finn beat normal Bray

We saw normal Finn beat normal Bray

Now, they are having Bray unleash his demonic gimmick to go up against Demon Finn.

And Demon Finn will likely take the fall to establish this new demonic gimmick from Bray.

Which is fine. We all want to see the Demon Finn be all unstoppable and then face Brock, but that’s not going to happen.

If/when Finn does face Brock, I doubt we see the Demon at all. A feud between Brock and Finn doesn’t make sense for that feud, especially with the Brock that we are booked who just does short matches where he suplexes people, takes a couple moves himself and hits an F5.

That’s besides the point though. Overall, the story is there, it’s good. The matches aren’t out of this world, but it’s been a solid enough feud.

It’s no where close to the worst feud of the year.

I mean, we are about to see WWE rush The Shield together and have them beat arguably the best mid-carder they have (Miz), the biggest monster they have (Braun), arguably the best Tag Team on RAW (Shesaro) and a returning legend (Kane).

There’s literally a worse storyline going on right now, let alone every story we have seen this year

Reactions: Disclose

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Finn/Wyatt has been the drizzling shits. I rate it SLIGHTLY higher than Mahal's nonsense because at least the right guy is winning. the whole thing is such cringe

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Didn’t watch RAW but read through he thread. It sounds like the show it a huge low point I didn’t see one positive comment last night, haha.

I’ll flip between the Sens and SD tonight to watch my boys Karlsson and Jinder.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I still find it fantastic that the Shield gets mega pops when together but when it's just Roman in the main event....right back to a chorus of boos.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
LOL...back to Kane. I'm surprised Big Show didn't come out to make the save.

But how will just 3 Shield members compete against dem odds??!!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think they'll give more to Bálor when he faces Brock. Heyman was putting him over when it looked like that was the direction they were going

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
they managed to find a way to ruin the easiest monster pop on the planet.

Not only do you play the shield music on ****ing raw instead of the PPV, not only do you have them wear the vests on raw instea of the PPV, not only do you play "sierra, hotel, india, echo, lima, delta, SHIELD" mid sentence of angle talking so no one can react properly, but then you use romans bootleg music after the shield intro to boot?

Just. Awful.

Wow, I didn't even catch that. They actually threw Roman's remixed theme behind the original open. What the f***.

For reference:

Last night:

Original theme:

:facepalm:

lmao when this thread has lasted almost a month and has 150 posts to go before a new one

meh we don't even need to limit them to 1000 anymore -- at least not DURING the shows if they're moving by.

LOL...back to Kane. I'm surprised Big Show didn't come out to make the save.

But how will just 3 Shield members compete against dem odds??!!

Still marked for Kane. The guy has had so much history with The Shield that it's almost fitting. First ever match against them (at TLC to boot), first ever victory against them (a part of the team), feuded with them while he was face AND heel. It's almost fitting to bring him back when The Shield returns because of the history. You can either play it off as him avenging Undertaker, or him hearing about The Shield's return and him insisting on getting a piece of them again.

But yeah, 3 on 5 against 4 credible threats today, one who happens to be the IC champ, and one of the all-time great big men and The Shield going over with Roman almost definitely getting the win. Yeah...

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I didn't actually watch Raw but holy shit did they botch the old school entrance.

You either do it last week...or at the PPV. Not inbetween.

Also the music botch. The entire OG intro was essentially drowned out by Kurt.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
They'll basically put Rollins and Ambrose in jeopardy, they'll be taking a 5 on 2 beating, then Roman will come in and basically obliterate everyone with the Superman Punch and then pin Strowman with the old foot on the chest while Ambrose and Rollins lie in the corner semi conscious.

The WWE has become so desperate to have reign's as the face of the company that they want this to be like the great band where the record company says that you can keep the name of the band but it has to be renamed as Lead singer and the band or the band featuring the lead singer.

This is going to be nothing more then The Shield featuring Roman Reigns.

Or Roman Reigns and the Shield.

In real life, eventually Rollings and Ambrose would turn on Reigns punch his lights out and go off and keep the Shield name and add a new lead singer.

But they're trapped into this now because of Vince and HHH being all starry eyed about Reigns and his look

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The original Shield TLC match was the same way, Kimi. Pinfall victory. And it brought the freaking house down with an awesome match.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I've not watched Raw yet, but did they say how a TLC match works without a title on the line? Or are the titles up for grabs some how?
It's just not a ladder match.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I could give a damn what happens in any of these other matches besides Asuka.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Honestly, RAW to me is far superior to SD right now. As long as Jinder is holding the strap it will continue to remain that way.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Smackdown is pretty bad atm but theres at least stuff im interested in. Raw is just unwatchable for me right now

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
While you may not like the rushed/forced Shield reunion, I guarantee that match will deliver in a big way. Those guys will kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad