Pre-Game Talk: Monahan-less Habs vs Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I hope to see some progress from Alex Newhook once he gets back.
I hope for the best, but center doesn't seem to be his position and ankle injuries are tough to come back from at first.

I think we'll get to see Newhook being centered and set up by Dach next year. That I'm looking really forward to.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We could go with the "try to maximize their trade value lineup"

RHP - Suzuki - Anderson
Caufield - Newhook - Pearson
Slaf - Evans - Armia
Pez - Condotta - Ylonen

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I'm hoping Slafkovsky continues to progress....that's more or less the only thing left that interests me at the moment.
Agreed...........but there are a few things to keep us interested, Guhlie, Arber, and sometime in March I think we will see Hutson! If not in March, April for sure!

As for upfront, would like Slaf, CC and The Captain to be reunited, so we at least have one line that can create scoring chances.

Monty and Primeau to take the net, and Allen gone.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
No offense but that’s a freaking sad lineup
Yes, we're going to be icing a sad lineup no matter how you slice it for the next 32 games.

I mean I was trying to maximize Anderson, Pearson, and Armia. But to try to get 2 scoring lines and a defensively sound 3rd line, you could go:

RHP - Suzuki - Anderson
Caufield - Newhook - Slafkovsky
Armia/Ylonen - Evans - Pearson
Pez - Condotta - Ylonen/Armia

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
The next 32 games will be difficult to watch.
Because first 50 were such a treat really...

Lineup with Monahan wasn't great, but now it's downright ugly. I believe Gignac is staying up.

I guess:

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Pearson-Evans-Anderson
RHP-Gignac-Armia
Pezzetta-Condotta-Ylonen

Suspended: Gallagher
IR: Newhook, Dach, Dvorak
oh god.. we still have dvorak

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The next 32 games will be difficult to watch.
Yup.

That's honestly why I was hoping for Gauthier, just to see something different.

Now you're tuning in hoping Slaf does something, or Xhekaj/Guhle look good on the back in.

Monty keeps the team close, but they lose because of lack of skill.

Reactions: Tyson

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
We could go with the "try to maximize their trade value lineup"

RHP - Suzuki - Anderson
Caufield - Newhook - Pearson
Slaf - Evans - Armia
Pez - Condotta - Ylonen
Emphasis on "try".
I'll be popping champagne if Hughes pulls one of these off ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 26Mats

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Emphasis on "try".
I'll be popping champagne if Hughes pulls one of these off ;)
Pearson should be gone. Someone who needs depth should at least offer a 7th for him. No one is likely to want Armia until next years deadline. Someone want might want Anderson but HuGo is not retaining for 3 more years (unless the offer is 2 1sts). Would have to be a cap dump with 2 or 3 years left on his contract.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Lineup with Monahan wasn't great, but now it's downright ugly. I believe Gignac is staying up.

I guess:

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Pearson-Evans-Anderson
RHP-Gignac-Armia
Pezzetta-Condotta-Ylonen

Suspended: Gallagher
IR: Newhook, Dach, Dvorak

& yet how much do you want to bet that some posters will take the impending late season "collapse" as a coaching problem...

If they manage anything close to .500 hockey down the stretch, MSL should win the Adams lol

I'll settle for Suzuki, Slaf, CC & Newhook and our young D playing well/staying engaged and looking excited about next year at the locker clean out... Just that would be a big win and a positive reflection on the coaching

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
It's a stop-gap measure but I don't dislike Condotta on the 4th line. He's effective. Some players play a 4th line style and will never be in the top 6 but he's no defensive liability and seems to do well.

Now don't throw me stones for it, he's just better in that role at the NHL level than say Kidney or Andersen but still, it gives something to look at when listening to the game.

I'm eager to see what Gignac will do now

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
& yet how much do you want to bet that some posters will take the impending late season "collapse" as a coaching problem...

If they manage anything close to .500 hockey down the stretch, MSL should win the Adams lol

I'll settle for Suzuki, Slaf, CC & Newhook and our young D playing well/staying engaged and looking excited about next year at the locker clean out... Just that would be a big win and a positive reflection on the coaching
Thinking MSL needs to stop using Gallagher so much.................might help some of us think he is actually developing his kids, and not his vets! Gally and Armia are two I want to see on the 4th line in terms of usage....
Let the kids loose!! Bench the useless vets.

For the record I like MSL..............but some of his decisions, leave me confused as to what he is thinking.....up front and on D.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

You're right. This crappy roster is going to lose alot of games, and it's going to be msl's fault for not making chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad