Injury Report: Monahan and Wideman on IR

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think they have not been playing him as much cause they know they have another season with him, testing all other options to see who they need to re-up

I think this is exactly the most accurate explanation of what is happening. They want to see if he worth bringing back and getting in extension in the new year.

And this news is terrible! Ekblad here we come.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Disappointing news right there. Hopefully this means Baertschi can control the play more.

marbsarebad

Jul 20, 2013
Olympia, WA
Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
They should be doing this next year instead so we can get McDavid.

Flames aren't going to be any better next season barring any significant acquisitions. Not unless they change playing styles and/or coach. Might even be slightly worse if the bulk of the free agents walk and the none of the goalies step up.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Flames aren't going to be any better next season barring any significant acquisitions. Not unless they change playing styles and/or coach. Might even be slightly worse if the bulk of the free agents walk and the none of the goalies step up.

Our significant acquisitions will be Poirier and Mr. 2014 First Rounder! :laugh:

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows

Ya, next season might be the year they actually have to get young. Slightly worse is being optimistic.

For years a lot of people complained that the Flames were "trapped in mediocrity". Good enough to make/challenge for the playoffs, but not good enough to win the cup.

Well Hooray! They are no longer trapped in mediocrity. And will not be for quite some time.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Ya, next season might be the year they actually have to get young. Slightly worse is being optimistic.

For years a lot of people complained that the Flames were "trapped in mediocrity". Good enough to make/challenge for the playoffs, but not good enough to win the cup.

Well Hooray! They are no longer trapped in mediocrity. And will not be for quite some time.

^ Good job, now the Flames will win their next 8 :laugh:

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I can take a 6 to 8 week break from watching Dennis Wideman blow a tire on the GWG against. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine.

And you're telling me that guys like Butler, O'Brien or Smith are going to be notably better defensively? Not only are they going to be poorer in that department, but they don't contribute nearly as much offense. Losing Wideman is huge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->