Pre-Game Talk: Monahan-less Habs vs Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
A welcome development, this team needs speed.
I'd keep the Suzuki line the same, but Drop Evans into 2C and try to find the right mix for the bottom two lines

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Newhook-Evans-Anderson
Pearson-Gignac-Gallagher
Pezzetta-Condotta-Armia

Last edited:
Reactions: HabbyGuy

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'd keep the Suzuki line the same, but Drop Evans into 2C and try to find the right mix for the bottom two lines

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Newhook-Evans-Anderson
Pearson-Gignac-Gallagher
Pezzetta-Condotta-Armia

Gallagher is suspended for another 4 games.

At least the 2nd line brings speed. Stick Ylonen on 3rd line for now.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We are looking until at least 2026-2027 before the team starts improving. What kind of players will start making a difference next year? The forward core will still suck. Only addition might be Roy.

Dach will be back but I am expecting him to be injured again at some point (sry I know it's rough but wish him the best and hopefully I'm being proved wrong).

Slaf should continue his progression next season but it wouldn't be enough to tip the scale in our favor. Especially considering our direct tanking competitors will get better than us.
I think we start competing for the playoffs in 25-26.

Which is kind of crazy. The estimate was 3 months. It's been only 2. I wasn't expecting Newhook back til late February at the earliest. Timeline was early March.

He's a bigger threat as a winger than a center. They should try Slafkovsky at center.
I’d rather he just sit out and heal properly. Why rush back?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think over the past few seasons it has been shown that our scouts are decent. What has changed is the way the players are being developed and brought along.

Agreed - theres nothing from the last two drafts to say so far they made the wrong pick. Everyone is still developing and the only spot where there was doubt because there were other NHlers, Slafkovsky is showing to be at the same level with them to the point you couldn't say Cooley or Nemec are unequivocally better picks.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I think Monahan PP production would be partially replacable, if they would call up Roy, who’d be a great bumper on our PP1

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
I just realized that the game is not tonight but tomorrow :confused:

After that its another 3 days without a game..

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
In the interview Monahan said that "all you want as a player is a chance to play in the playoffs". Hmm... is he implying that if he stayed with the Habs he wouldn't have a chance to play in da playoffs? that's kinda rude.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think over the past few seasons it has been shown that our scouts are decent. What has changed is the way the players are being developed and brought along.
Development has been better under the current regime. Plus, you can only develop so much — you need quality players to work with. We’ll see how this regime’s draft crop pans out.

Reactions: HabbyGuy and Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad