Injury Report: Monahan and Wideman on IR

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's like Christmas! Except instead of presents, Santa delivers hot, steaming piles of dog ****. Wait, I guess it's the opposite of Christmas.

Once again, though, this represents just another opportunity for others to step up. Here's looking at you, Backlund, and you, Reinhart.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Well, that's that then. Best defensemen with Giordano already gone and the second best forward gone for a while.

Although, in theory, it should allow Backlund some opportunity to play more. Plus more minutes on the powerplay for Russell and Brodie.

This probably ends Monahan chances, however slim they were, of going to the WJC too.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Well, that's that then. Best defensemen with Giordano already gone and the second best forward gone for a while.

Although, in theory, it should allow Backlund some opportunity to play more. Plus more minutes on the powerplay for Russell and Brodie.

This probably ends Monahan chances, however slim they were, of going to the WJC too.

Not to mention his Calder hopes.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I like how this is what some people are considering the end of our competitive season... we are aware that in the west, we're only better than the oil right? And that our team wasn't built well enough to compete with like.... anyone in our division, right?

Sucks, Monahan had a legitimate chance at the Calder. Hopefully he is only out for a week or two.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I like how this is what some people are considering the end of our competitive season... we are aware that in the west, we're only better than the oil right? And that our team wasn't built well enough to compete with like.... anyone in our division, right?

Sucks, Monahan had a legitimate chance at the Calder. Hopefully he is only out for a week or two.

:laugh:

Flames will go from 14th, to 15th! The horror. These upcoming games are going to get ugly...

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
Silver lining .... Monahans conditioning stint at WJC ....

Gio skated the other day so hoping he is back soon but while he and Wides are both out things are going to get rougher for our keeper, well at least we now know Hartly will play Ramo, he always seems to get thrown into a situation where the possibility of getting shelled is 10 times greater that normal

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Silver lining .... Monahans conditioning stint at WJC ....

Gio skated the other day so hoping he is back soon but while he and Wides are both out things are going to get rougher for our keeper, well at least we now know Hartly will play Ramo, he always seems to get thrown into a situation where the possibility of getting shelled is 10 times greater that normal

:laugh: It's funny because it's true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad