Pre-Game Talk: Monahan-less Habs vs Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Sorry but Roy isn't ready and needs to work his craft in Laval.
Strong disagree. Most games he was extremely noticeable offensively, smart in the neutral and not a liability defensively.

Small sample size but we’re 59% of expected goals when he’s on the ice.

Ready for top6? No. Ready for 3rd line with PP time? Hell yeah.

Reactions: Toene

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs likely going with an 11-7 lineup. Gignac playing C.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Pearson-Evans-Ylonen
Condotta-Gignac-Anderson
RHP-Pezzetta (extra?)-Armia

Matheson-Guhle
Struble-Savard
Harris-Kovacevic
Xhekaj

Montembeault

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Habs likely going with an 11-7 lineup. Gignac playing C.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Pearson-Evans-Ylonen
Condotta-Gignac-Anderson
RHP-Pezzetta (extra?)-Armia

Matheson-Guhle
Struble-Savard
Harris-Kovacevic

military-display-Leopard-scaled-3476057196.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gignac on the 2nd PP wave.

Can already envision @dinodebino chiming in with his « Fernand » and « donnez-moi des roses » monikers. :sarcasm:

Interesting to see Xhekaj being used on the 2nd PP wave during practice but not Ghule.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: waitin425

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I mean do we want Evans and his 2 goals on the PP?

Guy needed 2 gifts to make it happen too.

Tankers say yes.

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Gignac from an AHL contract last week to the 2nd unit PP in the NHL next week. I really don't understand the obsession with the 4 forwards 1 dman on both PP units when the forwards outside of the top line suck offensively.

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
No offense but that’s a freaking sad lineup

No need to spare offense.

Its a terrible, garbage lineup.
But its been a terrible, garbage lineup for a while.

And you see it in fans grasping at any sort of performance. It was Pitlick a few seasons ago, RHP last year, idk who this year. We had the pleasure of watching Jordan Weal on the PP.

At one point Paul freaking Byron was one of our best scorers. Gallagher is actually our best scorer over his tenure I think. Stuff of nightmares really.

And I got nothing against those players. They just cant be in your top 6 (well beside Gallagher, but he should really not be your top scorer over such a long period of time)

Jul 6, 2016
In the interview Monahan said that "all you want as a player is a chance to play in the playoffs". Hmm... is he implying that if he stayed with the Habs he wouldn't have a chance to play in da playoffs? that's kinda rude.
The guy can't wait 3 more seasons.... It's not rude, It is reality. And he accepted a 2M $ contract with the assurance from Hughes he would finf him a contending team THIS SEASON if the Habs were nowhere close of a Playoffs spot. Monahan was in a winning chair , and Hughes, by getting a 1st rounder for him (actually 2), is also in a winning chair. Of course, it could have a depressing effect on the other players.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
It's gonna be brutal 0-3
Other than the deletion of Monahan from our line up what else is the predicator for such gloom? Was Monahan that pivotal to the team’s success?

I think some are overreacting. The sky is not falling. Well, at least, not yet.

Reactions: Team_Spirit

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Other than the deletion of Monahan from our line up what else is the predicator for such gloom? Was Monahan that pivotal to the team’s success?

I think some are overreacting. The sky is not falling. Well, at least, not yet.

Overreacting???!!!

This roster clearly illustrates how far out of his depth MSL really is, peewee wannabe. This is a team that should be fighting for a playoff spot minimum. When can we get a coach that will be held to accountabilty??

Throw him in the hot seat!

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Overreacting???!!!

This roster clearly illustrates how far out of his depth MSL really is, peewee wannabe. This is a team that should be fighting for a playoff spot minimum. When can we get a coach that will be held to accountabilty??

Throw him in the hot seat!
I don’t quite understand your argument. Are you stating that our roster is strong enough to make the playoffs but that MSL is the impediment to that success? Or that MSL is the reason for this lamentable roster?

In either case, I would respectfully suggest that you are wrong. Through years of incompetence in team building and a string of untimely injuries we have a team that Toe Blake couldn’t coax into the playoffs. The fact that MSL has them playing at a near 50% clip is frankly unbelievable.

As for fighting for a playoff spot, one good week of results and you may well have your wish.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I don’t quite understand your argument. Are you stating that our roster is strong enough to make the playoffs but that MSL is the impediment to that success? Or that MSL is the reason for this lamentable roster?

In either case, I would respectfully suggest that you are wrong. Through years of incompetence in team building and a string of untimely injuries we have a team that Toe Blake couldn’t coax into the playoffs. The fact that MSL has them playing at a near 50% clip is frankly unbelievable.

As for fighting for a playoff spot, one good week of results and you may well have your wish.

Sorry, I thought it was evident sarcasm, I was making fun of some takes that MSL has been doing a poor job with a terrible roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad