WWE: Monday Night Raw 170 - Taking out the trash

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer on Raw rating -
Raw had a 15% ratings drop between hour 2 and hour 3. There is no way to explain that other than they are turning people off. Because these are people who are watching the show. They're not watching the NBA game, they're not waiting for YouTube, cuz they're already watching. These are people who turned the show off cuz they lost interest

Also says a lot about fan interest in Wyatt and Ambrose.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The downslope started when BonMorrison got shown on TV IMO

Ratings Killer.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Meltzer on Raw rating -

I can buy this perspective. When Goldberg and Lesnar were around for the third hour the third hour was typically the same or lowered from 100-000-200 000 at best.

Another point is that raw pulled in higher ratings than Nhls game 6 of Pittsburgh vs Washington. Would of thought that the game would pull in more people.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Ice hockey is a very regional sport. People will generally only watch if their team is involved, and a lot of places don't have a team. Basketball on the other hand has a much bigger impact. Even during the season a big basketball game has an impact on WWE ratings, where as ice hockey is a non-factor.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
18423734_1430969493629821_1114242262337845449_n.jpg

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Meltzer on Raw rating -

No real reason to invest in either at this point.
Raw has a part time champion and its clear that otherwise its the Roman show.
Wyatt is a carricature.
Ambrose is literally a joke character.

Its like Rusev (slightly interested to see what he does on SDL)

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Raw has a part time champion and its clear that otherwise its the Roman show.

And that's a big reason why Monday Night Raw is failing. Fans DO NOT like Roman and yet WWE continues to send this guy to the moon to stomp out Neil Armstrong's footprints and I guess somehow we're supposed to cheer the guy on while he does it. As for the part timer crisis. WWE wants to make all this money by making a deal with a guy like Lesnar. It only sabotages the credibility of your company when you're a sports entertainment company that's been predicated upon regularly defending your championship. And yet you wanna make it look more like MMA because they only fight once every few months. You thereby put in an MMA champion to attempt to blur the lines a little bit and throw the baby out with the bathwater by making the Universal Championship a part time belt. There is so much wrong with that. But at the end of the day they're gonna ask "What makes money?" and I guess they found the formula they're looking for.

But I'd say wrestling was only about half the equation in the Attitude Era. The other half was an interesting character with interesting things to day. You could've just put the Rock in the ring for 2 hours and lined up wrestler after wrestler for him to diss and the show would've drawn a 5.8 and have been a "This was your life" all over again.

There are several fundamental changes need to be made to the programming and unfortunately it's not going to happen any time soon. Meanwhile their ratings will continue to circle the drain until they make Monday Night Raw more interesting.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
But I'd say wrestling was only about half the equation in the Attitude Era. The other half was an interesting character with interesting things to day. You could've just put the Rock in the ring for 2 hours and lined up wrestler after wrestler for him to diss and the show would've drawn a 5.8 and have been a "This was your life" all over again..

Exactly.

Raw's ratings would drop regardless. It's not Roman's fault.

No. Its not Roman's fault. And yes, the ratings would drop. But at what point do you do something to try and stop it? At what point do you say 'Hmm, maybe a different approach?'
At what point do you start preparing for the future?
Right now the WWE reminds me of the Leafs post lockout, signing the Lindros'/Allisons/Pecas to try and stay slightly relevant rather than taking that next step to try and become something consistent, enticing and maybe even exciting again. Theyre a ship without direction. They dont appear to know what kind of company they wanna be. Worse even, its like they keep their McDavids/Eichels/Matthews'/Laines in irrelevant roles while doing so.

It seems more and more like the attitude era was a complete luck job and that maybe Vince (et al) never actually had a clue?

Sorry for all the hockey references but thats the best way I can relate it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Of course the attitude era was luck. You had two generational stars (Austin and Rock) in one era. You had huge competition from WCW and Vince had his back against the ropes.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Of course the attitude era was luck. You had two generational stars (Austin and Rock) in one era. You had huge competition from WCW and Vince had his back against the ropes.

I hear that shawn hickenbottom guy was "Okay" too.

Don't get it twisted, the roster was absolutely STACKED from the late 90s on up.

Austin, Rock, HHH, HBK, Taker, Kane, big show, jericho, the hardys, edge & christian, the dudleyz, x-pac was alright, shane was a maniac, then there's other guys who were good but never got a real push like test. Then they brought in benoit, guerrero, angle etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino