Confirmed with Link: Molson Wants the Habs to Play Games in Paris - Possiblilty 2025-2026 Season

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Real dumb, not even a hockey country. Australia was dumb as well...

Might as well play games in Morocco.

Yes. Kinshasa, Madrid, Tangiers, Mexico City, and Karachi would be my current hit list if I were running the show. Of course if I was running the show the product would be so ****ing good the Cup final would be played in a 1 million person capacity crater on the moon

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Cooked in butter? Isn't that the secret of all French cuisine?

No, one trip to Paris was enough for me. I was 13 and I almost got into a fight with a clerk from a Money Exchange counter at Charles-De-Gaulle. He tried to short change me.

Aren't ALL pro sports declining in popularity in the West? Most of Gen Z don't give a smeg about the NHL, the NBA, ...

Depends on the sport and what people mean by sports. For younger generations its partially an accessibility issue. Younger people consume media differently (less cable and TV, more social media), playing sports can be expensive (especially equipment and playing surface specific sports like hockey), and its expensive to go to games or watch. Some sports have done a better job than others (NFL has faired well and while NBA live game viewership has declined, they've been very good at getting engagement on other forms of media).

From a league's POV, the live sporting events are one product, but not the only one. There's a difference between not watching live games and not caring about a league/sport.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Given the length of the schedule, I don't care about that. And by the way, hockey is far less popular worldwide than baseball and basketball. It's a good thing to hit Europe in October. Last thing, some people care about hockey in France. 18 686 persons played the sport in 2022.
Nit-piking here but ice hockey is far less popular. Field hockey is actually a very popular sports and i think more than baseball and basketball.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Is Molson not aware that Parisians/Franciliens don't care about hockey at all and look down their noses at French Canadians?

There is a major difference between the English/American comparison with the France/Quebec comparison in that the U.S. is every bit deserving of being looked down at due to half of their population being racist, bigoted, brainwashed imbeciles with the vast majority of their intellectual strength being isolated on the north eastern and west coasts. Quebecers are looked down at by many in France for nothing more than elitist snobbery and viewed as mongrels by many......the same thing even happens in Quebec with the pure laine nonsense.
Wow what the F? We've got an expert on the French over here. Are you French yourself?

Wasn't expecting this kind of casual bigotry reading this conversation, not just from this guy but other comments as well. Wow.

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Wow what the F? We've got an expert on the French over here. Are you French yourself?

Wasn't expecting this kind of casual bigotry reading this conversation, not just from this guy but other comments as well. Wow.

Your response is so typical of cancel culture zealots who actively look to be offended and use it as an opportunity to virtue signal.

If you understood racism/xenophobia/bigotry at all and were coming from a place of intellectual objectivity you would see that I was pointing out bigotry and in order to do so you need to identify the individual/group who are committing the offence. But of course as soon as a group is identified then you think that is bigotry. Is it also bigotry to call Nazi's racist or single out the Southern States as having a racist history?

I did not say that all Parisians are bigoted nor did I insinuate most of them are bigoted just that there is a significant portion of the population that look down at french Canadians as peasants that left France and speak a proletarian, lesser version of the french language. This is absolutely a fact and just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is not true. The same thing happens in Quebec where the "Pur laine" look down at much of the population as they try and suck up to their elitist brethren in France.

Reactions: MonkeyBusiness

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
More serious question : Who decides on where a foreign game is played?

I assume it's the NHL.

Once the NHL decides some games will be played in Paris (or even Marseille, Bruxelles or Geneva), it seems logical for all parties involved that the Canadiens would be one of the teams involved in that game.

Paris also makes much more sense than Australia. I mean, they hosted the Worlds a few years ago, and they have decent home league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad