Injury Report: Monahan and Wideman on IR

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Does this actually mean Monahan will miss WJC for sure? I mean wouldn't it promote a stint in the AHL leading up to the tournament to get his fitness back?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Gio should be back soon, which should help the sting of losing Wideman. Curious as to why Knight wasnt called up though, hopefully this means they are going to give Backlund a chance. Any word on Cundari? Would have thought he would have been called up.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
But Bouwmeester was useless for us huh? :shakehead

I thought this thread was a joke at first... I think the hockey gods really, really, really want us to get a top 2 pick this year.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Gio should be back soon, which should help the sting of losing Wideman. Curious as to why Knight wasnt called up though, hopefully this means they are going to give Backlund a chance. Any word on Cundari? Would have thought he would have been called up.

The Flames are making Knight pay for that tweet a while back. :sarcasm:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
But Bouwmeester was useless for us huh? :shakehead

I thought this thread was a joke at first... I think the hockey gods really, really, really want us to get a top 2 pick this year.

We should bow to their wishes and just get a top line center or top pair dman we desperately need.

At least there are silver linings to these rebuild years... you suck but then you get a chance to pick up really great players. It will truly be rough watching flames try and keep up on this roadie with TJ and Russell holding down our d.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I feel bad for TJ but Russell can definitely handle it. Not gonna lie, I think that with Gio out, he is our best all-around defenseman and I would like to see him get signed to a fat, extended contract next year.

JulianHopper*

This is not good news, that's for sure.

Hopefully the team can pull together here and play well. I guess we'll be seeing more guys up here from Abbotsford and give them a chance in the lineup.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Really? No one's going to make this post? Okay, I guess I will:

vader.jpg

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
easy GDT for next game.... "everyone's broken!!!"

the brass up in Red Deer last night must've really liked Sam :sarcasm:

pretty sure Monahan can be back as soon as in a week(7 days minimum) though, especially if he is listed as "week to week" instead of a definite 6-8 weeks like Wideman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad