WWE: Monday Night Raw part 116: TMZ >>>>>>>>>>> WWE Creative

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I'm actually critical of Taker and Brock regarding their match. It was fun to watch and as a fan it was nice to see an old school, violent cell match. Even so, it's pretty ****** for the full time wrestlers. Whether anybody likes it or not, WWE has rules against blood and chairshots to the head.

Brock and Taker broke these rules because they know they are such big stars that the most they'll get is a slap on the wrist that I'm sure is pocket change to them. Meanwhile, you've got these full time wrestlers who could never do those things to get their matches over because they could be fired and/or a sizeable fine would hurt them more considering they are not quite as wealthy.

To be honest, I think it's kind of ****** that 2 part timers blatantly disregarded the rules to get themselves over. You think they'd be more considerate of the guys who are on the road night after night busting their ***** to get over without blood and nasty chair shots.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Taker and Brock getting themselves over is good for all the wrestlers, I don't think anyone on the roster will be mad at those guys for pushing the boundaries in ways others can't right now.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Taker and Brock getting themselves over is good for all the wrestlers, I don't think anyone on the roster will be mad at those guys for pushing the boundaries in ways others can't right now.

So if you had a job where 2 guys who work 10 days a year showed up and did **** you're not allowed to do in order to make more money you'd be happy about it? Ok then.

I don't see how Taker and Lesnar doing anything helps anybody. It doesn't really help the company because they are part timers, it doesn't help the young guys because the key spots on the card are occupied by part timers.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
So if you had a job where 2 guys who work 10 days a year showed up and did **** you're not allowed to do in order to make more money you'd be happy about it? Ok then.

I don't see how Taker and Lesnar doing anything helps anybody. It doesn't really help the company because they are part timers, it doesn't help the young guys because the key spots on the card are occupied by part timers.

If Brock/Taker bring in more viewers it's a benefit for everybody and maybe just maybe them getting some blood(with no backlash from sponsors etc) might show Vince that it's not the worst thing in the world from time to time on PPV(outside of the TV-PG setting) and he'll loosen his restrictions

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
If Brock/Taker bring in more viewers it's a benefit for everybody and maybe just maybe them getting some blood(with no backlash from sponsors etc) might show Vince that it's not the worst thing in the world from time to time on PPV(outside of the TV-PG setting) and he'll loosen his restrictions

The recent ratings suggest that Brock and Taker are not drawing in more viewers. Even if they did, the full time wrestlers are booked as below all of the part timers so any extra viewers will just see them as geeks.

S A W F T*

So... do the Wyatts open the show?

Or are we going to get a gloating Seth Rollins for 20 minutes?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Charlotte doesn't sell ****. Nikki works on the back the whole match, even hitting an Alabama Slam on the apron and Charlotte still locks on the figure-eight with hardly a problem.

She tried to do a holding suplex or what ever it was but sold the back damage by dropping Nikki or cancelling it almost immediately. The slam on the apron struck mostly her upper back or neck and wouldn't hurt with the Figure 8. Didn't she have another finisher in NXT? Natural Selection or something?

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I think the worst part of last night was that boring 5 min match between Owens and Ryback, once again the midcard means literally nothing and they're wasting a great talent

S A W F T*

man I still don't get Ryback, I haven't enjoyed a single thing Ryback did since that bully gimmick... he's so bad

Agreed.

He just comes off as a more dumb version of Goldberg. I know Ryback is actually very intelligent but he just comes off as a dumb meathead.

Met him before and he couldn't have been more nice.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Looks like my cena-nikki relationship garbage was a good guess as she seems to be taking time off with cena.

""You put up a tough fight @MsCharlotteWWE Hold on 2 that title bc my journey isn't over I feel as if I lost it all Time 2 regroup I'll b back"

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Agreed.

He just comes off as a more dumb version of Goldberg. I know Ryback is actually very intelligent but he just comes off as a dumb meathead.

Met him before and he couldn't have been more nice.

oh I know it's never about the person, my hatred is in kayfabe

Looks like my cena-nikki relationship garbage was a good guess as she seems to be taking time off with cena.

Nikki's trying to save her wedding, and therefore her career :sarcasm:

Oct 18, 2011
I'm actually critical of Taker and Brock regarding their match. It was fun to watch and as a fan it was nice to see an old school, violent cell match. Even so, it's pretty ****** for the full time wrestlers. Whether anybody likes it or not, WWE has rules against blood and chairshots to the head.

Brock and Taker broke these rules because they know they are such big stars that the most they'll get is a slap on the wrist that I'm sure is pocket change to them. Meanwhile, you've got these full time wrestlers who could never do those things to get their matches over because they could be fired and/or a sizeable fine would hurt them more considering they are not quite as wealthy.

To be honest, I think it's kind of ****** that 2 part timers blatantly disregarded the rules to get themselves over. You think they'd be more considerate of the guys who are on the road night after night busting their ***** to get over without blood and nasty chair shots.
OTOH taker and brock did everything they could to give the fans their money's worth, and a match worthy of ending the feud, and they did that

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The recent ratings suggest that Brock and Taker are not drawing in more viewers. Even if they did, the full time wrestlers are booked as below all of the part timers so any extra viewers will just see them as geeks.

I understand your criticism and on one hand I agree with it but on the other hand, sometimes you need a catalyst to open things up but it depends on how Taker and Brock handle it from here and to what end they did that. If they did it because they went in business for themselves and have no designs on defending it for all to do then yeah, I agree with it. But if they come to the realization that this type of delivery on a main event can help things, then it's for the greater good of the business.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
OTOH taker and brock did everything they could to give the fans their money's worth, and a match worthy of ending the feud, and they did that

I understand your criticism and on one hand I agree with it but on the other hand, sometimes you need a catalyst to open things up but it depends on how Taker and Brock handle it from here and to what end they did that. If they did it because they went in business for themselves and have no designs on defending it for all to do then yeah, I agree with it. But if they come to the realization that this type of delivery on a main event can help things, then it's for the greater good of the business.

I'm sure their intentions were good and it is certainly commendable that both guys were willing to put on such an intense match to entertain the fans. There's just no way Vince will re-consider the company policy on blood. For one, the toy company they have an agreement with do not want blood. I'm sure many more of their sponsors are the same way.

It would be nice and hiac only really works with blood but this is the direction WWE is going in. They need to find a way to get the fans invested with the pg restrictions. It can be done, but the only way is to create fresh new stars and it seems like that is not going to happen either. This company is a real mess right now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Tonight is going to be interesting.

So many clean slates. Almost all the titles are open and need fresh feuds.

Seth should be done with Kane and needs a new feud.

KO should be done with Ryback.

We need someone for Del Rio to feud with (and we need to find out if he is a heel or a face).

Assuming Charlotte starts a program with Paige.

And honestly New Day needs someone new as the Dudley feud seems dead.

Then we need to see some Wyatt fallout.

Wish we had more face champs. Could be cool if the family just went after all the titles and tried to take over for a few months.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
What if it's not Taker vs Bray/Wyatt's at all?

I'd love if they pulled a complete swap and had them aligned.

This is what I hoped for when they came out. I was hoping they'd kind of bow down and Bray would tell him the "family" could bring the evil back out and make him a dominant force again to go get the wwe title one last time.

Bray coming out every week and preaching the legacy of the Undertaker and that he will rise again. The family coming out and destroying people for the Undertaker.

:popcorn:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is what I hoped for when they came out. I was hoping they'd kind of bow down and Bray would tell him the "family" could bring the evil back out and make him a dominant force again to go get the wwe title one last time.

Bray coming out every week and preaching the legacy of the Undertaker and that he will rise again. The family coming out and destroying people for the Undertaker.

:popcorn:

Maybe they go old school and pull the urn out and "control him" with it like Paul used to WAY back when he was still a fill on zombie.

S A W F T*

Clearly Taker is going to team up with Jack Swagger and they will become The Real American Badasses.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Maybe they'll pull a 1999 and have Bray and the family torment the Undertaker for weeks while claiming to answer to a higher power. Then it's revealed that the higher power, the man responsible for the torment of the Undertaker, was none other than the Undertaker.

"Even Michelle McCool bought it!"

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Maybe they'll pull a 1999 and have Bray and the family torment the Undertaker for weeks while claiming to answer to a higher power. Then it's revealed that the higher power, the man responsible for the torment of the Undertaker, was none other than the Undertaker.

"Even Michelle McCool bought it!"

It was me Calloway! It was me all along!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad